• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx vs Nsx

So I look at the 2013 nsx and I start to like it to the point were I want to get one. As I google pictures of it I run into the HSC nsx. After looking at the HSC I think I don't like the 2013 nsx as much and I don't want one like I did. It's almost like I just lose total interest in it after that. Has this happened to any one else or is it just me. The HSC was so bad ass looking in comparison to the 2013 nsx.

Same here. There was a picture somewhere with the HSC and the current NSX side by side on a video game and I was like wtf? Why didn't they use the HSC to be the next NSX? It looks so much better and a new version of the 02-05 headlights.

100% agreed, the new one is a mistake and looks so much like an R8 it's shameful. The HSC would have been a beautiful evolution of a true NSX.

Same here. There was a picture somewhere with the HSC and the current NSX side by side on a video game and I was like wtf? Why didn't they use the HSC to be the next NSX? It looks so much better and a new version of the 02-05 headlights.

It was because everyone, at the time of it's unveiling, didn't like the HSC enough for Honda to make it. They liked the overall shape but everyone was complaining about the low power 350hp engine and didn't like the rear end.

Have you noticed that the HSC was photoshopped/edited/messed with a lot more than the new NSX concept. I remember there were many iterations of what people thought the HSC should look like. The new NSX has very little edits (seems like the majority of you would like a longer rear end), to me that might mean the new NSX concept design is good enough in the eyes of many prime members.

Last edited:
It's still a wannabe R8 and total departure from the original. Wish they would just put the hsc front end on the new one at least. That would solve the ugly problem and the R8 xerox problem.

I dont think the new NSX look like an R8 that much, but I still like the new NSX design, just doesnt resemble the old design like the HSC do.

One of these days I'm going to take the time to blur a photo of both and have people try to tell the difference

Dude, the outdated look on the HSC make me glad that Honda didn't produce it.

The B piller is terrible, and the rear bat mobile like hatch was stupid, the front bumper with a line down in the middle was out of place when the hook has the traditional line, and the quarter panel look extraordinarily boring. The door is stupidly thick which limits interior space, and the side air intake should be on the top like the F40 with that thick massive of doors.

The only good looking part of that car is the rear, and even with that, they missed it by not having a retractable spoiler...

:biggrin:

The NSX 2.0 is sleeker, more arodynamic, more beautiful in terms of modern day Japanese sports car, and more modern.

Dude, the outdated look on the HSC make me glad that Honda didn't produce it.

The B piller is terrible, and the rear bat mobile like hatch was stupid, the front bumper with a line down in the middle was out of place when the hook has the traditional line, and the quarter panel look extraordinarily boring. The door is stupidly thick which limits interior space, and the side air intake should be on the top like the F40 with that thick massive of doors.

The only good looking part of that car is the rear, and even with that, they missed it by not having a retractable spoiler...

:biggrin:

The NSX 2.0 is sleeker, more arodynamic, more beautiful in terms of modern day Japanese sports car, and more modern.

I do not agree at all with that. The new one looks generic and not special. It kind of looks like a camaro to me.

I do not agree at all with that. The new one looks generic and not special. It kind of looks like a camaro to me.

I don't know where you got that Camero look. HSC look like NSX 1.0 redesigned for chicks, it's got that metrosexual look to it.

The roof look like Porsche Caymen
5d8358439578b85ee4cb192dde365c8a.jpg

2012-Acura-NSX-Concept-1.jpg
01-one-night-stand-camaro-580op.jpg

Last edited:
Looking like the camaro with a body kit. I also just asked 4 people who just came over to my place and there 3 kids what car they like most. Needless to say they all thuoght the hsc was cool looking. I am sure to you the other one looks better but most people like the hsc than the new one.

Vamp, I think there is too much forced association going on. You have a transformers Camaro with your NSX and you think the NSX concept and Camaro look alike?:confused: You can't knock something and then have your avatar celebrating it lol.

Those two pics next to each other show there are nothing alike at all in shape or size. In fact, I always thought the Camaro was decent looking, but putting it next to the NSX concepts made look even worst.

I will however say that I like the HSC front end slightly better than the new concept's front end. It looks closer to the original's shape, but you can still tell BOTH are derived from the original NSX. The Rx8-like B pillar destroyed the side profile for the HSC, but the interior did not look too bad. Overall IMO, the new NSX Concept looks better than the HSC.

If they could integrate the HSC front end and balance out of the length of the rear end like I have been purported for so long now, then I think there would be a definite winner!

Maybe forcing a design on the Accord platform is the root of the problem.

You may be misinformed. The new NSX will stand on its own platform as I do not see many other cars from Honda having a mid mounted traverse V6. Journalist over-generalizing statements may be the root of this issue.

Maybe if someone could post a pic of NSX 2.0 next to a Camaro? Hopefully, NSX 2.0 won't be anywhere near the size of that fat pig.

I will however say that I like the HSC front end slightly better than the new concept's front end. It looks closer to the original's shape, but you can still tell BOTH are derived from the original NSX. The Rx8-like B pillar destroyed the side profile for the HSC, but the interior did not look too bad.

If they could integrate the HSC front end and balance out of the length of the rear end like I have been purported for so long now, then I think there would be a definite winner!

Agreed! Maybe if we wish it enough it will happen. It would look so badass with the additional width they are doing with the new car. Now that's something I could get excited about!!!

I have to be honest. I don't see any resemblance to the camaro

Camaro? Yeah, a blocky, retro-styled FR Camaro looks EXACTLY the same as a sleek, futuristic-looking mid-engined NSX that's about 2 FEET shorter and literally like 9" lower. I really don't know what some of you are on sometimes.

Ymmv

This is so subjective. I did not care that much for the HSC and prefer the new NSX to it, but I like the original NSX design more than either.

I like both designs for both the NSX 2.0 and the HSC but I would just rather the HSC to be the next NSX because it brings out a lil bit of the NSX 1.0

I don't really see the NSX 2.0 looking like an R8 or the camaro. We need a picture of all 3 cars being side by side.

Last edited:
I'll be glad--if I don't yet have my NA1 or NA2--if when the 2.0 comes out it drives the price of the originals down a little bit.

There really is nothing that I like about the HSC, or the 2.0 in terms of styling or even concept.

I won't knock the hybrid thing just yet, but I don't really see myself wanting a car that I can't wrench on myself without being a journeyman electrician.

I guess for me, the way that owners are being forced more and more to take their car back to the dealer/manufacturer for even just regular maintenence is really annoying. Cars are so touchy and gimmicky now-a-days that it takes all the fun out of driving (to me, it's much more fun to drive a car that I have built--or at least planned out and chose the aftermarket add-ons) than to just drive something that can only function properly in the same condition as it was built. It feels like I'm just borrowing the car, rather than that I own it.

Circled area was in my opinion, not ready for business. It looked more like an early concept. Plus it has the NSX like front bumper mount and has a 1980's look to it, no modern car super car is like that. The door panel is extremely boring, as if Honda couldn't figure out if they want to make this car angular or round.

Attachments

• 5d8358439578b85ee4cb192dde365c8a.jpg
    5d8358439578b85ee4cb192dde365c8a.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 113
Circled area was in my opinion, not ready for business. It looked more like an early concept. Plus it has the NSX like front bumper mount and has a 1980's look to it, no modern car super car is like that. The door panel is extremely boring, as if Honda couldn't figure out if they want to make this car angular or round.

So basically, the headlights, hood, and front windshield look good; the rest is crap? I agree 100%.:smile:

Nothing that they have come up with looks good enough to succeed the original. It's like they got it perfect on the first try. If anything, I would have gone for a "freshened up" version of the current car, with every single design element referencing the original. Look at the 911... they haven't changed that thing for 50 years. The Corvette has had a pretty logical progression since the 60s...

Some designs just can't be improved upon (only updated, it would seem). The F360 and 575, for example, are the best looking Ferrari's out there. I only wish they hadn't changed the designs so much in succeeding models.

All I can say is: thank goodness for SOS.

Back