• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXcapades 2014 Dec.6-7

Wei Shen; Sorry, but I'm not going to be able to attend. My wife started having some unusual feelings on her left side after going up our stairs. After some tests she's been scheduled for bypass surgery next Tuesday. Anyway, we won't be in Florida until late December at the earliest.
So if I don't see you, and the rest of the FL gang this winter, maybe next October in Palm Springs. Howard

Howard: It was a pleasure to meet you at NSXPO this year. You are a credit to what makes Primers so great. Hope your wife has a successful surgery and comfortable recovery.

Wei-Shen,
$25 just paid. Will attend golf, dinner, lunch and car show.
David Anderson

Last edited:

And Wei-Shen wrote:

Yes, I am aware. Working on a group rate with event director Joe Ippolito. The deal you found is really good....and may be even cheaper than what he can offer. Let's wait and see......

Irvin, when I follow the link I see the deal description but I don't see a way to purchase two tickets.

Is there any more news about a group deal? Is there anything I can do to help?

SO looking forward to this event!

Last edited:
.....Irvin, when I follow the link I see the deal description but I don't see a way to purchase two tickets........

Click "Book" in blue box. I haven't bought tickets yet- waiting for Wei-Shen- may be a better deal for a larger group?

Click "Book" in blue box. I haven't bought tickets yet- waiting for Wei-Shen- may be a better deal for a larger group?

Thanks. Oh, I see it now. It flashes when the page loads then (switches to compatibility mode?) disappears. I'm on a work computer that is on IE8. I'll try it at home tonight on IE10. I figured something was up since the page renders poorly, things don't line up well.

Maybe a good thing to wait a bit and see what the group deal might offer. And thanks to Wei-Shen for working on that, as if he has nothing better to do between reading X-rays and saving people's lives. (Please let us know if there is anything you can offload to some of the rest of us, Wei-Shen.)

Ok, I have heard nothing from Ipollito despite two emails and a voicemail.

Let's do this. Doug/Irvin, you guys are in charge of obtaining group tickets for the Festival of Speed and maintaining the participant list, collecting $. Set a cutoff date for the group. Anyone after that date buys at the "door" at the full retail price. The discount is significant. Paypal works great.

Thanks!

Ok, I have heard nothing from Ipollito despite two emails and a voicemail.

Let's do this. Doug/Irvin, you guys are in charge of obtaining group tickets for the Festival of Speed and maintaining the participant list, collecting $. Set a cutoff date for the group. Anyone after that date buys at the "door" at the full retail price. The discount is significant. Paypal works great.

Thanks!

You got it, Wei-Shen. I will coordinate with Irv.

Irv, PM on its way.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE AS OF AROUND 3pm NOVEMBER 14: Wei-Shen heard from Festival of Speed, so we don't need to purchase tickets from anywhere else but the Festival's website, so you can ignore what I had previously posted about Irv and me buying tickets via the discount site.

So, send me your Festival ticket requirements and I will purchase on your behalf from the Festival. It's $10 per ticket. My PayPal is [email protected].

Cutoff date for responding to me including payment, is noon Monday December 1. I will purchase the tickets immediately thereafter and communicate to the festival and Wei-Shen a car count so we might be able to arrange parking together.

These price above is for General Admission tickets. If you want to attend any of the other Festival's special events, such as the jetport reception or the wine connoisseurs dinner, you are on your own, feel free to purchase your tickets directly. But then you might miss out on some of the NSX fun. :eek:

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Last edited:
Keeping this top of mind. Come on everyone. Too bad I don't get to beat ole this year in golf though.

You got it, Wei-Shen. I will coordinate with Irv.

Irv, PM on its way.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE AS OF AROUND 3pm NOVEMBER 14: Wei-Shen heard from Festival of Speed, so we don't need to purchase tickets from anywhere else but the Festival's website, so you can ignore what I had previously posted about Irv and me buying tickets via the discount site.

So, send me your Festival ticket requirements and I will purchase on your behalf from the Festival. It's $10 per ticket. My PayPal is [email protected].

Cutoff date for responding to me including payment, is noon Monday December 1. I will purchase the tickets immediately thereafter and communicate to the festival and Wei-Shen a car count so we might be able to arrange parking together.

These price above is for General Admission tickets. If you want to attend any of the other Festival's special events, such as the jetport reception or the wine connoisseurs dinner, you are on your own, feel free to purchase your tickets directly. But then you might miss out on some of the NSX fun. :eek:

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

UPDATE AS OF 11/20/14 noon:

I have heard only from a few of you. Jordan responded that he was not sure which day he would be attending, so I have only one confirmed request and payment for the discounted tickets that I will purchase on the group's behalf, that being from DocL. Irv purchased his own tickets from the discounted website (not the Festival site).

You all are welcome to purchase your own tickets, either using the site Irv recommended, or if you PM me I can provide you the discount code to enter on the Festival's site for $10/ticket price. Of course offer still stands for you to PayPal me and I'll purchase them. We would just have to make arrangements that weekend to get you the tickets.

However, either way, please let me know whether you are attending the Festival of Speed so we have an accurate car count to request a space for parking together. If you guys could also let me know by December 1 at noon, we can then request space. Thanks, guys.

Keeping this top of mind. Come on everyone. Too bad I don't get to beat ole this year in golf though.

Uh huh... I can stay over Monday and play if you're really game.

CATERING UPDATE.

This year, we will have excellent food from Four Rivers Smokehouse delivered right to our humble home. They will provide a person to cater the event. We have tables set up in our "music room" overlooking the lake with a bunch of Christmas lights for everyone to enjoy. If you haven't had their barbecue, it is one of the best in all of Central Florida.
There is hard deadline for RSVP/payment of midnight on Sunday Nov.30th. We have to give Four Rivers a headcount when they open on Monday late morning.
Let's all gather for some Holiday cheer....and car talk too!
And yes, Ole, I would be open to golf on Monday!

Lynn and Wei-Shen

Hello all,
Nabil and I are gauging interest to see if anyone would like to shoot at Gander Mountain instead of playing "dam it" (golf).

Back