• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXcapades 2014 Dec.6-7

Here is status of tickets for the Festival of Speed as of 10am November 30.
Purchased Tickets through me:
Rob DocL - 1 ticket - 1 car
Doug dquarasr2 (me) - 2 tickets - 1 car
Ole Flabuf - 2 tickets - 1 car
Purchased tickets on their own:
Irv - IRVINFLA - 1 car
Greg - GeeNSX - 1 car
Hugh - Hugh and Pom Eddie - 1 car

You can have me purchase your tickets on your behalf by sending $10.70 per person to my Paypal account [email protected]. The way it works is that the Festival site will send me a link to an eticket, and I will then forward you a pdf to the email address I receive from Paypal. Then you can print your tickets yourself.

Please note that if you PM me I can provide you the discount code from the site and you can purchase tickets on your own directly from the Festival site.
http://www.festivalsofspeed.com/js_events/ritz-carlton-orlando-grande-lakes

Per Wei-Shen's original post where he has updated the list of attendees, there are others that have expressed an interest in attending the Festival, so I assume those have purchased tickets on their own and have communicated their intent to Wei-Shen. Either way, we need to know for sure so we have an accurate car count to provide the Festival so we can arrange parking together.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Last edited:
Jose Alegre and guest attending
Vince and Deb Howard attending

I've selected our lunch location on Sunday
Friday's International Drive next to Sea World.
Very close to Ritz Carlton, new restaurant, good parking

I have also added addresses of all meeting locations (Ocoee Starbucks).

How long does it take to walk through festival of speed? Ours took maybe an hour.

Here is status of tickets for the Festival of Speed as of 8pm December 1. Cutoff to purchase tickets through me was noon today. Wei-Shen, can we now provide the Festival an accurate car count for parking? I assume you may have separate confirmations of attendees and cars, to which I may not be privvy.

Purchased Tickets through me:
Rob DocL - 1 ticket - 1 car
Doug dquarasr2 (me) - 2 tickets - 1 car
Ole Flabuf - 2 tickets - 1 car
Jordan - 2 tickets - 1 car
Andre - Boca Rat - 2 tickets - 1 car

Purchased tickets on their own:
Irv - IRVINFLA - 1 car
Greg - GeeNSX - 1 car
Hugh - Hugh and Pom Eddie - 1 car
NetViper - 1 car
Wei-Shen - 1 car
Christine P - 1 car
David Anderson - 1 car
Dave Fogel - 1 car*
Jose Alegre HondaPower00 - 1 car

* I am not sure if Dave is already listed with his Prime name; please let me know.
So it looks as though we will have 14 cars to park at the Festival.

Last edited:
OK. I got the tickets for me and David Anderson. So two cars for parking. Thanks,

Looking forward to this weekend!

David Anderson

Hey, Hugh, are you going to question Anderson's choice of avatar? :biggrin:

Hey, Hugh, are you going to question Anderson's choice of avatar? :biggrin:

The 917 in Martini Racing livery was a beloved classic before the NSX was even born - so it's not really cheating. That's what I tell myself.

Last edited:
A have a surprise guest coming to our Saturday evening dinner.
NSXers, say hello to Shea Holbrook. Don't know who she is? Google.....

She did her very first track event with Chin Motorsports as a novice driver 6 years ago....and look at her now. She lives around the corner and will be joining us Saturday evening. Her team is doing crowd funding for her move into jet drag racing and I'm hoping we can raise some $$ for her.

I'm sure she will have great stories to share!

Update as of Thursday, December 4, just after 10am on parking at the Festival.

I reached out to the Festival organizers. They handle only show entrants’ cars, not spectator vehicles, and referred me to the hotel. I called the Ritz and spoke to the people in charge of parking.

There is no arrangement they can make for Self Parking. The gentleman I spoke with said it is first-come, first-served, and based on last year's experience, is a challenge. They had over 2,000 cars to put somewhere, so they put them anywhere they could. Arriving in a group might help keep us together somewhat, but we might be on our own. They will do the best they can but there are absolutely no guarantees.

There are LIMITED “up front” spots in the VIP Valet area available for $50 per car. I personally am not interested in pursuing this option, but if there are any of you that would like to avail yourself of this opportunity, please contact the Ritz; ask for Brian, manager of Valet/Self Parking.

I would imagine that we will all arrive pretty well together from lunch, no?

I would imagine that we will all arrive pretty well together from lunch, no?

Yes, as I understand it, that is the plan, go from lunch over to the Festival.

Wei-Shen, with his boundless energy, patience, and drive, who can do more before 9am than I can do all day :biggrin:, was going to see if he could do anything further with his contacts, but for now situation is as I described it above.

There are LIMITED “up front” spots in the VIP Valet area available for $50 per car. I personally am not interested in pursuing this option, but if there are any of you that would like to avail yourself of this opportunity, please contact the Ritz; ask for Brian, manager of Valet/Self Parking.

I'll "see" your VIP $50.00 parking and raise you to one of these............ It *almost* makes my chronic sciatica bearable. :)

handicapplacard.jpg

ATTENTION ALL NSXers.
MAJOR CHANGE IN SCHEDULE ON SUNDAY.

I called the Ritz Carlton to attempt to arrange group parking for us. Not only is it self parking wherever there is a space, but the cost to self park is $20, valet is $25 and VIP valet is $50. Wow.
So I made an arrangement with the Ritz Carlton Golf Club Fairways Restaurant (located on property next to JW Marriott on the southwest corner) to host our group lunch AND provide free parking.
We willl end our Sunday morning drive at 11am THERE.
The cost is $30 for sandwhiches or salad, non alcoholic drinks, AND preferred parking in front of the clubhouse.
If you want to order more substantial stuff and alcohol, it's on your own dime.
I have prepaid for 17 people and 14 cars ($510) on my credit card.
Please reimburse me with check, $$, or Paypal to [email protected] (use gift option to avoid Paypal fee).
If the lot in front of the clubhouse is full, we've been instructed to park along the road in front of the tennis courts (which will also work well).
This is clearly the best value and the only way we will be parked together.

Thank you very much Wei-Shen for you always awesome ability to make dreams come true. I'll give you cash wheni see you Sat night.

Back