• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 06, Who's going?

Just curious, and I know it early but I was wondering whose going?

1. ME:biggrin:
2. Hugh
3. The Mermaid
4. Armando
5. jmp
6. pbassjo
7. FeetFxr
8. Nsxtasy
9. Jorligan
10. Jeff A
11. MLmotorsport
12. TampaBayNSXR
13. coolnsx
14. 92NSX
15. nsxjapan
16. 2-Saw
17. ZNSX17

Last edited:
I have never been to one, but if it fits into my schedule I shall certainly try. Can you tell me where it is going to be located? I was checking out the pics on the front page from the 04 event in Wakins Glen.. Is it there again or always there??

I haven't registered yet but will shortly.
When adding names to list, maybe we could also include if we plan on doing any of the optional things also. Might give others motivation to do other things that way. Just a thought.

I really want to go this year. Never been.

would be towing the NSX down there most likely. Not sure who or if I'll bring anyone. would be nice to have company on the road though. Long drive from Kansas City.

Would be good to have some tips on what to bring, consider, etc.

FeetFxr said:
Even though I have to drive a full 10 minutes to the Hotel, I guess you can count me in. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Rub it in Asshole.:biggrin: Just make sure you bring your wife in her "yard work clothes" we have all seen her in here (the outfit in the Avatar will be fine for the formal dinners):wink: :tongue: :biggrin:

squid2004 said:
Would be good to have some tips on what to bring, consider, etc.

Here's an excerpt from last year's NSXPO 2005 social registration packet that was mailed to all attendees after they signed up. It might help you with some items that typically are brought by attendees. Bottom line is that the most important thing to bring is yourself. Just about everything else can be bought/borrowed if necessary, so as long as you show up you'll have a blast.

This is a list of items that you may consider bringing with you to NSXPO 2005:
- This Informational Packet
- NSXPO Drivers’ School participants will find requirements & suggestions in an additional Drivers’ School Packet

Clothing
- Appropriate attire for all activities at NSXPO 2005 will range from “casual” to “dressy casual” or “business casual”. Items such as sport jackets, ties, and evening dresses will not be necessary.
- October weather in the Greater Phoenix area is pleasant. Normal daily high temperatures are in the upper eighties, and lows in the upper fifties at night. Rain is a possibility, but not a probability. In any case, the event will take place rain or shine.

Suggested Items for Those Driving to NSXPO
- Maps / Road Atlas
- CD’s / Cassettes
- Two-Way Radio With Charger and Extra Batteries (do not forget to recharge before leaving). See next section for details on two-way radios
- Radar Detector
- Tire Gauge
- Service Manual
- Spare Brake Pads
- Car Washing Supplies
- Window Cleaner and Paper Towels

Other Items
- Sunglasses and Sunscreen
- Jacket
- Cap or Other Head Covering
- Camera, Digital Camera, Camcorder
- Film, Blank Cassettes, Memory Sticks, etc. (a lot) (a whole lot)

We REALLY hope to go, but right now we're a bit short of:

1) days off from work
2) time - with a couple of new business projects even if we are granted the days off we still might not be able to break away from those
3) money - we're in the process of buying a new house shortly

HOPEFULLY we'll be there, but if not be sure that everyone takes a ton of pics of EVERYTHING and post them here (or email them to us if they're not Prime appropriate:tongue: )

Understudy said:
We REALLY hope to go, but right now we're a bit short of:

1) days off from work
2) time - with a couple of new business projects even if we are granted the days off we still might not be able to break away from those
Fly in Thursday night, back Sunday night...

MiamiMermaid said:
1. The Kid
2. Hugh
3. The Mermaid
4. Me but only with the blue car, I want to be in the picture this time. See ya Mike and get ready for FI:biggrin:

nsxtasy said:
Fly in Thursday night, back Sunday night...

That is a possibility. However, with our new business ventures the weekends are part of our workday too, so it's still like taking four days off. All of this new work and the new house is within the last week and a half too, so it's a sudden change at the moment.

We'll see about it....we're very hopeful. :smile: :confused:

So this makes it what? 5 people so far who've responded. Maybe the thought of nsxtasy and I slow dancing at one of the dinner functions is scaring people away. Ken, maybe you and I should get a room? :)

Hugh said:
Maybe the thought of nsxtasy and I slow dancing at one of the dinner functions is scaring people away.
It's enough to scare ME away!

Hugh said:
Ken, maybe you and I should get a room? :)
No.

By the way, in past years, about 60 percent of the registrations have been received within the three days immediately preceding the deadline for the early bird discount (August 26 this year).

I'm still trying to find out if the wife is coming with me or not. Probably will only be able to make it down 1 track day and then come back down for Thursday thru Sunday.

Unfortunately, no can do this year. My dad and I really had a great experience last year but my step-dad's poor health is keeping me chained to S. CA for a while.

You guys have a great time and stay out of trouble. Well... at least don't get caught.

jorligan said:
4. Me but only with the blue car, I want to be in the picture this time. See ya Mike and get ready for FI:biggrin:

Tim,

Its been awhile. 2 years to be exact:eek: Im already FI'd, see the sig:wink: But looking forward to chillin' again

Back