• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2012 Caravan?

NSXPO 2012 in Golden, Colorado. Too early to start planning? Never!

The Dates ARE:

Sept. 13-16 (Thurs-Sun): Social Event
Sept. 17-18 (Mon,Tues): Driver's Education Track Event at High Plains Raceway

Google Maps suggests to take 80 all the way to Cheyenne and then turn right. My preference would be to get on Highway 50 in Sacramento and drive that across the desert and mountains.

DSC35098s.JPG

The Loneliest Road in America is much more inviting than some dumb interstate.

It's 1200 miles, so it's definitely a two day drive. Where to stop is a question -- probably Utah. I'm guessing where 50 crosses I-15 will have a few reasonable overnight accomodations.

Shall I start a list?

1. flaminio (+1)

Last edited:
6 weeks makes a huge difference in denver weather,nsxpo will be fine.I think we can all agree though, snow is a californians Kryptonite.

6 weeks makes a huge difference in denver weather,nsxpo will be fine.I think we can all agree though, snow is a californians Kryptonite.

The largest concentration of NSX owners are from CA.

And no we are not all adverse to snow. Pay a visit to Tahoe and you will see mucho CA plates everywhere.

The largest concentration of NSX owners are from CA.

And no we are not all adverse to snow. Pay a visit to Tahoe and you will see mucho CA plates everywhere.

awsome,then we look forward to a large west coast contingent.:smile:

Hey is the SF Bay Area caravan only 1 car :confused:
I don't see a list

Since half of Tahoe is in California, this is unsurprising.

Will you be joining me, or will your car still be in the shop :biggrin:?

Let me head up the "wuss" column...
Past experience has told me that 1,200 miles there and 1,200 miles back plus three days of xpo, plus two days of track mean insufficient tires. If I can find an enclosed transporter to share my car will go, but otherwise it's United and one of Mr. Hertz' loaners.

Very simple -- have Tirerack send a new set to a local shop in Colorado, and do a tire change while you're there. Problem solved!

:biggrin:

Let me head up the "wuss" column...
Past experience has told me that 1,200 miles there and 1,200 miles back plus three days of xpo, plus two days of track mean insufficient tires. If I can find an enclosed transporter to share my car will go, but otherwise it's United and one of Mr. Hertz' loaners.

a set of new star specs would handle all that and more:smile:

No one else appeared to be going anyway, and now I'm out. I had a fairly serious bicycle accident, and even if that is healed up by NSXPO, my PTO and money will be run out. So, no Colorado trip for me :frown:

Hopefully some Californians will man up and make the drive! Looking forward to the pics and stories.

I'm still up in the air about attending. I bought my car back in April and drove it from Tampa,FL to Lawrence,KS then to Denver (my family lives in the Littleton area) and then to Sacramento. I tallied 4,000 total driving miles between Tampa and Sacramento. I may total another 4,000 if I make the trip again :biggrin:

Had to buy tires in a quick pinch last week and went with Kuhmo LE Sports. I hear they don't like rain very much :wink:

Back