• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO "official" smack talk

Because I know that no one in the Northeast suffers from inflated egos (as Dizzy Dean once said, "if you can do it, it ain't bragging"), I have to post the smack talk on their behalf: Peter Mills and DocJohn. Watch out also for the stock silver being piloted by Greg Markarian as well. Don't forget to wave at them after you point them by.

Last edited:
I guess somebody has to raise up RSO

Since Bob saw fit to extoll the expertise of two of our "in house track instructors" I have to admit, while I've never had a ride with Bob, I know that he's an astute learner, and been attending many events as of late, so watch out in your rear view for our "In House Counsel" with the lead foot, he could be looking at passing you too!!!

Bob, the only time I'll ever point them by is on the warm up or cool down lap. :p They better watch their mirror as I'm impatient with slow point bys ;)

Oya, I'll even take my rear view mirror off, as what behind me doesn't concern me :D

How bout setting some time trial like NSXPO two years ago in Tx? Too bad I missed that one. Won't miss this one though :)

Andrie Hartanto said:
This way we can show those in the east how we get it done here in the west :D
Yes, you can decide which region only gets passed by guys from the Midwest. :p

Assuming Bryan's car gets done before then...

Bring it! I would'nt mind a time trial, but after all the controversy of the Tx trial I doubt it will happen officialy,plus the glen is tighter on policy than msr.That said guys there's always the hot lap timers and I'll have mine.:D

Ok, who is Bryan and what kind of power plant is he going to have?

I'm not worry, maybe this time SoS car is better sorted and I can show how that car can roll on those mega HP cars without any Forced Induction :D

Oh, and Ken, this time you will have your own car to drive?

Andrie Hartanto said:

1) I didn't know Bryan was going???

2) Bryan doesn't need a "powerplant" to whoop anyone

3) The builder who is doing Bryan's car built a NA NSX a few years back for Mike Bergman that ran 2:29 @ Road America. Bryan's car will be a few steps above and beyond that car, and Bryan's skill is top notch as well.

I heard a "rumor" yesterday in fact that the car will be sub 2,400 lbs :eek:

Unfortunately, a few of the very fastest cars/drivers at past NSXPOs won't be there, such as John (from California/Ohio), and Bruce (from Colorado). A few others will. Don't forget about that doctor coming from Florida.

OK, you all got me curious as who is this Bryan guy. Hope all the hype is well worth it, or I will be mightily dissapointed.

As far as the car I will be driving, is a NA 3.0L targa. Barely crack 290 WHP, and weigh at astonishing 3100 lbs. Still will whoop some ass :p

If Science Of Speed let me flog their car again, it will be whooping any mega HP car ;)

Or maybe I should bring my lowly civic and whoop all the NSXs :D
normal_08-27-04%20018.jpg

Last edited:
Andrie Hartanto said:
Bryan was my first instructor, and a pretty good driver.
One of the quicker guys in these parts IMO, car-independent.

Car is AFAIK an SCCA GT2 legal racecar... not so much "motor" (3.0L/5-speed with pretty basic stage-one "street" mods: short gears, 4.23 R&P and headers/RM intake/Taitec exhaust). The key is in suspension setup, brakes and pretty significant weight reduction... rumor has it an MDX can easily tow it (!).

The REAL key, as pointed out -- is IF it gets done/ready in time :D
As I'm sure Andrie knows, key to a good "race" setup is getting enough seat time in to dial it in properly...

I seem to remember a certain senior member from the Northeast taking out a certain left coaster who huffed and puffed but could not pass a yankee on his own coast.

2528178-L.jpg

RSO 34 said:
I seem to remember a certain senior member from the Northeast taking out a certain left coaster who huffed and puffed but could not pass a yankee on his own coast.

I didn't recall having any problem passing anyone at Sears when the car was running right. The car had problem on the afternoon of the second day with VTEC went out after 2 laps. Oil delivery problem, We ended up with spun rod bearing that day. :( Without VTEC the car only puffing less than 200 HP!

So, Bryan is the yellow car heh. I thought it looked pretty fast, but I timed it, it wasn't even close to Kip Olson's time ;)

Kip said he can not come, but maybe Aaron C who now reside in the left coast can join us in the frey :D

We plan to come with the bang!

Andrie Hartanto said:
I didn't recall having any problem passing anyone at Sears when the car was running right. The car had problem on the afternoon of the second day with VTEC went out after 2 laps.

So many excuses, so many untruths. I took that photo on the morning of the second day as you struggled unsuccessfully to keep up with Peter. What's the next excuse, in that session you forgot to release the parking brake?

Last edited:
Wow, Bob, I really don't recall. I was giving rides all day too, and very rarely I give someone a ride for a full session. Usually I give someone a couple of laps, come in the pit to change with other. Maybe I'm on cool down? Too bad we didn't have timing or this wouldn't be an issue at all.

Don't worry, I have a book of excuses if I don't end up to be the king of the hill at WGI ;)

Andrie Hartanto said:
Don't worry, I have a book of excuses if I don't end up to be the king of the hill at WGI ;)

Since my brother is the photographer for the event this year, please make sure you let him know which "hill" you are going to be the king of because otherwise he is only going to take photos on the actual track.

Back