• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NYC primers

Re: NYC primers gathering

Is 10AM too early for anyone? Also please keep in mind that it usually get crowded by 11AM in most chinese restaurant.

I think this place has everything. I know for sure it has buffet for dinner, and hot pot.

Recapping....

Date: This Sunday
Time: ??? 10AM ???
Place: East Manor 79-19 Albion Ave Elmhurst, NY 11373

Primers:
kong = in
passline= in
dynamic = in
8600 = in
na1 = in
pilot = in
tytus = expressed interest, in??
nsxot1c = same as tytus, in??

I'll be in the parking area @ 9:45 listening to some old Jacko tunes on the iPod. I'm hungry already!
Rich

new to the site hello to all!!! im the person you guys are looking for i will look after the cars while u guys brunch i wouldn't mind admiring the cars for free lmao... just a young kid intrested in owning a nsx in the near future

new to the site hello to all!!! im the person you guys are looking for i will look after the cars while u guys brunch i wouldn't mind admiring the cars for free lmao... just a young kid intrested in owning a nsx in the near future

Hey Luis
I don't know if you can copy someone's avatar? Did you check the rules? As far as watching the cars, Thanx for the offer, but the whole lot of us would have to agree unanimously. Keep an eye out.. we let you know.

Maybe we will use Clay?

Sorry. I only knew about Flushing. Not familiar with the area but sounds great.
Meet,park,eat all in one location.......hmmm not bad!

Is this place dim sum, dinner serve or buffet? Hot pot?

Any good???

If So .........PUT ME DOWN!

Its a full buffet with a BBQ area I think also and also Dim Sum ... I think you will be quite impressed:biggrin:

They have valet parking there but for a small tip im sure we can park and lock our own cars and wont have to worry

are you guys planing on doing anything after dim sum? cause i dont kno if ill be awake that early on a sunday :biggrin:

are you guys planing on doing anything after dim sum? cause i dont kno if ill be awake that early on a sunday :biggrin:

Posting at 1:11am? You should really go to bed earlier on a weekday...:biggrin:LOL

Last edited:
I have prior engagement from 11-1 on Sunday so I can come out either before at 10 for an hour or after 1 to meet.

Na1 NYC and I are already planning to meet on Saturday morning (10am) in Flushing if anyone is interested in coming out twice with your amazing machines this weekend.

Last edited:

Last I heard, this is a car club, so I would assume there will be a drive in there somewhere? Deep, throaty exhaust notes do sound much nicer than screaming kids in a Sunday brunch. DGMW ........ it is great to do both!

Pilot seems to know the area well and has a "plan." I'm fine with 10am but only good 'til around 2-2:30.
Rich

They have valet parking there but for a small tip im sure we can park and lock our own cars and wont have to worry
Knowing now that they have valet, let's go with the park/lock/tip concept and leave the watching to the guy with the hidden earpiece and smallarms.

Besides,we can always run a BC on Luis for a later date. (always rather help the younger prospective NSX owner, providing he checks out!)

Kingkong, where are you meeting up w Na1 in flushing? I will meet up with you guys on saturday too.

I have prior engagement from 11-1 on Sunday so I can come out either before at 10 for an hour or after 1 to meet.

Na1 NYC and I are already planning to meet on Saturday morning (10am) in Flushing if anyone is interested in coming out twice with your amazing machines this weekend.

if 10am is not good for all, Will 2pm be better? we can do late lunch and less crowded too. Less chance of our cars getting ding in the lot haha.

Is 10AM too early for anyone? Also please keep in mind that it usually get crowded by 11AM in most chinese restaurant.

I think this place has everything. I know for sure it has buffet for dinner, and hot pot.

Recapping....

Date: This Sunday
Time: ??? 10AM ???
Place: East Manor 79-19 Albion Ave Elmhurst, NY 11373

Primers:
kong = in
passline= in
dynamic = in
8600 = in
na1 = in
pilot = in
tytus = expressed interest, in??
nsxot1c = same as tytus, in??

Hopefully you guys dont mind if i come out and hang out with some real enthusiasts. If its okk with everyone attending, if not it's fine also

if 10am is not good for all, Will 2pm be better? we can do late lunch and less crowded too. Less chance of our cars getting ding in the lot haha.
Only the 2 end cars get the ding and only on 1 door each. First ones there get to park in the middle flanked by the other X's, so arrive early. My doors are welded shut do to high speeds, so u need not worry where I park! haha

Hopefully you guys dont mind if i come out and hang out with some real enthusiasts. If its okk with everyone attending, if not it's fine also
Luis
How did u buy a car so fast? Nice pic. I stand corrected on the avatar thing. The do give u a default engine. I learned something new. I thought 8600 owned it.
Anyway, sorry, it is better this way if we are all on the same thread to avoid confusion when doing this on a handheld device. I have no problem with the enjoyment of seeing these great cars in one location. The others may let you know also.
BTW-I may change my avatar if Clay finds a girlfriend. He's got his eye on this cute black/rust Dachshund at the dog park.
Rich

I may have to eat and run but what ever time you guys are meeting let me know where and when and we can drive to elmhurst or where ever.

I hope everyone has access to the web on the run

Just spoke with simon and he is running late as I am also so we will be there at about 11am

Fast approaching the century post on this thread, therefore couldn't resist:
"How was Flushing meet today?" Did rain hold off?
BTW-Have we decided on 10 or 2 tomorrow over in the Elm?

met up with pilot, kingkong and na1 today. unfortunately for me I had am emergency at work and had to leave.

Let's finalize the sunday meet time for East manor.
10am or earlier? 2pm?

Guys, let's stick with 10AM.

The meet today was great!! When I was dropping off my car for inspection, the police came decided to found out why Na1 and Pilot is not carrying front plates. No tickets were issued :).

We had dim sum and took my NSXs to Na1's machanic and swapped the exhausts. I am very happy with the comptech installed on my red x. while the car was on the lift, I found out that my new X had headers done (Bonus!!). We spent a couple of hours at the shop and had a great time.

Looking forward to see you all tomorrow at 10.

Last edited:
Back