• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Firearms Thread

KelTec has some good models and some bad ones. I've owned a P11, SU16, and still have a Sub2000, all on the good side. My PF9 is sitting in a box somewhere, broken. I don't think it's worth the cost of shipping it back to the factory, so I replaced it with a Ruger LC9, pretty much the same gun except it works.

Haven't tried the shotgun, though. I have a Saiga-12, so there's not much point to getting a pump for me.

Almost forgot, the PMR-30 had reported problems with the chamber part of the barrel exploding. Check out thektog.org for more.

Last edited:
Hasdrubal! Long time!

One thing I'll say about the Saiga is this: in some cases, there may be a tactical advantage to a tube-feeder over a mag-fed shotgun: and that is that you can simply carry more ammo (in pockets/pouches etc), whereas with a mag-fed gun, you can only use as much ammo as you have mags that you can carry. It also allows for an ammo change (insert a slug between shots, if necessary) in "critical" situations. Just some food for thought.... :/

I just read last night about the FN57 handgun which shoots some really exotic rounds that can go over 2000fps in a handgun!!!!!

It's designed to penetrate a kevlar vest and hold 20 rounds.

30 rds with the extended mag. Full polymer so it is super light. Big footprint though. The FiveSeven and the PS/ P90 make nice stablemates. Ammo is on its way down it appears.

Last edited:
Got a line on a 45 ACP Uzi for sale. Never even heard about Uzis in 45 ACP so I'm intrigued.

Maybe rebarrelled?

Got a line on a 45 ACP Uzi for sale. Never even heard about Uzis in 45 ACP so I'm intrigued.

Maybe rebarrelled?

GTMF for God's sake. Is it an NFA full auto?

Here's a starting point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzi

- - - Updated - - -

30 rds with the extended mag. Full polymer so it is super light. Big footprint though. The FiveSeven and the PS/ P90 make nice stablemates. Ammo is on its way down it appears.

My FN FiveSeveN with Viridian X5L laser/light combo, loaded with Elite Ammunition T6 rounds is my standard movie theater CCW. God help a James Holmes wanna be who disturbs my movie! :)

I'm thinking of going the SBR route with my PS90. I have just the silencer for it too.

Last edited:
Naaman, yeah, been a while. Have a family now and as close to no spare time as you can get. You still down at Ft Lewis?

Back on topic, I took my department's shotgun class recently and qualified on the 870, so the slug select issue has been in the back of my mind. I think the only way I can get it quick enough with the Saiga is to use a magwell and couple two mags together. I see what you're saying with the ability to carry ammo, but realistically, when do you expect to have large amounts of loose ammo on your person? If I carry two 8rd mags on the gun, I have 8 buck and 8 slug, which could be fired and loaded faster than a pump gun. If I have a plate carrier on, I can carry two spare 8rd mags, and I don't know anyone who carries more than 32 shotgun shells outside of competition. I don't even know anyone who carries 16rds on the gun.

And to add something new, PWS Mk216, my patrol rifle for the last year. Piston driven AR-10, completely reliable and ridiculously easy to clean. Gives sub-MOA with 175gr Matchking.

- - - Updated - - -

This may be interesting to some of you, I know I'm going to buy one as soon as they're back in stock...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/05/foghorn/hands-on-with-sig-sauers-pistol-arm-brace/

Specifically declared legal by the ATF and cleared for sale.

Attachments

• IMG_2470.jpg
    IMG_2470.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2471.jpg
    IMG_2471.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 35
Hugh, how are you liking the X5L? Gen1 or Gen2? Any overheating problems from the green laser? What is the longest you have kept the laser on for?

--Conrad

I have the Gen2. Love it. I got a holster from Sunrise Leather custom made for the FiveseveN with the Viridian. (the wait was 12 months)

No issues so far. Longest the laser has been on is prolly about 10 minutes.

Last edited:
There's a Gun Show this weekend here in Houston, TX at the Pasadena Convention Center. Me, my uncle and a friend went there today and check it out. I've been wanting to go to a Gun Show for sometime now to find my lady a piece.Walk around the whole center and found a really nice piece for her and end up getting myself another piece.Hehehe :biggrin:

Gold Cup Colt 45 and a Pocketlite Gold Cup Colt 380.

Colts Gold Cups.jpg

Colt 380.jpg

Colt 45.jpg

Protection.jpg

Last edited:
Rejoice, just got my first large order of PMC 223 that has been sub $0.35cpr since November of last year. I'm selling this stuff as fast as I can now that people are still paying $.57-.60 for it.

I lucked out at Walmart the other day and found 9mm ammo. I havent found ammo at a walmart around me in the better part of a year.

Haha...I haven't found 9mm or 45ACP at Walmart in quite a while. Though I did see plenty of PMags at Academy yesterday @ $18.

They didnt have alot, but I picked up 3 boxes of federal 9mm and they had some Winchester 9mm hp's also. Seems like ammo is slowly coming back. I keep an eye on gunbroker pretty frequently, and it appears people are not paying the insane prices for ammo anymore... I found a 250 round box of Remington 45acp ammo locally a few months back, and paid $103 for it. Those exact same boxes are on gunbroker for upwards of $175-200, but havent sold or had any bidders. Hopefully this trend continues... HEll tehy even had a few AR's at walmart when I was there!

Rejoice, just got my first large order of PMC 223 that has been sub $0.35cpr since November of last year. I'm selling this stuff as fast as I can now that people are still paying $.57-.60 for it.

I take it you're a dealer. By any chance are you a member of any of the buying groups so you can buy Lake City ammo direct from ATK?

I take it you're a dealer. By any chance are you a member of any of the buying groups so you can buy Lake City ammo direct from ATK?

Definitely not a dealer, it was all through TSG last march through some shopping cart loophole that was exposed on ARFCOM. Shocked it worked actually.

Hk45

image.jpg
So I pulled the trigger, figurative on an HK45 tactical in TAN today, tomorrow I'll be literally. It just fits so nice in your hand, I can almost hear the rest of my pistoles bitchin' now.

Love it. My fav pistol despite the trigger. The 45c is great too.

No other handgun feels as intuitive to me. Congrats!

View attachment 104157
So I pulled the trigger, figurative on an HK45 tactical in TAN today, tomorrow I'll be literally. It just fits so nice in your hand, I can almost hear the rest of my pistoles bitchin' now.

Man I really wanted that tan one but didn't want to pay the price so I settled for black.

hk45-ns_zpsbe087ddd.jpg

Shot it on tuesday. It is fantastic :p

I "overpaid" for a P30 5 years ago and I've never enjoyed a handgun so much. Never ceases to get constant great reviews when people shoot it.

Funny you say that, the place I bought from had both for the same price, so it was a no brainier! The Tactical's come in tan & green +threaded barrel. I love tan!!! I learned early, gunbroker is your LAST resort!
Cozmo, what did you think of the recoil, you know there is some kind of reduction device on these now.

Funny you say that, the place I bought from had both for the same price, so it was a no brainier! The Tactical's come in tan & green +threaded barrel. I love tan!!! I learned early, gunbroker is your LAST resort!
Cozmo, what did you think of the recoil, you know there is some kind of reduction device on these now.

The recoil is great. My only complaint is that I handed it to my friend who proceeded to shoot a group half the size of mine. Bastard :p

When I say overpaid I'm poking fun at all of the people that scoff at HK's additional pricetag. I paid $890 in 2009, but I'm pretty sure they're 1000-1100 now.

Back