• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official group buy: Tommy Kaira gurney flap for R spoiler replicas

Ouch!Whatever wing Turbo2Go have is the one that will fit the best.

Turbo2Go-Guys I don't know about Seibon fitment. If its a good replica it should fit fine.

That we were not sure of prior to placing order but we will find out individually.

I'm confident it can be made to fit. Just exploring options.

Last edited:

Turbo2Go-Guys I don't know about Seibon fitment. If its a good replica it should fit fine.

That we were not sure of prior to placing order but we will find out individually.

Try it on Alex's wing and see if it fits. I think all the wings are slightly different. My seibon is curved and goes up an inch or so at the back. Looks pretty close to yours.

Last edited:
Try it on Alex's wing and see if it fits. I think all the wings are slightly different. My seibon is curved and goes up an inch or so at the back. Looks pretty close to yours.
Will do, as soon as he gets back from NSXEXPO.
(awsome idea)

I have the downforce. My fit is MUCH better than that. Almost perfect. I don't think this is a big deal though, the sides need to be shaved so it will fit better. Once the sides are shaved the front will fit much better. I can just paint mine and install with zero body work.

I've been trying to find out the same. I've studied pics of the Seibon vs the DFR wing and there are some differences, how much, I dont know. Let us know once you find out!

B@t

I've been trying to find out the same. I've studied pics of the Seibon vs the DFR wing and there are some differences, how much, I dont know. Let us know once you find out!

B@t

Good news!

As requested by NetViper, I test fitted flap on ARFNSX Downforce wing &
it nearly fit perfect, unlike my fitment.

3m tape alone should be enough for install.
Hope this helps some/most.

flush on back:

side views:

Can you see the car behind you in the rear view mirror after installing this?

Yes. It's not bad at all. I expected much worse but it is barely different than just the R wing.

Good news!

As requested by NetViper, I test fitted flap on ARFNSX Downforce wing &
it nearly fit perfect, unlike my fitment.

3m tape alone should be enough for install.
Hope this helps some/most.

flush on back:

side views:

So this isnt a Seibon wing, correct?

B@t™

Guys 8 wings are ready, 3 more by the 24th, 3 more by the 31st, 3 more by the 7th, last 2 nov 14th (including one carbon). Then they will all ship to me at once.

I was trying to save some shipping costs getting them all here at once and that is how I figured the price. I am not making money on these, FYI. That's why they are so cheap compared to their retail. If some of you really can't wait and want yours shipped now, and are willing to pay an extra shipping charge, I can have yours sent earlier.

pchpleno, I sent you my personal one yesterday. Shipping was $40 through USPS instead of the $110 with fedex.

From TK:
Because you use non original wing. If you use original wing, the flap fit correctly like picture.image1.jpg

From TK:
Because you use non original wing. If you use original wing, the flap fit correctly like picture.View attachment 106484

I already posted this picture. LOL... Because the Downforce is a very accurate replica the flap fits almost perfectly. Original moulding done on a real R wing.

Just picked up my DF wing, can't wait to get this...

I already posted this picture. LOL... Because the Downforce is a very accurate replica the flap fits almost perfectly. Original moulding done on a real R wing.

I was simply posting TK's response.

I also found this post in regards to fitment:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by sicarius82
I currently have Downforce's Version 2 Type-R wing. I previously had the Seibon-R wing.

Seibon-R:
- the Gurney flap portion and LED seemed to be "thicker".
- the clear coat wasn't very appealing.
- the fitment on some of them were a little off (slightly narrower).

If I were to stick with the Seibon-R wing, I would have had the wing clear coated again with a slightly darker tint to make it pop like the ones that procar and DF have.

The reason the Seibon wing is thicker is because it is a knock off of the Taitec wing, which is NOT a NSX-R replica but a look a like. The DF wing is a direct replica of the NSX-R. See if you can find pictures of the DF-R Wing because the tips are extended.

The Spoon NSX-R GT replica uses the Taitec (I wonder if it is still sitting at SCA).

This is the tip. Also look at the CF, gelcoat, and clear coat quality.

gentlemen, the nrg wing its also a direct replica of the R wing with the same airfoil. its what i bought from Dali at a fraction of the df price. your welcome ;)

p.s. the jets or jetz wing is also the same but don't think they are made anymore.

Last edited:
Got my gurney in thank you Dave!

So found out the it fits like absolute crap on a seibon or vis wing. Totally bad fitment. Since I was waiting for the gurney to come in to bring my car to the body shop (some small things to fix on the front) now I can get them to modify the gurney to fit the wing proper

I'll post progress pics soon!

Last edited:
Back