• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

oil leaking on new NSX :( HELP!!!! PICS

Hi Bill,

I believe the tensioner came loose and that is what caused the damage we are seeing. This can only be due to not being torqued properly during the reassembly.

In regard to the cam timing I think it was off when assembled.

Just my thoughts after seeing too many of these to count:).

Either way it is certianly not from something that could have been done from the drivers seat. Even a 10K rpm overrev would have a totally different result, IMO.

Regards,
LarryB

I totally agree with Larry, his answer is short and clear and he knows what he is talking about. An amateur has worked on the car and Knight is paying the bill, this doesn't seem fair to me ! But again, was there any more work done on the car by the previous owner ?

Im sure that Larry is correct in what happened; he would know.

The whole thing is none of my business, but Knight had all the information he needed to know that something was wacky before he bought the car. Im sure Flexer didnt know either. Neither of them correctly interpreted, or were correctly described, the situation.

What is most disturbing is that the Acura tech's didnt catch it either!

I believe that when the Acura tech tells Knight that all is well, and it CLEARLY was not based upon the info collected and they provided, that they should share some degree of accountability for the recent expenses. I think Flexer's off the hook for the condition that the car is in to Knight; Acura giving it a clean bill of health clears him of wrongdoing (aside from the purpetrator of a messy install!).

Im surprised, but because neither of them are techs would expect, that Flexer and Knight didnt realize something was wrong themselves. Just goes to show you how important a GOOD PDI is.

Go after the Acura dealer. You paid them. The collected the correct info. They interpreted it wrong for you and you're out $$$ as a result. You're not expected to be able to interpret these things on your own

I totally agree with Larry, his answer is short and clear and he knows what he is talking about. An amateur has worked on the car and Knight is paying the bill, this doesn't seem fair to me ! But again, was there any more work done on the car by the previous owner ?

Hi Gijs :)

He only owned the car for exactly a year and there were no other maint work besides oil changes.

Zahntech was very detailed while doing the repairs, maintenence/fluid flushes and also installing my bolt ons and he did not find any other issues. She will be worry free driving for a very long time :)

Hi Gijs :)

He only owned the car for exactly a year and there were no other maint work besides oil changes.

Zahntech was very detailed while doing the repairs, maintenence/fluid flushes and also installing my bolt ons and he did not find any other issues. She will be worry free driving for a very long time :)

Glad to hear all is well :smile: :biggrin: What bolt on did you add the car? How does she run with the new additions?

Glad to hear all is well :smile: :biggrin: What bolt on did you add the car? How does she run with the new additions?

I added the DT-X exhaust and Cantrell Header to go with the K&N CAI :) She made the highest NA Dyno #'s out of all the NSX's in their system. :)

Hi Bill,

I believe the tensioner came loose and that is what caused the damage we are seeing. This can only be due to not being torqued properly during the reassembly.

In regard to the cam timing I think it was off when assembled.

Just my thoughts after seeing too many of these to count:).

Either way it is certianly not from something that could have been done from the drivers seat. Even a 10K rpm overrev would have a totally different result, IMO.

Regards,
LarryB

In regard to the tensioner bolt that is sticking out of the TB cover right above the crank pulley, is there suppose to be some kind of seal around it so that water and dust wouldn't get inside of the TB cover?

I noticed mine does not have any rubber seal around it to prevent water or dust getting inside, that is at least viewing from outside.

In regard to the tensioner bolt that is sticking out of the TB cover right above the crank pulley, is there suppose to be some kind of seal around it so that water and dust wouldn't get inside of the TB cover?

I noticed mine does not have any rubber seal around it to prevent water or dust getting inside, that is at least viewing from outside.

yes there is a small seal.

the effect with or with out is minimal.

regards

Rob

90401-634-000 is the ring seal for that bolt:).

Back