• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Opinion on 2 cars please

thsi car has been for sale for almost a year, everytime someone wins the bid he cancels and relists it.

its a joke. the ammount of mods done to the car including but not limited to a state of the art atari joystick.

if someone purchased it they would need another nsx to strip to get teh car back to mint condition. I would stay away from it.

the car in Hawaii if its real and not a scam looks way better than the red monty python can in Tennessee

I because him and his friends are bidding to create fake interest. Nobody in their right mind would pay more then 18-20k for that car re the milage and the cost to bring that back to looking respectable.

Feel bad for that NSx. :(

Thanks guys. I drove the silver one here in Hawaii this past weekend. It was a blast to drive. It does need some work, but my long term goals are to hopefully send it to Lovefab for their latest engine and turbo kit.

My other local option is the blue 2002 I was looking at last year. It's now at a local dealer for 49k. This car is in great condition and doesn't need any work (but I'd still probably do a lovefab turbo kit, just not the engine replacement) if I got this blue one at this link..

http://www.autosourcehawaii.com/inventory/view/5400260

do a car fax on that 2002 LBBP I remember seeing it before.

dont quote me but salvaged or rebuilt title but I may be thinking about a different car. there are not to many LBBP if you know what i mean.

Anyone know this car?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995...6011576?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c665e3738

Also, there's a 1991 here in Hawaii for sale, it needs a ton of work, has 160,000 miles, etc, etc. I think I can get it for around 22,500. What would it take to replace the engine, turbo it, and get it close to a 10 second car and how much. Here's the listing....

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/3117045073.html

Thanks a ton!

It all depends on what you are looking for and budget. On the far right of the scale it a mint, low mileage, stock, well maintained car. On the far left (maybe you) is getting in cheep, thinking you can fix, waste money on mods, looking kewl for the girls, later selling for twice the market price.

In the end you ask for opinions but never state what you really want/looking for......2 cents.

do a car fax on that 2002 LBBP I remember seeing it before.

dont quote me but salvaged or rebuilt title but I may be thinking about a different car. there are not to many LBBP if you know what i mean.

As far as I know this particular LBBP is not a salvage title. I knew the previous two owners. Unless I'm missing something along the way.

It all depends on what you are looking for and budget. On the far right of the scale it a mint, low mileage, stock, well maintained car. On the far left (maybe you) is getting in cheep, thinking you can fix, waste money on mods, looking kewl for the girls, later selling for twice the market price.

In the end you ask for opinions but never state what you really want/looking for......2 cents.

I thought I did state what i wanted in my post above about the 2 different ones here in Hawaii. My goal is to have the car sent to lovefab and let them do their latest engine and turbo kit. For me performance is first, looks are second. I'm trying to find a reasonably starting point, so an 90's car priced closed to 20K would seem a better option. I don't intend to sell the car, the NSX has always been at the top of my dream list. I currently have a 600hp M3 and it's a great car, but it's not an NSX to me.

If you are going to do all these mods, get the silver car.

The 95 red is my old car :(

Here is the old for sale ad:

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93313

It was damn near flawless when I sold it back in 08. I sold it to an older gentleman who said he always wanted one. Within a month I had heard from nsx owners in TN that his son wrecked it. Then a year later this mess of a car was surfacing. I would buy it and part it out if he didn't want 35k for it!

Last edited:
Red Atari car = don't bother IMO

Silver car = much better for your budget and a good mod car. For you needs, I would probably go with this.

Blue car = much bigger budget, but includes some pros and cons. Pros = 3.2 engine & six speed. This does make a bit of a difference, mostly in how the gearing is setup. I seem to get off the line a bit faster than 5spds when I do the red light thing. I also personally like having 6 gears. The other pro/con depending on your view is the t-top. I like having the top off, but I bought my car mostly for cruising and it sounds like you want more raw power - in which case the coupe gives you more stability.

Just my 2 cents, ultimately its your call find the car that is best for you.

I thought I did state what i wanted in my post above about the 2 different ones here in Hawaii. My goal is to have the car sent to lovefab and let them do their latest engine and turbo kit. For me performance is first, looks are second. I'm trying to find a reasonably starting point, so an 90's car priced closed to 20K would seem a better option. I don't intend to sell the car, the NSX has always been at the top of my dream list. I currently have a 600hp M3 and it's a great car, but it's not an NSX to me.

In that case, the silver one would be the better deal. Good luck in your search......

I forgot he lives in hawaii. Forget the others. You need a targa. Itd be a total waste otherwise. Get the blue one.

LOL, this is true, but I have my M3 is a vert now, and I honestly never put the top down. It's my daily driver and it just gets way too dirty. Other other con with a vert (at least with an m3) is the added 300-400 lbs of weight.

I forgot he lives in hawaii. Forget the others. You need a targa. Itd be a total waste otherwise. Get the blue one.

Hahaha. I disagree. The Targa is nice, but living in Hawaii only tourist drive with the top off/down in convertibles. The rest of us locals enjoy the nice cold AC ON full blast. LOL

Personally I think if you are going forced induction might as well stick to an OBD1 car and non DBW car. I know the owner if the Silver 91 and he'll be upfront with you on everything.

Hahaha. I disagree. The Targa is nice, but living in Hawaii only tourist drive with the top off/down in convertibles. The rest of us locals enjoy the nice cold AC ON full blast. LOL

Personally I think if you are going forced induction might as well stick to an OBD1 car and non DBW car. I know the owner if the Silver 91 and he'll be upfront with you on everything.

Chris, do you live Kapahulu side? I've seen a black NSX this side lately. Also, do you know Sean's white '91? It was at Spocom last night. Is it in good condition?

My M3 took first place in its class :)

Chris is right. Get the silver one. :biggrin:

Chris, do you live Kapahulu side? I've seen a black NSX this side lately. Also, do you know Sean's white '91? It was at Spocom last night. Is it in good condition?

My M3 took first place in its class :)

I live out in Kapolei. I'll PM you later.

I drove the silver one here in Hawaii this past weekend. It was a blast to drive. It does need some work...

What kind of work are you talking about? Might be worth it, might not, depending on what it needs. What are the problems?

Back