• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Path To Imola Orange Pearl YR-514P

Ok here is a pic of the leather seats stripped. getting thing done before a truck of parts arrive LOL I love getting NSX parts in.... so fun.

- - - Updated - - -

well cant upload this morning LOL

- - - Updated - - -

starting to think this site has a mind of its own

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 102452

- - - Updated - - -

all done Just kidding, this is our goal, maybe not the rims but exactly like this

View attachment 102453

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 102454

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 102455

Great aspiration, I'm watching with interest

Wow that looks bad ass. the new owner said he wants the Modern look so 02+ lights it is.

Brian got any more pics of the imola, I am going to do a white one after this build but I may do another Imola they are as rare as White ya know

Last edited:
Wow that looks bad ass. the new owner said he wants the Modern look so 02+ lights it is.

Brian got any more pics of the imola, I am going to do a white one after this build but I may do another Imola they are as rare as White ya know

He keeps that car pretty under wraps. I've tried for years to get pics and feature it but he Doesn't like the attention. I will look through some old pics and see what I can find. It is absolutely beautiful. Tons of detail. High boost SC and did 420 at the wheels. HRE's StopTech, custom interior etc. All turned out great.

Awesome work Shawn. I can't wait to see how it all comes out. Though, the 02 + look will be great, it would have been cool to do a 97 Imola Type S replica. I wonder if anyone has done that yet?

+ 10000!

Here is a real 1997 Imola Type S currently for sale at MACS in Japan.

The Type S uses a few unique parts and shares a few parts with NSX-R. The pics help show these.

- "Type S" badge on rear bumper (OEM Type S Part) - AVAILABLE - JDM PART
- Type S Suspension (OEM Type S Part) - DISCONTINUED AND EXTREMELY LIMITED AVAILABILITY - USDM PART AS ZANARDI
- Gunmetal "NSX" Badges on door (OEM Type S Part) - AVAILABLE - USDM PART AS ZANARDI
- Mesh Engine Cover (OEM NSX-R Part) - DISCONTINUED - SOS REPRODUCTION AVAILABLE
- Coolant bottle cover (OEM NSX-R Part) - AVAILABLE - JDM PART
- Intake manifold cover red letters (OEM Type S Part) - AVAILABLE - JDM PART
- Single pane rear glass (OEM Type S Part) - AVAILABLE - USDM PART AS ZANARDI
- Lightweight spoiler (OEM Type S Part) - AVAILABLE - USDM PART AS ZANARDI
- Carbon-kevlar seats [black leather outers with body-color match alcantara inserts] (OEM Type S Part) - AVAILABLE - JDM PART $$$$$$
- Door panel body match alcantara inserts (OEM Type S Part) - AVAILABLE - JDM PART
- Steering wheel (OEM Type S Part) - AVAILABLE - JDM PART
- Shift knob (OEM Type S Part) - AVAILABLE - USDM PART AS ZANARDI

If I were your customer, I would save the $$$ on the 02+ conversion and spend it on these parts to make it a REAL Type S. Also, doesn't the 1997-2001 Imola look a few shades darker than the 2002+? The seats are probably out of the budget, as even thhe DF replicas (if you can get them) are $4,000+. But, you could do black leather outers on the OEM seats with body match suede inserts...

Of course, if her REALLY wanted to go balls out he would do a 6-speed swap and headers at the same time. :D

Trying to say it looks better and yes red looks horrible 02+. Black looks ridiculous good in both pre and after 02. Imola- 02+ ;) . Just screams NSX. Rare, sexy and super aggressive with the R wing.

well i lied, been wanting to do this to my car but never any time.

have always looked at the NSX-R bumper beams front and rear well decided to make some of my own.

front was 19.6 lbs with horns installed my new beam is 5.2 lbs. shaved off 14.4 lbs off the total weight of the car.
rear was 17.8 lbs with foam installed my new beam is 9.6 lbs. shaved off 8.2 lbs off the total weight of the car

total weight loss is 22.6 lbs. hmmmmm I wonder what else I can make while I am waiting for parts.

2013-06-30_11-53-01_520.jpg

Last edited:
Ok the car was in the paint booth this morning for the chassis spray, so the chassis should be done tomorrow morning, I took some pics will upload tomorrow, new leather seats came in today, before I leave tonight I will have the second seat done. its 1AM right now let me tell you I forgot how freaking tim consuming new leather installs are ugggh. 40 minutes on the freaking headrest LOL pain in the ass. anyway I have pics of the one seat done, will post pics of both. the smell of new leather is unreal. wish my NSX had new leather.

double din radio will arrive tomorrow center console is cut for double din now. the CCU, and all gauges got brand new bulbs, TCS, dimmer etc.

I drop off the doors and everything else they need for the " cut in " then re-assemble and then back to paint they said since its this type of pearl the panels need to be on the car
to spray, if they spray them off the car the panels will not match in the sunlight.

stay tuned my few remaining lurkers. more to come. im tired need to finish this last seat to much to do tomorrow LOL so freaking fun.

cant wait!

Ok the car was in the paint booth this morning for the chassis spray, so the chassis should be done tomorrow morning, I took some pics will upload tomorrow, new leather seats came in today, before I leave tonight I will have the second seat done. its 1AM right now let me tell you I forgot how freaking tim consuming new leather installs are ugggh. 40 minutes on the freaking headrest LOL pain in the ass. anyway I have pics of the one seat done, will post pics of both. the smell of new leather is unreal. wish my NSX had new leather.

double din radio will arrive tomorrow center console is cut for double din now. the CCU, and all gauges got brand new bulbs, TCS, dimmer etc.

I drop off the doors and everything else they need for the " cut in " then re-assemble and then back to paint they said since its this type of pearl the panels need to be on the car
to spray, if they spray them off the car the panels will not match in the sunlight.

stay tuned my few remaining lurkers. more to come. im tired need to finish this last seat to much to do tomorrow LOL so freaking fun.

its 2:09 Am now LOL Im finally done with both seats they look freaking amazing. Leatherseats.com is the best. now tomorrow if it doesnt rain I need to let them bake in the sun to shrink the leather a little. but its new leather so it will shrink to where it needs to be.

good night

no pic???!

edit. ur not the only one still working at this time!

its 2:09 Am now LOL Im finally done with both seats they look freaking amazing. Leatherseats.com is the best. now tomorrow if it doesnt rain I need to let them bake in the sun to shrink the leather a little. but its new leather so it will shrink to where it needs to be.

good night

LOL here are some pics got the car back today

2013-07-03_10-04-21_701.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2013-07-03_02-04-48_786.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2013-07-03_10-22-04_103.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2013-07-03_10-04-43_937.jpg

Looks GREAT shawn. Loving the fact that the shop didn't use the same materials they did on the white pearl and sprayed the Imola on all jams, engine bay, etc!!

Very nice!!!!!!

Thanks guys, I work quick when the stars line up correctly LOL I am done putting everything at the front of the car, still waiting on parts,
I WISH SOS offered a choice of shipping, like click here for next day, click here for 2 day, click here for 1 week ground. I would have clicked 2 day ya know.

and then it gets shipped to my billing address vs my shop. so now I have to strap a huge box to the rear of my car and drive it to my shop, if no one steals it from my front door. since I am never home. or if I have to sign for it........ and I am not home I get a little sticker saying I have to drive 20 miles to the nearest UPS store to pick up my stuff after 8pm I mean its a freaking hassle, even if you ASK to ship to another address. maybe they can have a form you digitally sign its OK to ship to another address uggh.. sorry for the rant.

Back