• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pet Peeves

Just had a couple walk into my office and they left the front door wide open. It's cold and damp outside. Close the friggin door behind you!!!!!

Thought this might be a fun thread. Post what peeves you. :tongue:

When people are waiting for their car to be serviced and they let their kids climb in and out of the new cars on the showroom floor. Most of them don't even care and act like they just dropped their kids off at the play area at McDonalds. There are 3 kids doing it right now in an MDX.

Just had a couple walk into my office and they left the front door wide open. It's cold and damp outside. Close the friggin door behind you!!!!!

Thought this might be a fun thread. Post what peeves you. :tongue:

Ha , ha , ha.

That reminds me of a truck repair shop near here. The owner of the shop had installed a HUGE and I mean HUGE electric bell mounted on the wall that was wired to when the door was opened.

It was so freakin' loud that it almost rattled your bones. You learned REAL quick to open the door and close it as soon as possible. He never had a problem with people who left the door open .... lol. :tongue:

My pet peeve - Left lane bandits and the police who don't enforce the rule to keep right except when passing. :mad:

Having to "pump" ketchup at your favorite fast food place. Whatever happened to ketchup paks? :confused:

To add insult to injury they give those tiny little paper cups so you need to fill it several times to get enough ketchup.

I found a way around that . Take a lid for a soda cup ( which is usually next to those stupid little cups ) and use the lid for a more ample container to dip your french fries. Much larger and better for dipping due to the wide size. :wink:

People that seem to go brain dead when they put their hands on a grocery cart at the supermarket. They just amble around the store, bump into things, park their cart next to another parked cart and jam up the place.

Thanks. I feel better now.

Other pet peeves - Ken and Hal.

When you are driving behind someone who constantly taps their brakes for no reason, especially when going uphill.

People that seem to go brain dead when they put their hands on a grocery cart at the supermarket. They just amble around the store, bump into things, park their cart next to another parked cart and jam up the place.

Thanks. I feel better now.

Other pet peeves - Ken and Hal.
you know, ken on the list i can understand, but me...

man, that's cold :biggrin:

Having to "pump" ketchup at your favorite fast food place. Whatever happened to ketchup paks? :confused:

I'd rather pump the ketchup into a larger container than have to open 10 small packs of ketchup.

However, I wish they would put ketchup in containers the same way they do BBQ, Sweet and Sour, etc here in the U.S. In Japan, they actually do - and it was GREAT to use for dipping fries.

Scheduling an appointment for a service (espeically doctors) and having to sit in the waiting room for hour(s) past the appointment time, especially with a sick child :mad:

Having parents with sick children sit in my waiting room for hours after it's obvious I don't want to see them. :wink:

Since your going to jump on this....Neckcrackers that think their time is more important than mine :tongue: (j/k)

Well, I have to be able to read through the nsxprime marketplace section somewhere! Sure as hell can't do it at home with the kids making all that noise. :smile:

Other cars on the road at the same time as me! :mad: :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin:

Scheduling an appointment for a service (espeically doctors) and having to sit in the waiting room for hour(s) past the appointment time, especially with a sick child :mad:

And those same people sitting in the examination room talking on their cell phone when the doctor is trying to see them.

LOL....try sitting in a waiting room for a few hours....after reading outdated magazines and looking at the cast of characters the phone can be your only rescue :wink:

And those same people sitting in the examination room talking on their cell phone when the doctor is trying to see them.

To add insult to injury they give those tiny little paper cups so you need to fill it several times to get enough ketchup.

I found a way around that . Take a lid for a soda cup ( which is usually next to those stupid little cups ) and use the lid for a more ample container to dip your french fries. Much larger and better for dipping due to the wide size. :wink:

Good advice~ I will do that !

Moms that talk to their toddlers really loud as though everyone needs to hear their annoying conversations. Its like...."look at me...I have the smatest kid in the world"

People calling wheels "rims" - because there is a big difference.
yes, they are wheels, drives me crazy

and people who can't merge on the highways
people who don't use turn signals
slow people in the left lane
gigantic heavy wheels on performance cars
you're and your
there their and they're
"should of" or "would of"
"I could care less"

most of my pet peeves have to do with misuse of english and poor driving

Last edited:
People who can't spell valance and use NA1/NA2 to designate body parts.:biggrin:

Men who wear baseball caps in restaurants while eating.

Last edited:
Good advice~ I will do that !

Enjoy your XL size of ketchup.

I was in an Arby's restaurant with my brother when I went to get some ketchup. He got 3 little paper cups of ketchup. I looked over and grabbed a lid for a large soda , flipped it upside down and proceeded to fill it up with a healthy serving of ketchup. My brother says " Hey , you can't do that " I said " Nope , just watch me , dummy "

Then we sat down and I chuckled watching him struggling to dip his fries in those tiny little cups.

Halfway through the meal he says " You are pretty smart " Yep , for sure.

I love beating the system .... :biggrin:

Back