• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pet Peeves

ditto on the "you guys" comment by waiters.

How about when the waiter actually sits at the table with you to take your order?????

People (usually females) who say Oh My God (OMG). Particularly those who intentionally pause a second or two or three between the words.

Last edited:
I hate the fact that you can’t get a hi-flow (or even a regular-flow) shower head anymore. Ever since the green movement, the only thing I can find is a 2.5 gpm restricted shower nozzle. I used to take a complete shower in just a couple of minutes; now it takes 10 minutes and probably twice as much water to do the same job.
I’ve got better things to do besides stand there tapping an anemic shower nozzle against my head trying to wet down my hair. Hang onto your old shower nozzles, dudes. They’re worth their weight in gold (almost, anyway).

I just looked around to see if they had something better online and came across the reason

The Federal Energy Policy Act of 1992 required all faucet and shower fixtures made the USA to have a flow rate of no more than 2.2 GPM at 60 PSI.

Me neither! Probably wont be long before the EPA and customs team up and throw someone in prison for a few years for importing these sorts of things :)

Last edited:
Visions of Jimmy Carter in that effing sweater lecturing to us about energy use just raced through my mind. :mad:

Hey, robr, just checked this thread for the first time in a few days. Thanks for the link, I didn't know those were available!

Did you ever end up getting one of these? I was trying to think of what to get my wife for Christmas, and remembered these things, but I need one with a hose like a Waterpik so we can wash the kids' hair when they're taking a bath and I can't find anything like that.

Glad you asked robr. I surfed the net for quite awhile, hit upon this website, and just ordered this handheld nozzle a few days ago. If you read the fine print on another page, they state that the governor can be removed. They are low key about it -- guess they can't crow too much without attracting attention.
It's a Christmas present for the wife.:biggrin:

http://highpressureshowerheads.com/high-pressure-shower-head-hand-held.html

grrrrrrrr...... they didn't ship this until yesterday, and then they sent it USPS. this likely wont be here in time for christmas :(.

Glad you asked robr. I surfed the net for quite awhile, hit upon this website, and just ordered this handheld nozzle a few days ago. If you read the fine print on another page, they state that the governor can be removed. They are low key about it -- guess they can't crow too much without attracting attention.
It's a Christmas present for the wife.:biggrin:

http://highpressureshowerheads.com/high-pressure-shower-head-hand-held.html

sonofabitch!! you the man! thanks :)

Description:"Premium Massage Hand-Held" Shower Head, Item #:B0160
Unit price:$36.95 USD
Qty:1
Amount:$36.95 USD
Subtotal: $36.95 USD
Shipping and handling: $5.95 USD
Total: $42.90 USD
Payment sent to: [email protected]

Last edited: