• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pop quiz of the year....South Bay only

dear south bay nsxers, it's time for another pop quiz of the year...

ken d'ecosse had won the last award by guessing the meaning of my ex-license plate.

many of you know i had sold my nsx to a lucky gentleman...he's going to come next week, i believe.

anyways, i had a volvo S60 as well but just recently sold that and bought a new car. yes...vytas, i got rid of the volvo after owning it for 4 months.....anyone in their right mind would. it's a nice and safe car but it's just not me.

here's the next contest......to guess my new car......

riddle: it's sporty, new and weighs two tons....
it's neither big nor small but lots of fun....
it's not an SUV cuz it sits quite low....
it's exhaust sounds sweet when the air in it flows....
it's not a sedan for it fits a baby's stroller....
it's a four door vehicle that sits a bit taller.....
it's made in japan and looks a bit like a tank....
it's maker is top 10 on JD's reliability rank......
it's black/black with silver lettering.....
it's secret will be revealed at next sat's gathering.....

once again, feel free to discuss and list your answers to get your credit on this post. i will bring a surprise gift again to the first winner......

happy guessing.....:)

Blue Knight said:
dear south bay nsxers, it's time for another pop quiz of the year...

ken d'ecosse had won the last award by guessing the meaning of my ex-license plate.

many of you know i had sold my nsx to a lucky gentleman...he's going to come next week, i believe.

anyways, i had a volvo S60 as well but just recently sold that and bought a new car. yes...vytas, i got rid of the volvo after owning it for 4 months.....anyone in their right mind would. it's a nice and safe car but it's just not me.

here's the next contest......to guess my new car......

riddle: it's sporty, new and weighs two tons....
it's neither big nor small but lots of fun....
it's not an SUV cuz it sits quite low....
it's exhaust sounds sweet when the air in it flows....
it's not a sedan for it fits a baby's stroller....
it's a four door vehicle that sits a bit taller.....
it's made in japan and looks a bit like a tank....
it's maker is top 10 on JD's reliability rank......
it's black/black with silver lettering.....
it's secret will be revealed at next sat's gathering.....

once again, feel free to discuss and list your answers to get your credit on this post. i will bring a surprise gift again to the first winner......

happy guessing.....:)

It's not a sedan, but it has four doors? I thought coupes were defined as 2-doors and sedans were defined as 4-doors. I'm a bit confused on what definition you're using for "sedan".

Is it a Nissan Quest?

-CiaoBoy

I would have to agree with Ken. ;) The Infinity FX-35/45 fits the profile...

I would like to try and stop by and meet all of you. What time is your meeting?

Last edited:
(NSX REY) said:
I would have to agree with Ken. ;) The Infinity FX-35/45 fits the profile...

Isn't the FX35/45 an SUV though?

The club meeting is every first Saturday of the month at 11:30am. We meet in the parking lot in front of Macaroni Grill in McCarthy Ranch in Milpitas.

-CiaoBoy

(NSX REY) said:

Just so you know, full details and directions are on the club website at www.northwest.nsxca.org.

man, this is intense.....

chris, sedans are indeed four doors but so are many other "new" breeds.....

DeNguyen said:
Oh no.... Sounds like someone bought a Toyota Scion.

what? scion is the ultimate breadmobile! it's much faster than most bicycles out there.....with today's high gas prices, you just can't lose with that buy....

good try.....but NOT in a million years! :D

"it fits a baby's stroller....."
So definitely not RX-8, you should see the trunk of an RX-8, unless he pulled "mission impossible" trick :)

Since it is weigh 2 tons, my guess is FX-45 since it weigh 4,299 lbs = 1.954 tons = ~ 2 tons.
And it's called a crossover vehicle.
The other possibility is Nissan Murano, but Infiniti FX-45 fit the description more nicely.

insx said:
"it fits a baby's stroller....."
So definitely not RX-8, you should see the trunk of an RX-8, unless he pulled "mission impossible" trick :)

Since it is weigh 2 tons, my guess is FX-45 since it weigh 4,299 lbs = 1.954 tons = ~ 2 tons.
And it's called a crossover vehicle.
The other possibility is Nissan Murano, but Infiniti FX-45 fit the description more nicely.

Bah, the FX35/45 is still an SUV. Just like the BMW X5 and Porsche Cayenne. Those are all SUVs in my book.

But yeah, not many Japanese cars weigh 2 tons if you exclude SUVs. Sports cars definitely don't weigh 2 tons. And if you exclude sedans, then all you're left with are wagons, minivans, and maybe crossover minivan/wagons, like the Toyota Matrix. But most of the wagons and crossover minivan/wagons are not 2 tons either, so that leaves basically minivans. Hence, I chose the Quest. :)

-CiaoBoy

Last edited:
hmm.....i see how some are better at riddles than others.

very good, guys. the riddle is yet to be revealed next sat.

Ok… Most all Mini Vans have 5 doors right? Since the rear hatch is included as a door would this eliminate most all Mini Vans around 2003? Now that I think of it, this would or should exclude most wagons with 4 passenger doors plus rear hatch or (door)?

If the above is not correct, then I will say “Subaru WRX Sport Wagon”. It may not be 2 tons in weight, but it is two tons of fun!
;)

"it's exhaust sounds sweet when the air in it flows...."
This fit FX-45 exhaust description.
So is there a winner already ?
Or should we keep guessing on other cars?

insx said:

ahh....that's an excellent question, setyo. if you refer to the last line in my riddle, it says

"it's secret will be revealed at next sat's gathering....."

my purpose was to stir up the discussion and have everyone contribute. the answer may or may not be up here yet so the first one that gets it will win. the cat will be let out of the bag next sat.....

sorry for the suspense.....but i'm sure someone is going to get it. the riddle does contain sufficient and accurate clues......happy guessing!:)

OK, the suspense is killing me.
Do you bring this car to work, maybe I should just hang out on your parking lot.

that is an excellent idea, setyo.

for those that guess that name of my company and location will get extra credit.:D

just kidding.

setyo, you're welcome to drop by anytime but you know by doing that you're disqualifying yourself from the contest. at least you'll be able to catch a glimpse and get a ride in my near-300hp ride.....oops...did i just leave another clue.:D

pm me if you're interested in dropping by.....

insx said:

It can't be the FX35/45. Infiniti's website describes the FX as "Sport Elevated and Utility Accelerated" in the ads, and calls it an SUV on the site, and the press quotes on the website also call it an SUV.

-CiaoBoy

Chris has some detective skills here. Good points made by everyone.

I hope you guys aren't doing side bets.....:D

I feel a bit confused, because you say both "it's not an SUV cuz it sits quite low...." and "it's a four door vehicle that sits a bit taller....." So does it sit low or high? Hmmm. Maybe it is tall in vehicle height, but not ground clearance?

I was goling to guess it is a Toyota Matrix, but that doesn't weigh enough, and doesn't look like a tank. So I am going to guess...

A Honda Element (still doesn't weigh quite enough, but is close, and the rest fits perfectly).

What do I win? ;)

calexand said:
I feel a bit confused, because you say both "it's not an SUV cuz it sits quite low...." and "it's a four door vehicle that sits a bit taller....." So does it sit low or high? Hmmm. Maybe it is tall in vehicle height, but not ground clearance?

I was goling to guess it is a Toyota Matrix, but that doesn't weigh enough, and doesn't look like a tank. So I am going to guess...

A Honda Element (still doesn't weigh quite enough, but is close, and the rest fits perfectly).

What do I win? ;)

Isn't the Honda Element an SUV?

-CiaoBoy

Back