• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pop quiz of the year....South Bay only

CiaoBoy said:
Isn't the Honda Element an SUV?

-CiaoBoy

Well, not a traditional one. It has less ground clearance and is more, well, different. It really fit the description well, up until I saw the additional comment lower down that it is nearly 300HP. The Element is definitely not.

Given all the information, the only vehicle I think that fits is the Infiniti FX-35 . Not the FX-45 as several other people guessed (either separately or as a pair with the FX-35), but specifically the FX-35. The FX-45 has over 300 HP, while the FX-35 has just under.

It is not low, but it is less high off the ground than an traditional SUV like a Jeep, which might be what Noah meant.

Chip

Hey Noah,

How are you? Long time no hear from you. Sorry to hear about the loss of your X.......I'm sure you will be back with a 04+ NSX in the near future...

Let me guess your new car..........how about a hint? Provide me with the VIN number and I can tell everyone. hehe =)

Take care. Congratulations, you will be a father soon.

Kevin

hey kevin,

nice to see you back on the forums as well. i guess it has been a long time since i've spoken with you. our son has just turned two months old yesterday. when i met you a few months back, my wife was very close to her due date.

here's another hint for the new car....i just ordered a customized license plate

"MUGEN X"

this is the ultimate hint.....but WARNING, it may cause further confusion if you're on the wrong track....:D

What could it be????

I will see you all Saturday to see this mystery vehicle for myself… At this point, I can’t imagine what it could be? I will stick with one of these two vehicles and not ponder over the riddle any longer.

Subaru WRX Sport Wagon or Could it be a (BLUE) WRX STI? If I had an STI, I would make the baby stroller fit in the trunk!:)

good guesses, guys. only 3 more days to go......and the secret will be revealed at 11:30am this sat at the mccarthy ranch parking lot.

at first i almost bought the BMW 5-series but i was shocked to see such a small trunk....well, for my needs at least.

hold in there for a bit longer, guys. i know that itch is getting stronger.....:D

I was hoping to be done with my guessing, but I feel compelled to give it another try.

COULD IT BE A LEXUS LS ? 290hp and a big trunk!

(NSX REY) said:
I was hoping to be done with my guessing, but I feel compelled to give it another try.

COULD IT BE A LEXUS LS ? 290hp and a big trunk!

nice try but you must take all clues into perspective...

"it's not a sedan for it fits a baby's stroller....
it's a four door vehicle that sits a bit taller....."

nice try, though.....

Is it an Acura MDX?

It has 265 HP, but that is almost 300. It is a bit tall, but not enough clearance to go off road like a full-on SUV. It fits the rest. And Mugen X would sure fit - Mugen Honda All Wheel Drive. Yup, that's my guess.

Chip

good points, chip. only two more days to go, guys......hang in there a bit longer.

come to think of it, there are plenty of cars that may fit the description fairly well but only one will fit precisely.

Ok here are the only Mugen X aftermarket posibility in US :
Accord
Civic
CL
CR-V
CRX
Del Sol
Integra
NSX
Odyssey
Prelude
RSX
S2000
TL
TSX
(MDX does not have Mugen aftermarket in US)

Is this your Mugen X?
odyssey1.jpg

Honda Odyssey

If you are talking about Nissan Mugen the one that fit is FX-45
the FX fit the "X" :)
Well my question is how acurate is your description on the weight :)

i now label you as the car king of our group for your vast knowledge of US and foreign models.

only one more day to go and i'll see you on sat......by the way, i love your '94 green/black NSX. if i'm in the market, i'll buy yours no questions asked.

Thanks,
I'll see you there.
Now my riddle question is, can you catch up with us with your new 300 Hp X on the group drive? :p

no doubt i'll keep up with you guys......in heavy traffic:D

i actually testdrove this car up near skyline blvd. the sales guy took me on a long drive and i was doing full throttle. the handling is actually quite amazing.....with very very large rims....oops...did i give away another clue?:)

OK, that's FX-45 all right with 8-spoke 20" aluminum alloy wheels.

And Infiniti Of Serramonte is just happened to be near the Skyline Blvd. What a coincidence :p

insx said:
And Infiniti Of Serramonte is just happened to be near the Skyline Blvd. What a coincidence :p

Not just "car king of our group for your vast knowledge of US and foreign models." but also mapquest king of the group for the location of car dealerships haha :D

wow....setyo....you are the grandmaster automan.....i can just see the faces of all those sales guys that get your business....they will have to work hard for every penny they earn from you.

as for me, i don't like to negotiate when buying cars. i start with the invoice price and market price and create my own spreadsheet with price, APR, term and final payment. i then call all the dealerships and give them the numbers. the first one that calls me back with an agreement wins the deal. there was a case where i bought my car without ever meeting my sales guy....he found me a yellow S2000 at the right price and i had him ship my car on a flatbed from southern cal. the driver brought me all the papers and he was gone in 15 minutes. i forgot to have them put on a cover so the S2K picked up quite a few bugs with the front bumper and windshield.

one more day to go....:)

Blue Knight said:
no doubt i'll keep up with you guys......in heavy traffic:D

i actually testdrove this car up near skyline blvd. the sales guy took me on a long drive and i was doing full throttle. the handling is actually quite amazing.....with very very large rims....oops...did i give away another clue?:)

Must be an FX-35 with the 20" wheels option.

Still, I protest that the FX is an SUV, looks like one, and is called one by Infiniti and car magazines alike. :)

But I do like the Honda Odyssey guess. That's more in line with my Nissan Quest guess. Dunno if 240hp qualifies as "almost 300 hp" though, and that's what both the Quest and Odyssey have.

-CiaoBoy

That FX-35 with 20" optional wheel is a good one, I forgot he mentioned almost 300hp, not over.

So FX-35 it is.

I am afraid I won't make it tomorrow to see the misterious car :(

insx said:
That FX-35 with 20" optional wheel is a good one, I forgot he mentioned almost 300hp, not over.

So FX-35 it is.

I am afraid I won't make it tomorrow to see the misterious car :(

could you at least drop by? i'm only planning to stop by for the parking lot chit-chat. i can't stay. my day is also booked but i must keep my word to show up. i'm taking the baby to get his second round of shots tomorrow at 10am, then drop by the meet and then head over to pleasanton to check out the design center for our new home.

Ha! I'm just too quick for all of you losers!!!! (Just kidding guys)
Noah did let me know early on that I was right, but wanted to keep the game going along with him. Can't wait for the next competition - got to keep my 100% record intact. Thanks for the prize!

I didn't see this last post before the meet or I would have asked you about it - are you moving to P'ton Noah, or is that just where the DC for your builder is? (Not sure you knew I lived there)

no sweat, ken. it's only a small prize but it's the excitement of the competition that entertained.

only the dc is in pleasanton. i must say i don't go there often but pleasanton is becoming a very nice area to live. i have friends that work out there and they said the houses have been appreciating. maybe someday we'll consider moving there.

for now, our new home is located in san jose near the capital auto mall, tuscany hills II. it's a nice new community.

i'm glad to see so many new faces at the sat meet....nice to see those '02+ s.....i will be back with one of those hopefully in two years or less.

by the way, no one had ever asked me the reason for my new license plate....i told you guys that was a major clue to the type of car i had purchased. let's see who can guess why?

"MUGEN X"

Well, Mugen pretty much means Infinity in Japanese, and given that the new car is an Infiniti FX35, I'd say it is self explanatory.

Might confuse some people tho given that Mugen is also an exclusive Honda tuning company, but it is reasonable under the circumstances. Still would be cooler on an NSX. Maybe you can save it for your next X. :D

princxixor said:
Well, Mugen pretty much means Infinity in Japanese, and given that the new car is an Infiniti FX35, I'd say it is self explanatory.

Might confuse some people tho given that Mugen is also an exclusive Honda tuning company, but it is reasonable under the circumstances. Still would be cooler on an NSX. Maybe you can save it for your next X. :D

eric, i have 5 letters for you.......BINGO!!

that's exactly right. i figure i don't let my 11 quarters of japanese language study go to waste.:D

that's why in an earlier post i gave this clue to further supplement the riddle and gave the warning that one may further deviate from the main track if they get the wrong idea...such as mugen performance for honda.

i wanted "MUGEN FX" at first but it was taken so i just went for "MUGEN X".....and you're right, it's a great plate to transfer over to my future NSX.....should i decide to go with some Mugen parts.

drink is on me at the next club luncheon.....;)

Back