• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post pictures of your racing seats??

any nice blue seats out there? please post some pics....what's the best color match for the monte carlo blue?

SNDSOUL said:
did you miss the ones in the first pic or you are looking for something different?

those are nice but i'm looking for a deeper bucket that wraps around the driver like the recaros...

more precisely, i want to see a blue nsx with blue seats. i've seen many red with red seats and the color was a very good match.

The best color combo for a monte carlo blue would be black or a black seat with a blue center insert. Of course, it would also depend on your interior color. If you are interested, we have several different options for you. Please contact us privately via phone or e-mail. Thank you.

Blue Knight said:
any nice blue seats out there? please post some pics....what's the best color match for the monte carlo blue?

ACR,

Thanks for the pic. Those seats are exactly what I'm looking for. I like the deep bucket with the two-tone black/blue combo.

Recaro COTS version ??

ACR_Motorsports said:
Yup, that was the first and only set in North America that we imported a while back. OEM is OEM, there is no comparison. The Type-S Zero Seats are the most comfortable/best looking racing seats period. As for price, yes they are quite a bit more than $6000.
Is the NSX-R / S seat basically an OEM version of the Recaro SP-A (similar to SP-G but in carbon-kevlar) with a perf nubuck covering (non-perf in NA1 cars) ??

I would guess that the SP-A would be more affordable...

########

oops -- found an old post on this from awhile back. Looks like the SP-A is NOT identical to the OE NSX-R seat --> http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11594

Last edited:
Re: Recaro COTS version ??

The NSX-R/S seats are kinda similar to the SP-A, but the shape of the seat is still different. The NSX-R/S seats have a deep bucket in the rear/butt portion, but the sidewall slopes upward as it gets closers to the legs, making it easier to get in and out than other full bucket seats. The shape around the kindney area is also different. Basically, it has better ergonomics.

cojones said:
Is the NSX-R / S seat basically an OEM version of the Recaro SP-A (similar to SP-G but in carbon-kevlar) with a perf nubuck covering (non-perf in NA1 cars) ??

I would guess that the SP-A would be more affordable...

I think the sparco torino that x-tnsiv has are some of the best seats made. I would also get something reclinable like those for daily driving.

ACR_Motorsports said:
By the way, here is picture of the S-Zero seats in Black with blue suede center inserts.

ACR_Motorsports: Do you have a picture of these seats in Black with red suede? How many colors can we choose from? How much would a pair of these seats cost? Or would it be more cost-wise to get a pair of Pole Positions, and get them wrapped a la Type-S style?

Deuce said:
Japan Integra Type-R w/modified Taitec seat rails.

fc667898.jpg
:eek: ive always been a sucker for recaro srd's

Camel Interior

Do you guys have any suggestions for a car with camel interior? I guess I could always go with Black, because of the dash and upper door sections. I was just wondering If anyone has seen tan/camel seats?

John

Sparco makes their Milano seats in beige leather. But they are not so light. You'd probably save some weight over stock, but not as much as a typical racing bucket.

black/orange combo

2002 S-Zero seats in black with orange on my ACURA NSX.
interior is vivid orange but it looks like tan/camel:D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 3,013
hishi very nice :D Hope this is not a stupid question, but you being from Japan how do you have a left hand drive nsx? I thought they were all right hand drive?
nik

There are many left hand drive NSX in Japan. those were mostly imported from States because it was so hard to get one when the ealier model was released.
Some japanese pople like the blands ACURA, LEXUS, etc..
those brand car/parts are rare in Japan and they think those are cool than the Japanese brands HONDA, TOYOTA, ...

strange

I always thought that was strange, human nature is to want something you can't have.

In the US some many people are swapping their Acura badges for Hondas. Yet in Japan people are trying to get Acura badges instead of their "H"s I noticed the same thing when I was building my 911, here everyone thinks the orange/red taillight combo is cool on their older 911. In europe driver's love the all red look of the USA cars. Very wierd.

John

hishi thanks for the info. Its funny how we want our acuras to say honda and people in japan want them to say acura. Funny aren't we. Since we do not get the type s here in the US where did you import or get yours? Since it is a left hand drive?

poeple like something rare

My ACURA NSX is not the Type-S, but a ealier model coupe. I just converted seats, and also headlights. Type-S seats were very very expensive:(

Re: poeple like something rare

hishi said:
My ACURA NSX is not the Type-S, but a ealier model coupe. I just converted seats, and also headlights. Type-S seats were very very expensive:(

do you convert the head lights your self?

how much cutting and fabrication did you do?

also if you can make a thread of pics of your car that would be great!

Hishi your NSX looks awesome my favourite colour!!
nice seats!

Can't wait till I go to Japan in Jan 04' for tokyo autosalon...

Back