• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post your most recent picture of your NSX...

No... Lol.. Not a surgeon of any kind. Just got tired of cracking fiberglass because I love to stay extremely low. Got fed up and started thinking about polyurethane or any plastics lip and couldn't find anything in PU so decided to spend $28.. Whats there to lose. I already spent over $1500 on 3 lip.. Well I hope you all like it. I'm pretty satisfied.

Isn't the Wings west front lip pu? I've heard it is super tough.

My NSX at SEMA.

- - - Updated - - -

Photo Credit to Mihai Balica:

that kind of looks like the rocket bunny kit that some guys here are in love with.Racy diffuser looks track ready

Docjohn.. it's actually not really like the Rocket Bunny Kit except for the flair. It's also only 80% done. I started this only 2 months ago - and given the SEMA deadline, we did what we could. Still have the following left from a bodykit perspective:

1) Widened rear diffuser that extends further beyond the rear
2) Biplane rear wing (Shad feels this actually helps)
3) Side splitter
4) Reworked lower front bumper with larger chin and splitter
5) Narrower front fender flares... they're too big right now by about 1/2 inch

It's actually more close in philosophy to DTM style and, particularly, Black Series bodywork on the AMG cars like the SL65 Black Series and the C63 Black Series I once owned. It all started from my hope to run wider tires. Then it got a little out of hand. But I think its always good to try to do something different and and push the limits of what the chassis can handle.

As an aside, Rocket Bunny's founder/designer Kei Miura and Kato from Liberty Walk saw my car and complimented me... they thought it was some company designed kit. They were surprised I did... and that I did it between operative cases.

"I think its always good to try to do something different and and push the limits of what the chassis can handle.I like what your doing and agree with your justification. I love "different". (most of the time, lol.)I think a more agrressive front would compliment your build. Maybe a mod4bumper. Also start a build thread as soon as possible. That's an awesome amount of work in so little time.
+1. Some of these kits are awesome. Sometimes you get a better look by mixing up components from different kits.

"I think its always good to try to do something different and and push the limits of what the chassis can handle. As an aside, Rocket Bunny's founder/designer Kei Miura and Kato from Liberty Walk saw my car and complimented me... they thought it was some company designed kit. They were surprised I did... and that I did it between operative cases.
I like what your doing and agree with your justification. I love "different". (most of the time, lol.)I think a more agrressive front would compliment your build. Maybe a mod4bumper. Also start a build thread as soon as possible. That's an awesome amount of work in so little time.

I actually like the stock front upper/lower bumper setup. One rarely see's that on such an aggressive WB. Keeps the NSX look. Needs quad tips though. Beautiful unique car.

I like what your doing and agree with your justification. I love "different". (most of the time, lol.)I think a more agrressive front would compliment your build. Maybe a mod4bumper. Also start a build thread as soon as possible. That's an awesome amount of work in so little time.

Thanks - a more aggressive front is on the way. I do have a build thread - it's under neoprufrok's build. More pics will be added... although a few mags want to keep the build a little more under wraps as they plan on featuring it.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually like the stock front upper/lower bumper setup. One rarely see's that on such an aggressive WB. Keeps the NSX look. Needs quad tips though. Beautiful unique car.

Thanks man! Still some more work to be done. It was a little hard for me to sign off on it going to SEMA. If it was 100% complete, I think it would have been even better.

- - - Updated - - -

Docjohn.. it's actually not really like the Rocket Bunny Kit except for the flair. It's also only 80% done. I started this only 2 months ago - and given the SEMA deadline, we did what we could. Still have the following left from a bodykit perspective:

1) Widened rear diffuser that extends further beyond the rear
2) Biplane rear wing (Shad feels this actually helps)
3) Side splitter
4) Reworked lower front bumper with larger chin and splitter
5) Narrower front fender flares... they're too big right now by about 1/2 inch

It's actually more close in philosophy to DTM style and, particularly, Black Series bodywork on the AMG cars like the SL65 Black Series and the C63 Black Series I once owned. It all started from my hope to run wider tires. Then it got a little out of hand. But I think its always good to try to do something different and and push the limits of what the chassis can handle.

As an aside, Rocket Bunny's founder/designer Kei Miura and Kato from Liberty Walk saw my car and complimented me... they thought it was some company designed kit. They were surprised I did... and that I did it between operative cases.

Good work,how much wider are fender's now and What rear wing is that?

Good work,how much wider are fender's now and What rear wing is that?

Right now, 3.5" wider on each side in the rear. The front is 2.5" - but I'm going to bring it back to about 2". 2.5" is too wide and even with the 18x9.5" front and 265 wide Toyo R888, they still have room to be brought in.

Rear wing was temporary - its Voltex. Plan is to go with my own custom rear wing attached to the frame as I've been hearing that these wings can actually cause problems at high speeds on track and on highway with the trunk.

Rear wing was temporary - its Voltex. Plan is to go with my own custom rear wing attached to the frame as I've been hearing that these wings can actually cause problems at high speeds on track and on highway with the trunk.
It appears to be angled wrong for down force but potential lift. But I'm no expert....

20141109_104505.jpg

I got to ride shotgun today as my wife took the wheel.

15568481518_951b0b99fd_b.jpg

My NSX at SEMA 2014. This project has been a long 8 year project of collecting parts and networking with old friends and making new ones. I'm truly thankful to everyone that has supported my passion for this project. I believe this is the only car ever been built in North America proudly outfitted with such parts. Enjoy everyone.

Read more about it at http://www.drivingline.com/2014/11/sema-2014-still-the-one-mugen-nsx/

mugen_nsx_acura4_zps8ef4cb61.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 885
My NSX at SEMA 2014. This project has been a long 8 year project of collecting parts and networking with old friends and making new ones. I'm truly thankful to everyone that has supported my passion for this project. I believe this is the only car ever been built in North America proudly outfitted with such parts. Enjoy everyone.

Read more about it at http://www.drivingline.com/2014/11/sema-2014-still-the-one-mugen-nsx/

mugen_nsx_acura4_zps8ef4cb61.jpg

Wow! I've never seen that Mugen wing or sideskirts, except in magazine photos. I am certain that you are correct about this being the only NA car ever outfitted with all of these Mugen goodies.

Amazing work Chad!

Back