• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project NSX-R "cosmetic" conversion and non NSX-R related parts

Very nice build Jason - I like all the pictures and the steps you took :)

Where were those pictures with the temple taken at? Seems like a beautiful view and location for a shoot.

I like this picture the best because she looks like she's talking to your car:

10.jpg

Thank you, I love your build as well. The pics were taken in Palos Verdes.

That's Palos Verdes:eek: Wow! When I used to live in California I would drive through Palos Verdes all the time but I never saw that temple. Can ask where in PV it is?

That's Palos Verdes:eek: Wow! When I used to live in California I would drive through Palos Verdes all the time but I never saw that temple. Can ask where in PV it is?
Wow! Perry, you used to live California?

PV is so beautiful, unfortunately I do not know the location of the temple, I followed our NSX crew during that day.

Last edited:
Wow! Perry, you used to live California?

PV is so beautiful, unfortunately I do not know the location of the temple, I followed our NSX crew during that day.

Yep for 7 years. On days like today ( over a foot of snow on the ground and morning lows near 0 ) I miss it a lot:biggrin:

Perry,

It's technically San Pedro. Have you seen 'The Usual Suspects'? It's where they meet up with Redfoot.

suspects-bell-1.jpg

http://www.sanpedro.com/sp_point/korenbel.htm

Ah ok and if memory serves me right there's an ocean view drive going through San Pedro that goes to a suspension bridge:confused: Sorry it's been a few and I'm old ..LOL
Its 85 degrees right now!

Dude you suck:tongue:

It's so cold my tires are riding like rocks! I came back from the gym thinking I had a flat tire.

Enjoy a night drive with the windows down for me fellas.

Just for fun reads

Almost everyone ask the same question when they see me. Which is faster between the supercharged NSX and 360?. I always answered that my supercharged NSX was slightly faster, but very close. I have done many runs on the NSX before, 0~60mph time depending on the lauch is around 4.09sec~4.5 (best to worst run).

This is my dynolicious time in the 360, this is the very first and only time so far that I had ever attemped 0~60mph in this car. It was at same location where I tested the NSX 0~100mph, but did not had room (guts) to go 1/4mile.

I launched the 360 at 2000rpm, bogged, and shifted too early in 3rd, and 4th. Not the best run. However, I am very happy with the result knowing even with so so driving, I can pull off ok times.

306dynolicious-1.png

I let off the throttle at around 1000' due to lack of room.
306dynolicious-2.png

As indicated by the yellow and redline on the graph. I shifted to 3rd at around 90mph (360 can reach 100mph in 3rd), I ran out of guts. I wish I had just held it for 1 sec longer, should had trapped at least 115mph.
306dynolicious-3.png

Below is side by side comparison of my best Supercharged NSX run to the 360(the run data and pic for the nsx is available in this thread):

SC'ed NSX/360
0-10mph .39sec/.53sec
0-30mph 1.76sec/1.35sec
0-40mph 2.26sec/2.57sec
0-50mph 3.28sec/3.74sec
0-60mph 4.09sec/4.54sec
0-70mph 4.96sec/5.49sec
0-80mph 5.86sec/6.98sec
0-90mph 7.61sec/8.17sec
0-100mph 8.91sec/10.01sec

60 foot [email protected]/[email protected]
1/8 mile 8.04sec@90.7mph/8.47sec@90.4mph
1000' 10.34sec@103.1mph/10.84mph@104.3mph
Not enough room for 1/4mile/12.84sec@107mph

The trap speed between the two cars is shocking similar.

Last edited:
nsxsupra,

What year is your NSX and is your NSX CTSC?

uhh, you guys do know he sold his car, right?

his project doesnt exist anymore.. :( he sold it to someone but i'm not sure who.. curious who owns her now.

I'm pretty sure Jason sold off all his NSX-R parts, so the car is now back to a rather mundane GPW NA1. His car was my original inspiration for doing a NSX-R clone. Now after a few years of ownership, my Berlina Black is growing on me.

Car now. I'll leave it up to the new owner to chime in or not. Believe everything aftermarket was sold off of it before sale.

5588643873_ce8ee61f20_b.jpg

I need some of that for my diffuser.

Do you miss the NSX?
The answer would be yes, I miss the community, forum, and good old times. I had so much awesome experiences with NSX.

NSX is my favorite raw sports car up there with Ferraries and Lambos (like porsches as well, but not my top favorites). I can't see why I won't get another NSX. It just takes a lot of time and energy to get it to how I want it. It only make sense to make it better than last one. I am too busy with my career right now to have a project car. Hopefully in another year or two of hard work, I can make it for good.

I sat in the seat of my NSX 2 weeks ago at SCA NSX meet. The new owner took great care of the car for almost 2 years since buying the car from me. It is same condition inside and out, felt just like yesterday.

Vinyl. I miss Jason around here.
Dave, I miss being around here as well

Back