• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project NSX-R "cosmetic" conversion and non NSX-R related parts

looks great!!

Any thought of doing away with the rear side markers to match the deleted front ones?

I'm amazed you guys made it into that park, I remember the entrance to the parking lot was quite steep. :eek: Did any of you guys scrape?

I'm guessing you guys got permission from the manager or whoever is in charge of the park to move the cars up close by? Great pics! Here is one i took with my crappy camera =)

4iefl5.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

:eek:UFO sighting
8.jpg

9.jpg

Got the Dali R chassis bar and STMPO chasis car installed today. Thanks again to Ramon for the perfect install without removing the front bumper and Tom for keeping me entertained during the wait:biggrin:

The NSX is STIFF and rock (diamond) solid!!!!!!!! zero flex, there is really nothing else I can say about these, too good to be true for such affordable mods. I highly doubt anyone will be unhappy with either products.

Next up are NSX-R lower chasis bar and NSX-R sway bar as soon as someone has one in stock:frown:

IMG_0881.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Jason where do those go???

Hey Jason where do those go???

I saw Jason's post and had to come in and answer this. We make the powder gray bar on the bottom... we laser cut replicas of the front tie down brackets and tig weld a lightwieght chromoly tube in between for maximum chassis reinforcement (no brackets... one solid piece)

The bar is mounted in the factory bolt location of the steel tie down brackets in between the 2 frame rails upfront.... here are some pics.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109360

We are selling these at a special price of 300.00 shipped for the month of August only... let us know if your interested...

btw - we released our nsx - r snorkel recently... it could help complete the typr r conversion.... take a peak at the vendor section... on sale for the month of august

It was nice and cool tonight at 47degree F, so I decided to do a test run at 3am after hanging out with fellow NSXers.

Finally had a chance to do a clean 0~100mph timed run in NSX at business district with no cross street. Launched at 2800rpm.

Weight info entered in the test is 2792lbs+160lbs(my weight)+54lbs (half tank of fuel)
0-10mph .39sec
0-20mph 1.05sec
0-30mph 1.76sec
0-40mph 2.26sec
0-50mph 3.28sec
0-60mph 4.09sec
0-70mph 4.96sec
0-80mph 5.86sec
0-90mph 7.61sec
0-100mph 8.91sec

60 foot [email protected]
1/8 mile [email protected]
Not enough room for 1/4mile

dynolicious-3.jpg

dynolicious-2.jpg

dynolicious-1.jpg

My twin turbo 335i coupe with stage III juice box does 0~60mph in 4.3~4.5sec range. Never had chance to do a 0~100mph run in the bimmer, but to put things in perspective. NSX did 0~70mph in 4.96sec. My best bimmer 0~70mph run was 5.68sec.

Last edited:
It was nice and cool tonight at 47degree F, so I decided to do a test run at 3am after hanging out with fellow NSXers.

Finally had a chance to do a clean 0~100mph timed run in NSX at business district with no cross street. Launched at 2800rpm.

Weight info entered in the test is 2792lbs+160lbs(my weight)+54lbs (half tank of fuel)
0-10mph .39sec
0-20mph 1.05sec
0-30mph 1.76sec
0-40mph 2.26sec
0-50mph 3.28sec
0-60mph 4.09sec
0-70mph 4.96sec
0-80mph 5.86sec
0-90mph 7.61sec
0-100mph 8.91sec

dynolicious-3.jpg

dynolicious-2.jpg

dynolicious-1.jpg

My twin turbo 335i coupe with stage III juice box does 0~60mph in 4.3~4.5sec range. Never had chance to do a 0~100mph run in the bimmer, but to put things in perspective. NSX did 0~70mph in 4.96sec. My best bimmer 0~70mph run was 5.68sec.

Great numbers Jason for a pretty conservative launch. I bet a higher RPM launch would get you below 4 secs , but of course I don't know how much your clutch costs:biggrin:

Beautiful build, but the wheels need to go. I would throw on some BBS LMs or some Work wheels.

Nice suggestion, let's make the car slower:biggrin::rolleyes:

0-10mph .39sec
0-20mph 1.05sec
0-30mph 1.76sec
0-40mph 2.26sec
0-50mph 3.28sec
0-60mph 4.09sec
0-70mph 4.96sec
0-80mph 5.86sec
0-90mph 7.61sec
0-100mph 8.91sec

dynolicious-1.jpg

Nice!! :D

just fyi, .... you know you can take a screen shot of your iPhone's current screen by pressing the 'Home' button and the "Sleep/Wake" button at the same time. That way you could show some nice screen shots of your times, etc. ;) :D

Here's an example:
screen-1.jpg

Last edited:
NoLimit,

Never knew that before! Good info thanks!

Jason,

Which application are you using to to record those figures?

That is Dynolicious! ;) :D $12.99 in the app store.
www.dynolicious.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-DFbJQbeSY

OT, but with the screen capture function, a Funny trick to play on someone that sets their phone down, ... take a screen shot of their screen, and then open it in their photo album, then set it down/give it back.
They will be trying to push buttons but nothing works b/c it's just a pic....LOL!!! ;) :D talk about seeing some confused looks!! LOL!

Sean

Last edited:
I think I just became one of the statistics and joined the not so exclusive club. Either clutch spring tang or the snap ring broke. It happened in parking lot, like what others said on the forum, the snap ring can be already broken without symptoms, it may have already been broken for a while, but the symptom did not show up until just now. I am almost 99% sure it is snap ring. It happened at really low mileage too, @30k~miles

Looking on the bright side, I rarely have time to drive it, my other car is almost as fun, and this is great excuse to upgrade either clutch or JDM short gears. I am not unhappy one bit, it is just unnecessary hassle with my time.

I don't know if this is irony or not, I have own many cars from European, JDM to even a Korean Daowood Lanos (lol). None of the cars other than Hondas have gave me problems. Even GF's Accord V6 had transmission recall and other problems. I thought NSX could be exception, I guess not.

Last edited:
I think I just became one of the statistics. Either clutch spring tang or the snap ring broke. It happened in parking lot, like what others said on the forum, the snap ring can be already broken without symptoms, it may have already been broken for a while, but the symptom did not show up until just now.

Looking on the bright side, I rarely have time to drive it, my other car is almost as fun, and this is great excuse to upgrade either clutch or JDM short gears. I am not unhappy one bit, it is just unnecessary hassle with my time.

I don't know if this is irony or not, I have own some many cars from European to JDM, none of the cars other than Hondas have gave me problems. I thought NSX could be exception, I guess not.

Oh dang sorry to hear Jason! What other problems have your Hondas given you? Also I thought your car was a 94 and that the 91-93s are the snap ring cars:confused:

Oh dang sorry to hear Jason! What other problems have your Hondas given you? Also I thought your car was a 94 and that the 91-93s are the snap ring cars:confused:
Perry, I have a low mileage 92, knew it will happen sooner or later, but man so fast so soon at such low mileage, the age is deceiving, it can be parked next to any 07 or even 08 cars and still look newer inside and out. I also have slow window, AC only blow on cold, and blown sub.

My Civic SI had AC and radiator problems, S2000 had engine miss fire on cylinder #1, #2, #3, and #4 (P0300,P0301,P0302,P0303,P0304). I replaced all the spark plugs, and even swapped out the coil packs, didn't fix it. I did a lot of research on S2KI, seem like thousands have same problem. These are my 1st hand unbiased unfortunate experiences.

Perry, I have a low mileage 92, knew it will happen sooner or later, but man so fast so soon at such low mileage, the age is deceiving, it can be parked next to any 07 or even 08 cars and still look newer inside and out. I also have slow window, AC only blow on cold, and blown sub.

My Civic SI had AC and radiator problems, S2000 had engine miss fire on cylinder #1, #2, #3, and #4 (P0300,P0301,P0302,P0303,P0304). I replaced all the spark plugs, and even swapped out the coil packs, didn't fix it. I did a lot of research on S2KI, seem like thousands have same problem. These are my 1st hand unbiased unfortunate experiences.

LOL I have a slow drivers side and at first I just thought I was being impatient:biggrin:

Man I've had four S2K's only problem was with MY02 where the retractable roof paused once. I asked the service man while I was in for an oil change and he saw there was a recall for some part and replaced it.

I love the Civic Si but have been leery since it's made here although I'm really thinking about getting one of the Spoon imported RHD Civic Type Rs. Just not sure how to get something like that street legal.

Back