• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project NSX-R "cosmetic" conversion and non NSX-R related parts

First SLR pics (Cannon ESO Digital Rebel XSI). Thanks for the recommendation from Primers on the SLR for beginner thread.

Pics are 100% raw image, zero enhancement via PS. Skill level 0.

New mods:
NSX-R battery undertray
NSX-R Bumper undertray
GPW Headlights.

211.jpg

115.jpg

Dang Jason:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I don't think I've seen a sweeter NSX-R conversion. Also what suspension do you have?

2 thumbs up for you Jason!!!
Man, I can only dream of the day my NSX will look as sweet as yours. Perfect R conversion.

Jason, IMO Project NSX-R is a total success. Your NSX looks great. I can't wait to see it next week.

Mike

Thanks guy. To me the NSX is extension of me. My love and passion for modding and NSX will never end, I will continue to work 1 step at a time and reach the goal of building my dream car and enjoy the process along the way. It is what it is, the process fun. There are still so many things I want to get for my NSX. Should be interesting to see this thread 5 years later.

Unfortunately, I did not had time to adjust the hood prior to the photo shoot. I thought the hood looked horrible Saturday with a big black seal sticking out.

When I was trying to adjust the hood today. Ramon pointed out my hood seals were sticking up by 1/4 inch. He took a look and said "Jason your hood seal is installed incorrectly, the part the higher up side of the seal is supposed to be facing the otherside:eek:. Those with NSX-R hoods whatever the brand, check your hood seals, if your seal sticks up, rotate it.

A few minutes later with Ramon's magic. I was speechless:eek:. Iphone Camera pic, I left my memory stick on my desktop:redface:. He also shaved a few more lbs off the nsx for me (3 lbs at the rear).

IMG_0834.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guy. To me the NSX is extension of me. My love and passion for modding and NSX will never end, I will continue to work 1 step at a time and reach the goal of building my dream car and enjoy the process along the way. It is what it is, the process fun. There are still so many things I want to get for my NSX. Should be interesting to see this thread 5 years later.

Unfortunately, I did not had time to adjust the hood prior to the photo shoot. I thought the hood looked horrible Saturday with a big black seal sticking out.

When I was trying to adjust the hood today. Ramon pointed out my hood seals were sticking up by 1/4 inch. He took a look and said "Jason your hood seal is installed incorrectly, the part the higher up side of the seal is supposed to be facing the otherside:eek:. Those with NSX-R hoods whatever the brand, check your hood seals, if your seal sticks up, rotate it.

A few minutes later with Ramon's magic. I was speechless:eek:. Iphone Camera pic, I left my memory stick on my desktop:redface:. He also shaved a few more lbs off the nsx for me (3 lbs at the rear).

IMG_0834.JPG

:eek: Thanks for the tip man and uh where are the hood seals:biggrin:

Very nice conversion and from the pictures i can't tell your car is GPW. It just looks like Champion White to me!!

Your conversion have inspired me in collecting the necessary parts for the conversion on my X.

Keno

Last edited:
This concludes the exterior. I hightly doubt there is anything else I will do for exterior other than BBK and spare set Advan or Volk Racing wheels.

More mods to come..............

Special thanks to John/Scorp965 for giving me the BBS center caps. He refuse to accept my money:redface:

13.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Last edited:
Wow there's some sweet pics in this thread. I don't even know where to start. Those black wheels are the first ones I've seen that I like. There's something very nice about the NSX in white.

Back