• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm chucking in the injector portion of this upgrade right now, and there doesn't seem to be any combination of the OEM injector seal and spacer that gets the RDX injectors to sit in the rail, seal properly to the manifold, and allow the rail to be tightened down securely. I chalk it up to being tired from fixing every one else cars today, and I just don't really wanna be wrenching, but the lure of power is too great... :biggrin:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm chucking in the injector portion of this upgrade right now, and there doesn't seem to be any combination of the OEM injector seal and spacer that gets the RDX injectors to sit in the rail, seal properly to the manifold, and allow the rail to be tightened down securely. I chalk it up to being tired from fixing every one else cars today, and I just don't really wanna be wrenching, but the lure of power is too great... :biggrin:

I totally understand... To make it easier you will need to cut the hook off the injector. You can use a razor blade to do that... it just helps it sit a little more snug and lower... use only the rubber spacer... remove the phenolic spacer and bolt it down snug... it will not more or go anywhere. I have tested it and it works and seals perfectly. pm me so i can send u details if you need help bud!

Does the kit come with one of these too :):biggrin::wink:

371507.300x300.jpg

Does the kit come with one of these too :):biggrin::wink:

371507.300x300.jpg

If you need this than you're probably better off having someone with experience install the injectors for you. Lol I have seen or heard of more stock (unmodified) cars on the side of the road in flames than someone setting their cars on fire from a simple injector install. LOL I'm sure more Primers here have common sense like not touching the fuel system with a cigar in your mouth!

Brian, I just want to know if my stage 3 rom tune makes the same whp as having this setup? I know the stage 3 rom tune was around 15-20whp, so now I'll be making more than that once I go stage 4 and RDX injectors?

-Ravi

ok, Here is my input on this mod:

We just installed this on a 91. Car has CT headers and exhaust. Brian sent me the package and we installed right away. The install was simple and clean. Took us less than 45 min to do. After driving the car I can tell you it is an impressive difference. You feel an increase in power simply driving it around. Simple lane change acceleration feels easier. The TQ is noticeable. Vtec engages harder. All in all a VERY impressive bang for the buck mod. The customer is very happy with the result also.

HIGHLY recommend this.

ok, Here is my input on this mod:

We just installed this on a 91. Car has CT headers and exhaust. Brian sent me the package and we installed right away. The install was simple and clean. Took us less than 45 min to do. After driving the car I can tell you it is an impressive difference. You feel an increase in power simply driving it around. Simple lane change acceleration feels easier. The TQ is noticeable. Vtec engages harder. All in all a VERY impressive bang for the buck mod. The customer is very happy with the result also.

HIGHLY recommend this.

Brilliant! Glad we have another happy customer! Most people notice the gains in part throttle and everyday driving. Something we are in over most of the time unless you have a lead foot =)

Any prospects or updates on this working with a 3.2L NA2? I know this would work in theory, but am hoping someone can be the "guinea pig" like L_RAO was for the NA1.

I'd rather avoid having to get the AEM EMS and doing all the trial and error on the dyno. I've never tuned engines or ECUs in this manner before so I am not too knowledgeable in the matter or know what to expect and look out for. I'm also not too comfortable with the unpredictable costs of doing so.

Hopefully Prospeed is able to release the kit with their own stage 1-3 ECU for the NA2 3.2L!

Any prospects or updates on this working with a 3.2L NA2? I know this would work in theory, but am hoping someone can be the "guinea pig" like L_RAO was for the NA1.

I'd rather avoid having to get the AEM EMS and doing all the trial and error on the dyno. I've never tuned engines or ECUs in this manner before so I am not too knowledgeable in the matter or know what to expect and look out for. I'm also not too comfortable with the unpredictable costs of doing so.

Hopefully Prospeed is able to release the kit with their own stage 1-3 ECU for the NA2 3.2L!

You and I are in the same exact boat.

Count me in as SourceNSX's very happy customer. Incredible difference :biggrin:

The NSX is a great car but had been questioning whether I wanted to keep it as was likely never going to spring for the $8-10k push it that much more with SC. Had gone with the short gears last year and it make a nice difference for where and how I drive but still left me wanting more. Concluded would try this and make a decision on whether to keep it afterwards. As always the guys over @ Source One were great and looking for someone local interested in giving it a try.

I have to say that I'm a little stunned at the difference. I don't know how much of it is the result of the tune and how much the injectors and it doesn't matter for me. It just feels like a significantly larger engine with the new found torque. The first 100 miles since the install have gone quick and I've had a blast. It's just not the same car. It went from maybe selling it to go towards an IS F to not sure that there is a car that could be any more fun than this and what kind of idiot could let it go. Not bad for a 21yr old car with 108k miles.

Much thanks to those pushing the envelop and providing new options and as usual to the guys at Source One. If anyone's in the Cinti area and wants to see if it's as nice as everyone is saying, give me a yell.

For those NA2 guys of you who aren't in the So Cal area, you're going to have to have your local tuner dial in the injectors on the FIC or VAFC or EMS anyways (unless, of course, you fly Brian out). :biggrin:

There's an FIC for sale in the classifieds...

Byrdman: glad to hear that you like the mod.

Soon! We want to test it out and have a good basemap for the AEM FIC and the injectors. The 95+ ecu's can't be reprogrammed =(

Count me in as SourceNSX's very happy customer. Incredible difference :biggrin:

The NSX is a great car but had been questioning whether I wanted to keep it as was likely never going to spring for the $8-10k push it that much more with SC. Had gone with the short gears last year and it make a nice difference for where and how I drive but still left me wanting more. Concluded would try this and make a decision on whether to keep it afterwards. As always the guys over @ Source One were great and looking for someone local interested in giving it a try.

I have to say that I'm a little stunned at the difference. I don't know how much of it is the result of the tune and how much the injectors and it doesn't matter for me. It just feels like a significantly larger engine with the new found torque. The first 100 miles since the install have gone quick and I've had a blast. It's just not the same car. It went from maybe selling it to go towards an IS F to not sure that there is a car that could be any more fun than this and what kind of idiot could let it go. Not bad for a 21yr old car with 108k miles.

Much thanks to those pushing the envelop and providing new options and as usual to the guys at Source One. If anyone's in the Cinti area and wants to see if it's as nice as everyone is saying, give me a yell.

This is why I do this! For that kind of reaction... Glad you love it! I agree with you... The NSX just needs a lil more power to be comparable to most modern day sports cars... I think L_RAO goal of around 300rwhp and the NSX weight is just right without spending FI money =)

For those NA2 guys of you who aren't in the So Cal area, you're going to have to have your local tuner dial in the injectors on the FIC or VAFC or EMS anyways (unless, of course, you fly Brian out). :biggrin:

There's an FIC for sale in the classifieds...

Byrdman: glad to hear that you like the mod.

You're correct... if you have a competent AEM tuner you can have the tune the FIC or EMS for you.... You just need my installation kit and that's it!

I think if people can experience it firsthand then they'll be persuaded. If anyone in SoCal wants to check out my car with the injectors just shoot me a pm :)

Anyone notice a difference in MPG?

Maybe lower because you cannot keep your foot off of the pedal?:biggrin:

i don't pay attention to mpg's, but i would bet its better simply because it takes less throttle application to get up to speed.

I drive my car every day and before the mod I was getting about 24mpg average, the 2 tanks after I had it I was averaging 21mpg! But that was with dyno sessions, canyon runs, and general shenanigans :) otherwise I've actually noticed an increase, now I get 26mpg if I drive normally which is harder to do now :p

All things equal (like gearing): larger injectors = more fuel added (that's the whole point), which should equal worse mpg. I believe prospeed is actually testing it to see but I don't think you can expect to have your cake and eat it too...

Last edited:
All things equal (like gearing): larger injectors = more fuel added (that's the whole point), which should equal worse mpg. I believe prospeed is actually testing it to see but I don't think you can expect to have your cake and eat it too...

Actually, In theory with the best atomization and spray pattern we should get more horsepower and fuel economy... That's basically the same principle as using Direct injection... Porsche picked up more horsepower and fuel efficiency by switching over a couple of years ago. Most of the part throttle fueling used for around town is not much more over stock... The majority of added fueling was at WOT where it needed it most. Again this is in theory so we don't know unless we get a nice average of a period of time. You should download a nice MPG app from the app store and keep a log and drive it like an accord for 3 months... but I doubt anyone would want to with more power on tap =)

I'm an optimist and I believe you can have your cake and eat it too! =) I believe weight reduction is a perfect example.... better performance/handling and better fuel efficiency... It's crazy how fat cars got over the years and now a lot of manufacturers are using aluminum in their economy cars and SUV's.

Last edited:
Soon! We want to test it out and have a good basemap for the AEM FIC and the injectors. The 95+ ecu's can't be reprogrammed =(

Ah, good to know. Hopefully you get an NA2 tested out soon and get a good basemap for the AEM FIC. I will definitely be buying this once that is available and the numbers look as good (hopefully better) for the 3.2L.

The last thing I want to do is sit on the dyno for 3+ hours trying to figure out what's wrong - or more accurately, trusting that the tuner is trying his best and is able to find out what's wrong.

Is there an update to the "Stage 4" ECU tune? It would be great to see an itemization of recommended Tune Stages in this particular NA form such as:

Stage 1: I/H/E +RDX Injectors and ECU-3 with dyno
Stage 2: As above plus (recommended X intake, BBTB, cat, etc) with dyno
Stage 3: ITB or what have you...

Thanks for this great mod guys.

Actually, In theory with the best atomization and spray pattern we should get more horsepower and fuel economy... That's basically the same principle as using Direct injection... Porsche picked up more horsepower and fuel efficiency by switching over a couple of years ago. Most of the part throttle fueling used for around town is not much more over stock... The majority of added fueling was at WOT where it needed it most. Again this is in theory so we don't know unless we get a nice average of a period of time. You should download a nice MPG app from the app store and keep a log and drive it like an accord for 3 months... but I doubt anyone would want to with more power on tap =)

I'm an optimist and I believe you can have your cake and eat it too! =) I believe weight reduction is a perfect example.... better performance/handling and better fuel efficiency... It's crazy how fat cars got over the years and now a lot of manufacturers are using aluminum in their economy cars and SUV's.

I can see how better atomization could lead to better efficiency but I have my doubts that it would overcome the fact that more fuel
Is being added. For example, if the atomization nets 20% gain in efficiency which would be a lot IMO, the larger injector can in theory do almost double the original injector (220 vs 440cc for example). There are too many variables to consider though, for example, you may not have the programming instructing the injector to inject double the fuel just bc the injector is capable. But still- we are upgrading injectors so that we can inject more fuel to match more available air. I will be surprised if anyone will report better fuel economy in any measured test (which would remove driving style or variables from the equation). Then again- who cares bc I am not going to let it stop me unless the penalty is SEVERE- which it won't be.

Is there an update to the "Stage 4" ECU tune? It would be great to see an itemization of recommended Tune Stages in this particular NA form such as:

Stage 1: I/H/E +RDX Injectors and ECU-3 with dyno
Stage 2: As above plus (recommended X intake, BBTB, cat, etc) with dyno
Stage 3: ITB or what have you...

Thanks for this great mod guys.

Our next round of dyno testing will include:

1. Increased fuel pressure
2. My custom 3.5-inch cold air intake with velocity stack
3. BBTB
4. Ported intake manifold (VVIS removed)

In each phase if necessary Prospeed will modify the tune. Since this is probably the same order that most people will mod their cars the tune will be applicable just like the current offerings.

I can see how better atomization could lead to better efficiency but I have my doubts that it would overcome the fact that more fuel
Is being added. For example, if the atomization nets 20% gain in efficiency which would be a lot IMO, the larger injector can in theory do almost double the original injector (220 vs 440cc for example). There are too many variables to consider though, for example, you may not have the programming instructing the injector to inject double the fuel just bc the injector is capable. But still- we are upgrading injectors so that we can inject more fuel to match more available air. I will be surprised if anyone will report better fuel economy in any measured test (which would remove driving style or variables from the equation). Then again- who cares bc I am not going to let it stop me unless the penalty is SEVERE- which it won't be.

As to gas mileage, I've driven 6 tankfuls since the modification. Keep in mind I also swapped out the transmission to a 5-speed with 4.23 final drive and JDM 1-3 gear stack.

In mixed driving I'm getting 280-295 before my orange light goes off. I have yet to do a long distance trip on my new setup, but on my old setup I did get 345 miles once on a trip to Las Vegas.

Next time I go to Vegas I'll compare.

Our next round of dyno testing will include:

1. Increased fuel pressure
2. My custom 3.5-inch cold air intake with velocity stack
3. BBTB
4. Ported intake manifold (VVIS removed)

In each phase if necessary Prospeed will modify the tune. Since this is probably the same order that most people will mod their cars the tune will be applicable just like the current offerings.

NICE! Can't wait to see your results.

Impressive results

Much thx to Loc, Brian and Scott. I was RDX'ed this afternoon and the drive back to San Diego confirmed the feedback of many of you who got the same treatment. Even its only my butt dyno, the gain is a pleasant surprise. Basically the area under the curve is shifted up across the board.

I don't have much to add w/o repeating what has been said. The engine does pull a lot stronger esp. starting @4k+ and the HP and torque is noticeable over the Stage 3 chip I had. I have a 6spd w/ 4.06 and 265/18 and I am curious what the new mpg is going to be now its running at a better a/f ratio and more efficient. Old mpg is 30 w/ Calif. 91.

Will report back later.

Last edited:
Back