• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Punks Tried To Break Into My Nsx!!!

I parked my car at the mall top deck, sunlight out. I start to walk towards my car when I see 3 thugs from a distance near the area. As I get closer, they jump into their car and drive away. (Didn't see plates or get a clear view of them)

So I go to enter car when I see next to my keyhole, about a half inch to the right, is a hole about the size of a flattened penny. It seems they stuck a screwdriver or something into the sheetmetal and tried to fiddle with the key mechanism. What idiots and inconsiderate fools.

I cannot belive what happened. I just got her back from the shop (had to fix bumper from prior fender bender) for no more than 2 days and now I have to bring her back in. I called Neshimany Auto Body and they said hopefully they can just fix it up rather than replace the whole door sheetmetal.

I got a police report and will head back to Neshaminy for an estimate. I love my Nsx, but gosh, there are too many haters in this world. I hate reading stuff like this on Prime, but I am sure many of you have experienced things that just darn piss u off.
I didn't take any pictures yet, but will soon. My Nsx is just sitting in my garage, me feeling like I let her down.

Sorry to hear that. What a nightmare--not only finding your car damaged but catching someone in the act!:mad: I hope those bastards get caught and be punished.

On the brighter side, you got there before they did a lot more damage or even worse the whole car gone. Or even pulling out a gun and demand your keys. Still it's hard to believe some think it's an easier life stealing things rather than working and earning them.

My NSX never got stolen, but my Legend (2.7) did. At that moment you feel so strange. I know where I parked it, in front of my door, but still went to look for it further down the street. I'm not a wealthy person, I work hard for my cars. Why can't people just keep their hands of the things that is not theirs. One thing is weird tho, after it was stolen I didn't want my Legend back in one piece, I wanted to see the thieve(s) killed in a road accident. That would have given me more sattisfaction than having my Legend back. After a couple weeks the police found it back, the Legend was standing in a public parking, with running engine, in the rain with sunroof opened. Radio, CD--changer, amp... everything gone, brakes worn. Lock forced and screwdriver in the ignintion. I found an M3 mirror and a front of a car-radio in the car. The thieves probably used my Legend for their nightly runs.
The car was never the same anymore, I had to sell it. Afterwards I heard it was a normal reaction of me. Police told me even that a lot of people move after someone brakes into their house... It's psychlogical thing, privacy has been violated.

So sorry to hear about what happened. I admire the fact that you are still so composed after it all. Referring to the scum as "inconsiderate fools" is an understatement, and if it was me my entire post would be four letter words. I can feel your pain. I have had my car broken into before (not the NSX-yet(?)) and even though they took like $5 in change, I still felt so violated. But the important thing is that YOU are ok. I love my car, and I know you do too, but it is still just a car. The thing to remember is that you are allright, and no one was hurt in the incident. The reason I say this is that Southern California has alot of carjacking incidents and it wouldn't be too hard to imagine an alternate scenario where, instead of running away, they decided to pull a gun. That's something I think about alot. I always told myself that if it's a situation like that, they can have the car (but then again cooperative people have been shot before too). In the end, it really is just a car, and the only thing that matters is that you are still in one piece. The car can (and will) be repaired to as new condition, but YOU can't be repaired so easily. Good luck (well better luck anyways).

You didn't let her down - you came to the rescue!!! You saved the beautiful princess. :D
If you hadn't come back when you did, she might have been gone, or had the entire door panel ripped off.

As I search for my NSX, I keep thinking about where I'd actually drive it. The mall? Walmart? The movies? Grocery store? Nope, because of stories like the one above. There was a thread recently about an NSX getting vandalized outside his boss' house. I'm pretty much reserved in the fact that if it's not in my garage, I'm going to be with it.

It makes me sick I can't enjoy my car as much as possible because I'm scared of someone screwing with it. I hope your repairs are quick and painless. Good luck.

Nick.

kld12 said:
What idiots and inconsiderate fools.
No, criminals such as they are, are lower than idiots or fools. Too bad you didn't get a plate number. :(

Actually, it's wise to move after someone breaks into your house.

1) Obviously your house is vulnerable and none of your neighbors saw or stopped them.

2) Obviously you live somewhere that thieves go to.

3) Thieves will often return in about two or three months to steal the new stuff you bought with the insurance money.

Yup, those people are out there.

Years back, a buddy of mine in CA had his new car broken into in the parking lot of his condo so he started doing a little late night watching from his balcony. A few nights later his time paid off, as the guy came back to his car again (note to prospective criminals - never return to the scene of the crime. Even if this was a different thug, he made bad choice in cars). Taking his compound bow with hunting arrow queued up from the closet, he waited until the guy broke the glass on his side window, then he shot him in the thigh. Nice shot from about 40 yds! Needless to say, that ended the robbery and the guy scampered away at best speed, bleeding in his shoe.

My bud then walked to the corner and called the police and told them to look for a bleeding thief in the area - and declined to give his name.

A little extreme? Perhaps - but sometimes you have to kill them, its the only way they'll learn.

-Ed

Man, this very thing happened to me last year around this time.
They would have to relace the whole door, you can't get just the sheet metal.
I know how I felt after discovering the whole, The door is still in my garage.
Sorry
Len

kld12 said:
I parked my car at the mall top deck, sunlight out. I start to walk towards my car when I see 3 thugs from a distance near the area. As I get closer, they jump into their car and drive away. (Didn't see plates or get a clear view of them)...

Sorry to hear about your car man....if you were close enough you should have chased their sorry butts down and showed them some 'justice'. I hope your car gets back soon.

A little extreme? Perhaps - but sometimes you have to kill them, its the only way they'll learn.

I wish you were my flatmate back in Oz!

Get a good alarm system...you even look sideways at my car and it will let you and everyone else know! Glad you saved her!

I second 1titensx,
I need an alarm like that too. Approach the car and it says in a night-rider tone; "Move along, nothing to see here."(punctuated by a pump-action shotgun being cocked 'sound effect'.):D

Or alternatively, hiring a security guard with an actual pump action shotgun:D :D

Good luck on getting your car repaired, i know how you feel!

nsxbuilder said:
...My bud then walked to the corner and called the police and told them to look for a bleeding thief in the area - and declined to give his name.

-Ed

Freaking awesome.... :D

nsxbuilder said:
-Ed

A friend of my fathers, big Alpine collector had once one stollen from his garage/warehouse. Since then, he booby-trapped (sp?) his cars using live handgrenades. :eek:
He once offered me a ride in a vintage one and I declined in case he would have forgotten something :D

Beware calling the po-po after injuring/firing at the would-be thieves. They are more concerned with the discharge and readily available person (that would be you) than the nowhere to be found scum who didn't injure/fire at anyone. I speak from experience. Let your satisfaction at dispensing some street justice be its own private reward.

So I had one estimate done today, about $1,500. Not too shabby. Could have been worse but it was not. Have to put it down in my unexpected expense column but hey, I'll take an Nsx with a small hole over most cars anyday.

Lotta people I know were like sell your Nsx; you don't drive it all the time anyways and it causes trouble wherever you go. But that's like giving up your first and only love, no matter what comes next, its insignificant.

Thanks for the encouragement guys, lovin the Nsx even more now.

Very sorry to hear about your luck.
I irritates the $H!T out of me hearing things like this.
As I search for my NSX, I keep thinking about where I'd actually drive it. The mall? Walmart? The movies? Grocery store? Nope, because of stories like the one above
I used to think the same way but now I don't care. I want to enjoy the car and not let the fear of what might happen stop me from doing it.
Makes me happy that I live in a near zero crime area
Lucky rascal.:D
I started a thread just the other day about something that happened to my NSX last Sat night concerning people messing with it.
I completely understand your emotions and feel you have handled it in a very calm manner.

Back