• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

purchasing advice

Hey guys, I'm new the forums. I am sick of working on my current car, and want a project car with more potential. After lots of research I have decided the NSX is the car for me. (to the point now) Do you guys have any suggestions how to find a 94-92 NSX less then 15 grand, to be a project car?

Thanks...

Only a heavily damaged NSX would go for that low. It will definitely needs lots of fixing, but since you are modifying your car anyway, it might work. If you are interested, check out the "NSX for sale" forum beneath -- there is one available right now.

Yeah, I saw that 'lightly rolled' one, I'm very curious what that means.. I work with a lot of corvette tuners and they thought the idea of 'lightly rolled' was pretty hilarious...

`Lightly roll-over` usually means damage roof top, plus whatever other else. Why don't you ask him for some picture?

Yep, I was in the process of sending an email... Thanks for all your advice, it is nice to know there are nice/helpful people at this forum..

Ask for Lance at: linkmotorsport.com. This guy would be able to help.

I would be weary of the fact that even at below $20K, you would approach the cost of a non-damaged NSX with the repairsa of a rollover...............unless you are doing all of the labor yourself!
:cool:

EricJC,

Please take Jay's advice on this one. I would make a few calls to body shops that you know that work an aluminum cars. I think you will understand what Jay is saying when you get some base pricing for even fender repairs.

This is an area of these cars that will wake you up financially really quickly :eek:

Good Luck,
LarryB

I know where you are coming from EricJC

I sold my 98 Integra GSR with a Greddy 18G Turbo kit, full suspension and brakes. It ran high 12's and kicked some ass on the road courses, but just couldn't "hang" with the Zo6's, Vipers, Ferrari's, etc on the track, or even just being "worthy" in the paddock. I stepped up to a 91 NSX and have zero regrets. I did pay more than $15k, but spend a little more and it will be worth it. Put it on a home equity loan for 5 yrs, or do like I did.....added my (paid for) 00 car on the loan just to qualify for a 60 month term. It is just a paper trick.

Back