• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Quarter Million Miles!

I know there is a high mileage thread, but 250,000 miles is a milestone. Original engine/drivetrain. She drives like a new car. These cars are really amazing as long as you take care of them. For anyone hesitant to purchase a high mileage car, don't let the miles prevent you from buying the car you want.

Attachments

• NSX miles.jpg
    NSX miles.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 549
congratulations,that's a real achievement. i would be interested to know your oil type,change interval,other basic maintenance stuff,and if anything substantial broke.

Last edited:
Congrats!

Have you done a compression test, curious to know how much it is really like a new car power wise (by the numbers).

I wonder when a car engine gets older, how things change power wise and where usually the power loss is RPM wise.

Last edited:
He uses Mobil One High mileage and OEM oil Filter as I do this for him. as for how often we try for every other month. no matter the miles

his car feels very strong and takes corners like your on rails

- - - Updated - - -

and we use "Gm Syncromesh friction modified" ( cocktail ) in the tranny

shawn,what's your mixture on the synchromesh cocktail,some do 2/3 friction modified,1/3 regular,some do 50/50

and do you get it online or locally,it's almost impossible to find around here.

update,reread some old posts.looks like you do 2/3 fm 1/3 regular

Last edited:
Congrats. That's great to hear having just purchased a 91 with 90k. I expect to drive it a lot!

That's impressive.

This is awesome, congratulations. So I guess my '91 with 95K on it is barely broken in. I've always loved Honda's reliability. My '90 Prelude had 220K on it and still running fine when I gave it up for the S2000.

Congratulations as well! If Tyson is complimenting you, trust me he knows what he is talking about!

you should get an oil analysis for academic interrest

Congrats on an awesome milestone. I want to be like you when I grow up. However, there's just under 90K on mine so I have a lot more enjoyment to go. I have a friend here in San Antonio who's the original owner of a bone stock, silver 91 with 313K. But, you'd have a tough time guessing the mileage was over 100K. These cars will run forever with the proper care.

Last edited:
how many clutches have you been through?

Back