• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Racing Pedals engineered for the NSX available soon!

Originally posted by KGP:
I would like to see a template lay-over of OEM versus these pedals for a size comparison. Looks to me like the throttle pedal, at least, is much larger than stock. I would also like to see the installation instructions.

The brake, clutch, and dead pedals are identical in size to the stock pedals. The accelerator has an "extension" on the side to allow better heal toe shifting. We put the extension higher up on the pedal (most others are lower) to better match the position of the brake pedal in the NSX.

Here is a copy of the installation instructions: http://www.autovation.net/articles/tech/Pedal/tech.htm

We installed the first set tonight on a members car. However, the NSX will not be driven until early next week due to this members urge to race motorcycles this weekend.
cool.gif

------------------
Anthony Hensley
www.autovation.net

Originally posted by JDM JUNKIE:
Hi,
Firstly, I like the look of these pedals you are working on, and price is very resaonable. I am however concered about grip. I don't know if the rasied edges will suffice. I have the mugen set now which retail for $135 not $170+, and the grip is great! Oh, and the center is not glued on sand paper it's a tightly woven metal mesh. Come on now it's MUGEN!!! Maybe pricy but quality can't be matched, hey kind of like the NSX.-HA! Be nice it's my first post.

The quality of these pedals it TOP notch and the grip they provide is excellant. The logo is functional and actually helps provide grip also. The accelerator of course is extremely smooth to allow your foot to slide with ease. And of course the dead pedal (a CNC programming nightmare!) does not come with the Mugen set.

Originally posted by Autovation2:
We installed the first set tonight on a members car. However, the NSX will not be driven until early next week due to this members urge to race motorcycles this weekend.
cool.gif

Hey Interested purchasers. Tony and I spent a couple of hours installing the pedals to my car last night and like Tony said, I am getting ready for my first race this weekend. So, The focus right now is not on the car...that's next weekend
smile.gif
at CMP in Columbia, SC.
However, the look and feel of these pedals are great. After Tony left, I DID play around on them while Ken was testing his bike. My test?... I sprayed some water on them and try to slip my foot with the shoes I had on. They did not slip as much as I would have thought a metal pedal would. In fact they stuck pretty good. I can't comment on how they would work at a track event with other chemicals involved, but these pedals felt pretty good and they look even better.
The Dead pedal would screw into the the stock part, So, if you wanted to remove them, two small holes would remain. I wouldn't think you notice the holes after removal. The rest of the pedal would be install without the rubber pedal covers.
Tony asked me about the logo and what I wanted to have on them. I chose NSX on the clutch and brake in the beaded finish. The ones pictured above are mine. After this weekend, I'll clean the floor mats (TONY) and get better pictures for everyone.
And FYI, I do not have any interest in the sell of these parts or any investment with his company. I met him about two years ago at a car event. We just recently hooked back up again and he told me about the company he started. Tony needed some help on the pedal size and the purchase of an NSX. So, I am helping to get out of a 300z
smile.gif

***I had to get that in Tony****

[This message has been edited by chudson1549 (edited 27 March 2003).]

Originally posted by chudson1549:
Hey Interested purchasers. Tony and I spent a couple of hours installing the pedals to my car last night and like Tony said, I am getting ready for my first race this weekend. So, The focus right now is not on the car...that's next weekend
smile.gif
at CMP in Columbia, SC.
However, the look and feel of these pedals are great. After Tony left, I DID play around on them while Ken was testing his bike. My test?... I sprayed some water on them and try to slip my foot with the shoes I had on. They did not slip as much as I would have thought a metal pedal would. In fact they stuck pretty good. I can't comment on how they would work at a track event with other chemicals involved, but these pedals felt pretty good and they look even better.
The Dead pedal would screw into the the stock part, So, if you wanted to remove them, two small holes would remain. I wouldn't think you notice the holes after removal. The rest of the pedal would be install without the rubber pedal covers.
Tony asked me about the logo and what I wanted to have on them. I chose NSX on the clutch and brake in the beaded finish. The ones pictured above are mine. After this weekend, I'll clean the floor mats (TONY) and get better pictures for everyone.
And FYI, I do not have any interest in the sell of these parts or any investment with his company. I met him about two years ago at a car event. We just recently hooked back up again and he told me about the company he started. Tony needed some help on the pedal size and the purchase of an NSX. So, I am helping to get out of a 300z
smile.gif

***I had to get that in Tony****

[This message has been edited by chudson1549 (edited 27 March 2003).]

I am ready to begin accepting orders via PayPal. I have set up a group buy ordering page for NSXprime members only. Please include your screenname in the "notes" section.

Here is the link to the ordering form:
http://www.autovation.net/groupbuy/body.html

When Charles vacuums his carpet, we'll have some installed pictures. We took a couple of pictures before. Maybe I can get someone to photoshop the dirty carpet out of the pics!
biggrin.gif

BTW, if you haven't seen (or HEARD) his NSX lately, I will definitely be posting some pictures shortly. It sounded SWEET, it made the B&B on my TTZ sound quiet by comparison!

I will be in an NSX very shortly, still deciding between a mint '95 or a higher mileage '97... I'm keeping an eye on the Cybernation turbo kits and the differences between the power output on a 3.0L and a 3.2L. That will be a major factor in my descision.

Sent you money. Let me know when they ship!

smile.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

Hey hey the car is always clean!! :) I had another chance to drive my car yesterday and I'm really liking them pedals. Tony when you want to tak ethe shots let me know. The carpet is cleaned ;)

Is there any difference between the 97 and pre 97 pedals. If not I'll be purchasing a pair as well.

**UPDATE**

I just sent Tony the pics of the installed pedals. I also told him that I would like you guys know that when you install these pedals, it will be so much easier if you remove the lower trim panels and the horizontal brace.

You will have so much room to drill and there will not be any possiblity in scratching your interior pieces :eek:

There are a total of twelve (12) screws to remove. All using a stubby large phillips head screwdriver. Very easy to do

1) Look under your dash were the light is located. Remove two (2) pan head black color screws. theis panel will drop down. Pull it out of the supports near the steering column. Be careful of the light and chime wire. Unplug these.

2) Look for two (2) more of the same screws for the upper trim. The top is secured with those metal pressure clips. Gently pull from the top and out the panel comes.

3) next you will see six (6) brass color machine screws. remove these and the metal panel.

4) there will be a small cross brace attached with two (2) hex head phillips bolts. Remove these and the brace. Voila!! room to drill.
If you have a small drill, you forget this :) I need room. It will also help to STEP your drilling!! Do not try to do it with one big bit. It will take longer and the results will be nice. Mark carefully, we don't want any crooked pedals out there :p

Hope this helps

Charles

NSX2NV said:
Is there any difference between the 97 and pre 97 pedals. If not I'll be purchasing a pair as well.

I am unsure if it will fit on a '97+ model. I recall someone posting there is a difference, does anyone have a picture that we can use to compare?

Thank you,
-Tony

AutoVation said:
I am unsure if it will fit on a '97+ model. I recall someone posting there is a difference, does anyone have a picture that we can use to compare?

Thank you,
-Tony

I can post picture of 2002 pedals. How do you want it to look?

Newton

pedals from a 98

AutoVation said:

Here is a photo from a '98 for reference. Looks the same to me.

Attachments

• 640w-143-4338_img.jpg
    640w-143-4338_img.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,421
spike said:
Sent payment last night.. anyone recieve confirmation of payment and when these are arriving?

R

I received an email from them today confirming that got my payment. They just said they will contact me again when they ship it out sometime within the next two weeks.

AutoVation said:

Thank you,
-Tony

If someone can post the measurement on the earlier models, we can compare if there is any variation over the years.

I will post the measurement from the left edge of the oem gas pedal to the right edge of the brake pedal on a 98-T using a direct measuremnet without adjusting for pedal distances ........ if there is a better measurement (such as from the the shaft) I will try that too ...... let me know.

I would have preferred a slighly larger (perhaps 20%) brake/clutch pedals.

hey tony,

i'd like a set of the nsx logo matte pedals too. I have no idea what paypal is, i also live in japan. I've got a credit card though!

Please mail me for associated postage costs and payment methods ta!

[email protected]

ive sent you a mail via your website also :)

interested in a set for an auto Right Hand Drive, will it fit ?? and the costs including shipment to Hong Kong.
we have a club here with 30 odd cars still left so it may be more future biz.

ajnsx said:
hey tony,

i'd like a set of the nsx logo matte pedals too. I have no idea what paypal is, i also live in japan. I've got a credit card though!

Please mail me for associated postage costs and payment methods ta!

[email protected]

ive sent you a mail via your website also :)

Aaron,
I have replied to your e-mail. Don't forget to double check the right-hand drive pedals!
Thank you,
-Tony

thanks anthony,
got the reply, expect payment this week or early next week! Thanks again for the prompt response.
Aaron J. :)

Back