• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Really cool shift light GB only need 3 people.

That's perfect! This option saves me from having to hack this apart. Is the price the same?
Here is an email I just got:

Hi Dave,

I could organise 10 units at $139 each for you. Shipping $28 by courier with online tracking.

We do have a custom unit. It's not an advertised item as it often generates a lot of overhead in tech support, with only a few actually buying them. It is essentially a small box that you hide out of sight, then wire the LEDs, buttons and light sensor to. The LEDs are not supplied, as this is dependent on the custom installation. The two buttons and light sensor are provided. This unit was designed to specifically make it easier for people to integrate the lights for custom jobs, as the normal production units are far too difficult to use for this type of application. If you are definitely keen to consider the option, please let me now and I'II send you further info.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm seeing this thing where the clock is with the clock buttons replaced by this things buttons under the flap. With a solid extended plate out to the right of the clock to create enough room for the LED's.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UMRvl4Glyz4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

1. Turbo2go (flat, multi-color)
2. Rogue motorsports (??, blue)
3. doc Tai ( flat, multi-color)
4. 02#154 one (flat, multi-color)
5. 02#154 two (flat, multi-color)
6. Ryu (flat, green/yellow/red)
7. CL65 Captain (flat, multi-color)
8. Local friend of turbo2go
9. SOURCENSX - Curved Blue/Red
10. NSXRAY1 - (not sure yet)

Ryu the custom kit is pretty cool. I have a pdf. How do I get that on here? will photobucket upload a pdf file?

lol just have a passenger tells you when to shift

Then they may want to hold your stick.

- - - Updated - - -

17a58b422d42d6115e863def34178b4d_zps634f2cef.jpg

ff44f2d0985876605d0d2d74b788d013_zps4324bee1.jpg

e61e309c4a4603308a3f4c7a21d3393d_zps765e97f7.jpg

0775f5ee3caeec2a4c4bd40748049f7f_zpsdb65735c.jpg

1. Turbo2go (flat, multi-color)
8. Local friend of turbo2go
11. Greg-TT - (flat, multi-color)

Ok we have enough people I will close this out on Wednesday or something. Guys he won't ship to various addresses as its coming from AU. I will just buy them all so we can get shipment by one package to the U.S. then I can send them to you directly from me. I am putting my own money up to get these so I hope everyone is committed.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Turbo2go (DIY custom box)
8. Local friend of turbo2go (flat, RGB)

I actually may want this for my SFWD hatch - I should be home before you close the thread out to make sure it is going to fit okay where I am thinking of putting it...

Consider this positive confirmation on my commitment to two units as specified in the list.

Thanks, TURBO2GO.

J

As always, I am tentative on the sideline subject for more specifics - so what's new heh?!

Short of using the Type-R shift light - which I think is well applied, or the simpleton one offered by DaliRacing, this seems to be a good option especially with its turn-off switch. I agree with Dave that unless you are on the track or "in the mood" this can quickly become quite annoying. The beeping sound is not the best but perhaps needed to be audible at the track; not sure if they offer other sound options. And perhaps its just my visual, the LED lights appear to be too bright/glaring and this can be a distraction.

A few more feedback from those who have actually used it on/off the track would be helpful.

Hrant the brightness is adjustable. And you can turn it off. And you can fully program it. And there is a custom version. And you have group buy pricing. What else do you want? A free sham-wow?

Sham-wow would be nice LOL! I am not as visual as your text implies as to how the custom version will fit, or even the basic model. If the basic model sits on top of the steering column, how much of the dash does it obstruct (as in can you see if the trunk light being open? For the custom version, if its where the clock goes, that negates the use of an OEM Nav pod - but for those using the Nav pod for gauges, perhaps it can be incorporated in the same area as the gauges?

The DaliRacing is quite flat - hard to tell if this one is equally flat or has a higher arc. Details, details ......

Edit: DaliRacing no longer offers this product; the new version is by Zublin's which uses the e-brake as flashing light with sound, unless you want to drill the dall to insert a flashing lightbulb.

Last edited:
Custom doesn't go in the clock I said that's where I might put mine, custom version needs custom work drilling for LED's, etc. it's not for everyone. The size you can see by the video. Barely bigger than your index finger. I doubt it'd going to obstruct anything. Anyway if you want to wait you can always order one later on your own. You will just pay more.

My plan is to place the LEDs in the tachometer itself. Same as the E46 M3. I'm in contact with a custom dial manufacturer but not sure if they're willing to do a one-off for me :(

I want something like this... but only have the Shift-I green lights start around 6,000 rpm to redline.
DR-00042-3.jpg

While considering a dial looking like this...
F430_Tachometer_by_notbland.jpg

Dave, don't get me wrong - it appears to be a good product.

If the basic is installed over the steering column - the most practical place, I do believe for some taller drivers who push back their seats to almost max, the arc will inhibit a visual of the trunk light and perhaps the doors too for the Shift-I has a higher arc than say DaliRacing's old version. The best way for you or others to confirm this - depending on your seating/steering position - is to try it with a mock-up piece. I have to lower the steering from its highest position in order to be able to see the open trunk light and pushing the steering further down is not an option with the OEM seat cushion.

Hrant I would think there are other places to put it too. It's so small. You can attach it to the rear view mirror even. Or to the left of the gauge housing or something... You can even make a pod and put it outside peeking out of your hood... Hemi Cuda style... LOL

Trying to further reduce the load on my brain at the track I have been looking for a good sequential shift light. The best I have found is made by an Australian company, and it has had excellent reviews from real track guys. It's not cheap, but it isn't junk either. I contacted them and they were open to special pricing on a group buy. Only need 3 buyers (two other than me) to get at least $20 off. More buyers means more discount. It is $169/1 and $148/3 and probably less for more buyers.

Here is a video:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o1A7zbzB0oA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

If interested in one please sign up. If we get enough interest I will have them sign up here as a vendor.

1.Turbo2Go
Nsx 27.. I'm in

Please copy and paste and specify what kind.

12. NSX27

Hi Dave, i am interested in the custom box. Can you let me know the approximate shipping to Hong Kong? Thanks!

EK, he can ship one to ypu direct, it's $20 the cheap way and $30 with tracking and signature. Let me know which you'd like to do.

For myself? Yes, the custom kit. Mainly because I like "projects" I have no time for and I like to pile up parts in my house for years until I get around to an install.

I will start the official GB this weekend. Please keep your eye on this thread. I will post a link, I would like to place the orders by tuesday

I'm interested in this, hopefully pricing will be decent w/ this many ppl.

12. NSX27