• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacement fenders!?

Hello, I really hope I have posted this in the correct spot. I recently hit a nasty pot hole/drop off and cracked and bent my front fenders. I know, I should have kept my wheel straight instead of trying to miss it/them. As replacements are a little expensive, I was wondering about ordering a pair of ebay carbon fiber fenders for $850 and having them painted. Am I crazy? Does anyone have any experience with these? I am not a perfectionist but I also don't want glaring defects. I still want to be able to attract the ladies in case my wife leaves me someday. Thank you for any advice.

Would the science of speed fenders require wider front tires to not look lame? I currently only have 215s. I don't generally track this car.

Since you dont track i think the downforce fenders from science of speed would be a great choice. You might need a small spacer to make it look better. My 2 cents.

As fragile as the Oem Nsx fenders already are, I would never buy fiberglass ones. The Oem fenders are already feather light. Unless you wanna run wider tires, I would certainly stick with Oem. Fiberglass is the worst material for a car I have ever come accross.

Your judgement is sound...regarding the wife and keeping fit/looking good. ;)

I have held quite a few fenders and they are already super light. The only way I would consider non-OEM is if I needed something wider.

That said, I have a drivers fender. If you don't find any, shoot me a PM.

^What speed master said. I remember handing mine off to my painter. He was like wtf, these are made from metal? They are ridiculously light...

Last edited:
Unless you are building a track car or doing a wide body kit, I would just stick to OEM. It's an NSX not a Civic or Eclipse. So, don't do things to this car on the cheap. You'll likely regret it. Even if I had bought a ragged out NSX, I'd feel the same way. There are used OEM fenders out there that would be significantly better and might add to or maintain the value of your car.

Thank you for the advice. And I agree. I might try and have the fenders repaired and if I don't like how they come out, find some clean ones. I do know a really good aluminum welder.

Back