• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Require some advice on a few odds & ends

Hey Primers, sorry to bother you but I had my NSX up on a hoist today to check a few things out and came up with a few issues, just wondering if anyone could chip in and let me know which of these if any are common and the best way to go about fixing them is, I'm a little bit handy and willing to give anything a go myself provided its not to extreme.

Issue 1: knocking whilst driving, found the steering rack knuckle on the lhs (australian delivered) to be quite loose but as it extends into the steering rack so its not as simple as just changing the tie rod, is there any kind of adjustment that may fix this, or does the rack need to be replaced/ overhauled?

Issue 2: Oil leak coming from what appears to be the oil pressure switch? has anyone seen this before, its in a hell of a tricky spot tucked away behind the starter motor wondering what the best way of going about fixing this leak is.

Issue 3: Oil leak from unknown source, can anyone identify what this is? I may start with tightening the 10mm bolts and cleaning it and see if it returns but it has me a little stumped.

Issue 4: taillights filling with condensation, removed lhs about 2 weeks ago and managed to drain all water and get rid of the condensation but it has return quite quickly, is there any kind or kit to overhaul these lights and perhaps re-seal them properly? if so where is my best bet at searching for this.

I apologies if these are stupid questions But I would like to get as many answers as I can and get everything fixed within a close time frame.

I can help you with #4 - You can get a new set of gaskets, right, center, and left, for under a hundred bucks U.S. from any of the Honda or Acura dealers who sell on line. That should clear up your tail light issue.

Back