• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RIP Amy Winehouse

hey, she partied hard and enjoyed her life... can't say it was a bad thing.

Interesting point of view. I doubt her family and friends would share your opinion though.

she made her choice. she did not want help. in the end it is her life. its not opinion, it is fact.

she made her choice. she did not want help. in the end it is her life. its not opinion, it is fact.

I used to think like this as well. Then I grew up and realized my actions effect those around me, especially the ones I care about.:rolleyes:

Yea its your life. You were also given that life by someone who most likely would like to see you enjoy it to the fullest, in its entirety, not go out in a convulsing daze with your heart pounding out of your chest and eyes in the back of your head, or however this dumb ass died. I have no sympathy for users that over indulge and throw away things that people could only dream of and willingly hurt the people around them.

Last edited:

I am not doubting the fact that she did not want or accept help. So, that may be or is fact. Saying it isn't a bad thing is what I debate.. I might WANT to be 100 yards from an incredible tornado (yes, I am a storm chaser), but my common sense tells me not to. I think my family and friends would agree.

Last edited:
hey, she partied hard and enjoyed her life... can't say it was a bad thing.
Really, what kind of example is that setting for her fans? It's not a bad thing, it's a very bad thing. I can't see how she enjoyed her life, she was only 27. Her life was just starting.

Her decisions were not rational. Her decisions were clouded by drugs. So, when she declined assistance, she was not able to make a rational decision. Just like when a depressed person commits suicide.

To say that she played hard and made her choices is missing the point entirely.

A race car driver, assuming they're not on drugs or impaired, knows the risks and proceeds accordingly. If he should be killed in a race doing the thing he loved, I could understand the "partied hard and enjoyed his life" sentiment. Accidents happen. But in Winehouse's case, she got caught in the spiral of drug abuse and there's no way she able make her own choices and truly live her life without the drugs altering the decision.

-J

Last edited:
I used to think like this as well. Then I grew up and realized my actions effect those around me, especially the ones I care about.:rolleyes:

Yea its your life. You were also given that life by someone who most likely would like to see you enjoy it to the fullest, in its entirety, not go out in a convulsing daze with your heart pounding out of your chest and eyes in the back of your head, or however this dumb ass died. I have no sympathy for users that over indulge and throw away things that people could only dream of and willingly hurt the people around them.

maybe it was just her time and she would have gone one way or another. i don't know exactly how death works, but what i do know is that we are on this planet for a finite amount of time and we should enjoy it.

never been a drug user myself, but many people live their lives for that reason alone... and they love it. there is no changing them. if they change, they live in constant desire for drugs and they are miserable and they might even resent you for it.

i'm happy for your family and friends that you are curbing your actions to make them happy, but i would never force someone i cared about to be miserable for my own happiness. some will grow up over time, but some never do. fighting with them makes no one happy and life is just too short for that.

yeah i have a different perspective on life, but i've cheated death a few times and seen far too much death in my life. it doesn't matter how you live your life, you can go just like that...

Really, what kind of example is that setting for her fans? It's not a bad thing, it's a very bad thing. I can't see how she enjoyed her life, she was only 27. Her life was just starting.

well she's dead, i doubt she cares. even when she was alive, she clearly did not care. by saying its not a bad thing, i meant its not bad for her... she enjoyed her life which is more than many can say.

and in the same sense, my friend was miserable and in pain... when he died at a young age, i can at least be happy for him in that he no longer suffers. of course i miss him, but it would be selfish of me to want him around...

sadly many people slip away right before our eyes in plain sight..they create thier own reality and without sanity /reason the end result is often death.Look at MJ....he found a nut job doctor to esentialy anesthesize him just to go to sleep...I think being a parent has changed how I view these types of cases.

Her decisions were not rational. Her decisions were clouded by drugs. So, when she declined assistance, she was not able to make a rational decision. Just like when a depressed person commits suicide.

To say that she played hard and made her choices is missing the point entirely.

A race car driver, assuming they're not on drugs or impaired, knows the risks and proceeds accordingly. If he should be killed in a race doing the thing he loved, I could understand the "partied hard and enjoyed his life" sentiment. Accidents happen. But in Winehouse's case, she got caught in the spiral of drug abuse and there's no way she able make her own choices and truly live her life without the drugs altering the decision.

-J

Well said, Jimbo. I hope she's in a much better place now.

never been a drug user myself, but many people live their lives for that reason alone... and they love it. there is no changing them. if they change, they live in constant desire for drugs and they are miserable and they might even resent you for it.

i'm happy for your family and friends that you are curbing your actions to make them happy, but i would never force someone i cared about to be miserable for my own happiness. some will grow up over time, but some never do. fighting with them makes no one happy and life is just too short for that.

Wow, you can't be serious. I cant believe someone wouldn't stop, as much as possible, a loved one from making a stupid decision that forever alter their quality of life and quite likely kill them. I just can't.

Interesting point of view. I doubt her family and friends would share your opinion though.

I feel sorry for her family because they tried to help her, as was evident by her dad speaking out and trying to help her years ago. But her "friends"? Majority of people she surrounded herself with are enablers who are probably out right now shooting up and boozing. I doubt she had many true friends, maybe just a handful who cared about her just enough to completely remove themselves from her circle. You don't make good caring friends leading that lifestyle.

This is unfortunate but anyone who is surprised by this must be blind. I can foresee the same happening to Lindsay Lohan or Charlie Sheen someday, and that won't be surprising either.

‎"Winehouse died at the same age as four other music legends. Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison each died of drug overdoses when they were 27. Kurt Cobain was 27 when he committed suicide, soon after his release from rehab." - CNN

Modern day Janis Joplin. Although this stuff seems as though its been going on since the beginning of time it becomes more concerning once you have children. Art, music, creativity seems to couple itself with drugs or maybe it's what sells records. Vinny V. did his best work while zooted on Absinthe but there wasn't any tabloids back then.

Any suicide is the end-result of a lot of pain in a fellow human being. A beautiful young woman took her own life. That is really sad. I wish more people would feel the need to be compassionate instead of the need to be judgmental. RIP Amy

Amy-Winehouse-Back-to-Black.jpg

if you do drugs and or abuse alcohol then its fire your playing with

you make the bed you sleep in. in her case she made the coffin and now is sleeping in it.

oh well

see-ya wouldnt wanna be ya

hmmm so are only posts that feel compasion for her allowed here
what a joke.

Yea, God forbid we hold folks accountable for their own actions in this day and age.

Condolescences to her family who probably tried many times in vain to help her with her demons.

Sad she joined the Forever 27 Club. (musicians who died at age 27—Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, and Kurt Cobain)

On the day she died, Dave Mustaine commented that he wishes she would have said "yes, yes, yes. He would know. He's been there and done that. Glad we didn't lose him.

Back