• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ristner - new owner, new member from Sweden

Hi all people on the Prime. I am new here but you have seen me before!<O:p></O:p>
I couple of months ago I bought a blue 2001 from "your" Gary Berger, Arkansas. He posted a picture here which I send to him from the occasion when the car arrived to Sweden and me and my father proudly admiring it.<O:p></O:p>
<O:p> </O:p>
We are only 40 NSX.s here in Sweden so the knowledge about the car is limited and therefore everything is three times as expensive here than in your country.<O:p></O:p>
So, I have two questions I would like to see if any of you have an answer to. I really would be grateful for your answers.<O:p></O:p>
1. It is time to do the timing belt and there are some special tools required to make it as easy as possible – which ones and where to find them and how to use them - is there a manual how to do the work?<O:p></O:p>
2. Is there clear glass to the front side marker to buy?<O:p></O:p>
I have seen the remarkably knowhow in your club so I do hope somebody know the answer to my questions.<O:p></O:p>
This really is the car of my dreams ever since -91 when seeing it on a fair. Before this it has been ten Hondas from Civic and Accord to Prelude and Legend (Before that there, of course, were some Swedish Saabs… and Fords!). So this, my last car, I will drive till they pull my license.<O:p></O:p>
Pictures on<O:p></O:p>
http://www.garaget.org/BjorNSX<O:p></O:p>
Thanks for letting me be a part of your club and I hope my English is readable.<O:p></O:p>
Björn Ristner<O:p></O:p>
[email protected]<O:p></O:p>

Bjorn, take good care of my car, I might want to buy it back someday! :smile:

Good to know, Gary:smile: But I really hope I never will have to sell it to anyone!! But, life is getting harder for everyday even here in Sweden.
Björn

Ristner: your "new owner from Sweden" post reminded me of a poem my father often recited 60 years ago (he immigrated from Norway, my mother from Sweden).

"Ten thousand Swedes
dashed through the weeds,
chased by one Norwegian.

The dust of the weeds
made snoose for the Swedes
in the battle of Copenhagen"

I have visited Sweden and Norway; both are very beautiful countries. Welcome to Prime.

Got you beat- 70. I autocross a MINI Cooper S and use my NSX for my morning coffee run to Starbucks. I don't have the driving abilities I had when I was younger, that's for sure.

Got you beat- 70. I autocross a MINI Cooper S and use my NSX for my morning coffee run to Starbucks. I don't have the driving abilities I had when I was younger, that's for sure.
I feel beaten! God to know we can have fun for many a years to come. I normally drive a Legend to work. I work as I consultant as a mech. engineer. Hoping to end work soon to be able to take my NSX to some morning coffee shop. It is still not registered but it is winter here so I will wait to spring to register.

C'mon old chaps :smile:. We will all be at your age one day. I'm 36 and started to ride a snowboard (or it rides me, maybe). WELCOME!!!

Bjorn, take good care of my car, I might want to buy it back someday! :smile:

Bjorn...I just heard you sold my car! You forgot to ask me first!! :(

Sorry Gary....
Have not heared from you in all these years so I did not think you were interested..... What would you have payed????
Björn

Bjorn, sorry for the delayed reply, I just started a new job driving autonomous vehicles and the hours are odd.
I don't know what I would have paid to get 00001 back, but the cost to convert the taillights back to original spec
and to ship it back to the USA would probably be too much. And, it has more wear and miles now, too.
I hope the new owner takes good care of "our" car!

Gary

Gary
....well, wear and tear is almost the same as when I got it, really!
The odometer shows 49000 miles now. Made one timebelt change.
Sold it to a Honda collector who also is a Honda dealer in the Netherlands. He wanted one of the "few" paddle shifters made and the blue colour. Got $64.000 - a lot more $ than I paid but the dollar is about 50% more expensive to the swedish sek than 11 years ago. Still - I did not lose any money and I had a lot of fun with the car. So thanks for the time with it.

Gary
....well, wear and tear is almost the same as when I got it, really!
The odometer shows 49000 miles now. Made one timebelt change.
Sold it to a Honda collector who also is a Honda dealer in the Netherlands. He wanted one of the "few" paddle shifters made and the blue colour. Got $64.000 - a lot more $ than I paid but the dollar is about 50% more expensive to the swedish sek than 11 years ago. Still - I did not lose any money and I had a lot of fun with the car. So thanks for the time with it.

I'm glad you had fun with the car. I hope the new owner posts his adventures with it.

Back