• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RSX Shoot (Spoon, Advan, J's Racing, Mugen, Arc, etc)

Shot this car a few weeks ago. Please check out the feature article & full feature here.

Here are my pics:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

Great photos Synth19, I picked up a 7D and a 16-35 L lens a couple weeks ago. Im excited to get out and see what it can do. What kind of rig are you using?

Great photos Synth19, I picked up a 7D and a 16-35 L lens a couple weeks ago. Im excited to get out and see what it can do. What kind of rig are you using?

Thanks, I'm using a 40d and 10-22 for my rig shots. Not sure if the 16-35 is wide enough though on a crop for rig shooting, unless you get a long boom. I like shooting @ 10mm. I'm tempted to get the 7d, but holding off until next year because I want a full frame. 5dmIII (crossing fingers for 2011 release).

Superb photos Synth! What lens and setup are you using for the motion shots?

Thanks, see above. Also I used a 3 stop ND filter. I have a 6 stop, but wasn't needed in this case.

Thanks. I think My GTR rig shots were my best (3 times a charm). The RSX was my second attempt.

Equipment again:

-Six 2" od .125 wall (4' length) aluminum poles (I'm only using 4 of them)
-Pins inserted in drilled holes
-Three Manfrotto Super Clamps
-Two Manfrotto Avenger F1000 Suction Cups
-One Manfrotto Magic Arm

I went with the MK II and im loving it. The camera itself is way advanced then my previous Rebel XT. It took me a few days to get use to it!

Thanks, I'm using a 40d and 10-22 for my rig shots. Not sure if the 16-35 is wide enough though on a crop for rig shooting, unless you get a long boom. I like shooting @ 10mm. I'm tempted to get the 7d, but holding off until next year because I want a full frame. 5dmIII (crossing fingers for 2011 release).

I think your right, I will need a more wide angle lens for the rig shots. I think I will look into another lens in the future. My other lens is a EF 70-200mm L lens which can get pretty heavy if you dont have a tripod. Keep up the great work!

Pics look great as does the car... just not feeling the white rims.

Synth19, would you recommend the Canon 10-22mm f3.5-5.6 or Tokina 11-16mm f2.8? I take a lot of video with my Rebel T1i and can't decide between the two.

That car just looks fast lol. The engine is stuffed with parts. Great shots.

Is it hard to get excited shooting an RSX when you are the owner of one of the sickest NSX on Prime? :biggrin:

Back