• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2000/RSX Steering Wheel Adaptors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will check the local post office near the location you sent it to... If it doesn't come in the next few weeks, will you send me another.

The worst pain is having the new steering wheel, hub, knob, shift boot, extended thread stalk, red stitching and emblems all waiting to be put on.

It showed up today in the mail... Wow. Thanks bud. I knew it was coming eventually. I guess it was being held up at customs like I presumed.

For this latest round of recipients... if you don't mind, please take a few pics of how you manage to connect the wire & tuck the everything behind the airbag. I've got the wires tucked away such that I can install the airbag but that's where I gave up haha

Hey guys...

How snug was the fit of the adapter in to the hub as well as the adapter into the steering wheel?

Did it just slide right in with no effort?

D

Hey guys...

How snug was the fit of the adapter in to the hub as well as the adapter into the steering wheel?

Did it just slide right in with no effort?

D

Adapter into hub, fit like a glove. Adapter into wheel, bust out the drill!

Hi ,

I did reply before to your question....

The best way is to remove the white U shaped horn push part and then carefully route the wiring under it then replace. Make sure your wiring isn't pinched and that the horn push part when replace still presses down fully at all point to allow the horn to sound.

Hope this helps?

Gary

For this latest round of recipients... if you don't mind, please take a few pics of how you manage to connect the wire & tuck the everything behind the airbag. I've got the wires tucked away such that I can install the airbag but that's where I gave up haha

Any chance we can post some pics of the different wheel options? Flat bottomed s2k looks nice but would love a red h ... Maybe one of the new dc5, fn2 wheels fit?

L*

How come no one is posting any installed pics? are you guys just hoarding parts like I do?

mine's not in yet... I think most of us get multiple toys before we part with our car. lol

That way we can put them all in at once.

D

mine's not in yet... I think most of us get multiple toys before we part with our car. lol

That way we can put them all in at once.

D

LOL... I thought I was the only nut that did this. If anyone installs, it would be great if they could do a detailed write up with photos. And it'd be even better if someone would short the wires on the airbag and verify for sure that it works. Wingz said he will volunteer as the driver.

Seriously we just need one guy with an old bent or worn S2k wheel, everyone pitches in $10 to buy it, and one person that knows how shorts the airbag deployment sensor and forces it to deploy. If it deploys, we know 100% it works, everyone has peace of mind. Is this an unreasonable or undesirable thing to want to do? I'll pitch in a few $ for a cheap S2K bag/wheel.

Can someone tell me if the hub and adapter fits snug enough to have very little play or does it have a lot of play to spin in a circle?

Tried pming Haggadah but his box is full

Sorry guys... Haven't been back here in a long time.

1.) Feels AMAZING. One of the best mods that I have ever done. It feels like I'm driving the car the way it was meant to be driven.

2.) Use the SOS short hub.

You won't regret it. It truly looks and feels OEM to me.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back