• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saw fast and Furious last night

Both, my old GT-One v.2 and Bel Canto. They had my car multiple times.

to bad they dont have IMAX of F&F... would love to hear both of those exhausts SURROUND SOUND

Why couldn't they use the white wheels?

I just got back from watching this movie and i did not think it was very good, even by FF standards. Maybe because we have already seen practically every scene is the previous films or maybe because i expected more because i knew an NSX was in it.

I found the cars in the parking lot more entertaining than the film.

Vance's car did look good but if you've seen the trailer then you have seen the extent of its appearance in the film.

Too many recycled vehicles from the previous FF movies and too little car talk for my taste. It seemed like the vehicles featured in this film were an after thought and thats a shame because judging by the audience and the parking lot more people came to see the cars than the actors or action in the film.

Nothing new here.

The light reflection, they had some problem with white color when you put next to dark cars.

As for the movie, one thing they tried really hard, but couldn't get away with it, is the ricer stereotype. They brought in more European and Muscle cars this time around.

Over all, I think this movie is on par with the first one, but with bigger budget and more crash and explosions. It was a shame not to see the R35 in the movie, they had a black one and a white one at the shoot. I wonder why decided against it.

When I dropped/picked my car from Universal Garage, I saw most of the wrecked cars. They had three of those orange Bmer and many R34 "stunt doubles."

Last edited:
hey vance

im guessing your car was the only "one" for the movie?

hey vance

im guessing your car was the only "one" for the movie?
Did you see the movie? There was a blue one for about 2 seconds.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but was wondering if Paul Walker or Vin Diesel learned how to act yet?

I am going to ask this even though i am watching the movie in two hours...

They are stealing gas from those tankers....and that is in mexico i heard??? I didn't know they had gasoline "trains" such as in Austrailia. Hence why i am a little confused. Each country and states have different regulations on semi-truck length and weight.

I enjoyed the cars from Tokyo Drift more than the cars in the new movie.
The audience did get excited when the R34 and the NSX (Vance's) showed up. At least the audience had good taste. :smile:

My review is 2 thumbs up. Sure a little was out there, but it was done in typical F&F style like the first which is part of its appeal. Vance's NSX had his plates on it still lol when it pulls up to the one house:biggrin:

When Mia asks why did you let Dom go............

I was about to shout out "cuz i owed him a 10sec car bitch!"

hahahahaha.

I stormed out of the theater when the cutaway animation of the NSX showed an eight cylinder engine. Right at the end :p

I am going to ask this even though i am watching the movie in two hours...

They are stealing gas from those tankers....and that is in mexico i heard??? I didn't know they had gasoline "trains" such as in Austrailia. Hence why i am a little confused. Each country and states have different regulations on semi-truck length and weight.

Its in the Dominican Republic. (which also had a very famous reggaeton rapper in it named Tego...they always have some kinda rapper in there films which I think is cool)

Here he is for those that didnt know:
TegoCalderon_012105_180.jpg

Anyway, overall I thought it was pretty good. That opening scene I thought was pretty crazy and i could atually see people in the crowd bracing themselves. But I do agree with they got away from the cars just a bit. The best car scene was the 3 lined up bumper to bumper at (I dont wanna ruin it so I wont say where) but they had the Spoon inspired yellow EG with the CF trunk....that thing is clean!

Good movie overall imo and Im glad they got back to the original cast....thinking a part 5 will come out? Cuz as much as people say they FnF movies suck...I have a feeling we'll see pictures or 10 to 15 NSX going to watch it US wide...lol

I saw it last night. I think it's better than the first. It has a much better story line. The characters are developed much better. Of course most of the car scenes are utterly ridiculous, but.... I guess that sells movie tickets. I've always been a fan of more realistic car chase scenes. Bullet, The Rock... some of this stuff is just silly. But over all, I'd give the movie a B+. I give the original a B-.
I was disappointed in how the NSX's were used. I'm glad they weren't jumping over tractor trailers with them or anything, but a little more screen time would've been nice. Hell I never even saw the blue one running. It was just sitting parked. But they'll use VW's out the ying yang. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I saw it last night. I think it's better than the first. It has a much better story line. The characters are developed much better. Of course most of the car scenes are utterly ridiculous, but.... I guess that sells movie tickets. I've always been a fan of more realistic car chase scenes. Bullet, The Rock... some of this stuff is just silly. But over all, I'd give the movie a B+. I give the original a B-.
I was disappointed in how the NSX's were used. I'm glad they weren't jumping over tractor trailers with them or anything, but a little more screen time would've been nice. Hell I never even saw the blue one running. It was just sitting parked. But they'll use VW's out the ying yang. Go figure. :rolleyes:

I liked the flick. Justin and i hit it up during the afternoon showing and them at night with the family. Thank god i didnt take the nsx the second time those fanbois were out in force

I was disappointed in how the NSX's were used. I'm glad they weren't jumping over tractor trailers with them or anything, but a little more screen time would've been nice. Hell I never even saw the blue one running. It was just sitting parked.
I talked to the auto casting guy about the amount of usage of my NSX, this is how he basically put it.

They want a NSX in the movie because the director like the car, but they cannot allowed the required budget to use it as a action car.

Imagine how many R34 they had to built just for this movie, and the rumor of 7 STi were used donated by Subaru, which did not cost them a dime. The R34 stun cars were built from empty shells, which cost almost nothing. Couple of used NSX with type R "look alike" conversion will cost them $40 plus grand.

From what I understand, my car, GT-3 and the "real" R34 were the rental cars and every thing else they built.

However, they might need to built couple of NSX to look like my if they decides to open the next movie from where it was left off.

I talked to the auto casting guy about the amount of usage of my NSX, this is how he basically put it.

They want a NSX in the movie because the director like the car, but they cannot allowed the required budget to use it as a action car.

Imagine how many R34 they had to built just for this movie, and the rumor of 7 STi were used donated by Subaru, which did not cost them a dime. The R34 stun cars were built from empty shells, which cost almost nothing. Couple of used NSX with type R "look alike" conversion will cost them $40 plus grand.

From what I understand, my car, GT-3 and the "real" R34 were the rental cars and every thing else they built.

However, they might need to built couple of NSX to look like my if they decides to open the next movie from where it was left off.

Sounds like typical Hollywood. Lets make a car movie for car lovers and then spend all of our budget on actors and explosions and hope someone will lend us a decent ride for a few scenes.:rolleyes:

Vance, did they really used the actual exhuast? I'll say, the theater we went to really sucked then... It's very wimpy. It didn't sound anything like a nsx, not to mention your car.

as an enthusiast, I really don't think they had done anywhere good job showing off the cars. Actually the end clip with Vance's car is one of the best one. Seems like the opening setting you up with a 'bang' and I was waiting for another finger nail bitting moment, and it failed to deliver.

They seem to keep the FandF cheeziness with that Navigation race. Which i see the drag race, street race, hollywood stunt and tokyo drift element in it. IMO, they could do better with the digital map, and what's up with some japanese school girl pic pops up with the Navi map???

BTW, did anyone noticed the orange 5 series sounds like a V10??

The whole movie had a serious tone of it, which I believed could have used couple "clown" characters lighting the movie up a little.

Overall I wouldn't say it's a waste of money, but if anyone hasn't watched it, wait for the DVD. (hey, you might see more cars in bonus footages)

Vance,

Saw the movie last night...I'm just excited to see a NSX in a movie..Your NSX-R sure looks amazing!! I just wish they've shown it a little longer but who knows maybe on the next sequel.:wink:

Did you see the movie? There was a blue one for about 2 seconds.

I saw it today and I really liked it. It was easily the best of the series and they did a good job with the characters.

Vance, your NSX at the end was AWESOME. Looked great and sounded even better. Made me want to pick up a black 2002 on my drive home. :)

There were a ton of people in the theater, so my guess is a sequel is on the way.

I want to know how that Charger keeps reserecting back to life.:confused: I thought it blew up in the cave. Next, Paul Walkers driving it around the prison bus.:confused: I'm soooo confused.:rolleyes:

It could have been ALOT worse IMO. Eh I liked it I guess it's the ricer in me

Back