• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saw fast and Furious last night

Overall I wouldn't say it's a waste of money, but if anyone hasn't watched it, wait for the DVD. (hey, you might see more cars in bonus footages)

Dude, it's F&F ... seriously, you're taking way 2 serious ...
:)
Oscar

Sweet NSX in the end...I was waiting for NSX scenes the whole time. I missed the blue one unfortunately. Let's hope the sequel features it more, but I highly doubt they will start the next one where they left off. The consequences of that particular scene will be the start point, not the chase. Even that is assuming that Walker/Diesel are in the next one. In any case, more NSX's are needed but Vance's explanation fo budget costs may again prevent it.

Too bad she couldn't act...lol, but my driver's seat is pertty fine...lol

I just came back from the movie. I was surprised by the fact that the camera angle in the actual movie is slightly different than the trailers. Pertty cool.

As I have indicated this time last year, my car will be used at the very end of the movie as a way to set up a sequel - If they decides to make it. Judging by the turn out tonight at the theater, I think they will.

Even though the usage of my car in this movie was short, I like effectiveness and the cinematography, AND they used the actual exhaust note from my car!!!

Did you drive your car to the movies? That would be cool....may need body guard......Do vynal wrap saying "actual movie car in ffurious":cool:

Again, thanks for the compliments.

To answer some of the questions:

Texas91Brent - No, I didn't get to drive my car in the movie. They had professional guys under their own insurance. When I saw how close the other cars were behind my car at the end, I was like...OK.... That was a little too close...

ozone - Depend on how successful this movie is (so far, 100 millions world wide opening weekend), they might do a sequel. They did ask me what is the likely hood for me to keep my car the way it is... For a while. I'll take that as, perhaps they want to open the next movie with what was left off.

dablackgoku1234 - I go fishing... lol

NetViper - Get one with CTSC!!!

NSXDreamer2 - Yes!! The theater I was in was fine with the sound.

It was funny to read threads from other forums: people talking about how they like the car, how they hated the car, how my car has a NSX front end and a Prelude tail end... Pertty funny stuff out there...lol

Last edited:
OK, I'll add my input here:

Too much drama/romance, not enough about the cars themselves. Last scene was obviously the best ( Vance's car made me proud:smile:).

And where are all the Asian guys in LA in this movie? Where's RJ? Everyone knows car tuning, street racing, drugs, babes, gambling, and smoking go hand-in-hand. Still gets a thumbs up from me.

Vance, well if they do use your car that would be cool. I had my NSX in the lot and after the movie, there were some people pointing at it.

This movie did not focus enough on the cars, but then again this is a car forum and we are all biased towards those kinds of details. It would be nice to see some more airtime for NSX's. BTW, I'm predicting that Walker will be a renegade cop/agent on the run in the next one. Otherwise, it wouldn't make any sense.

With that kind of grand opening along with the $30M from around the world, I would bet there is a part V in the works.

I think a bunch of you guys should get together and call the studio and tell them you will be happy to donate your cars if they make them the main car in the movie. Like Vance said, they only need 3 or 4 at most. I know, you may lose your NSX is some crash seen but think about it.... you'll be able to tell all your buds that is YOUR CAR being wrecked in the movie. Plus once prices shoot up, you will be heroes on this forum for having made such a sacrifice. I can't do my car because I am too far from L.A. But I would have done it for you guys.

Vance, well if they do use your car that would be cool. I had my NSX in the lot and after the movie, there were some people pointing at it.

This movie did not focus enough on the cars, but then again this is a car forum and we are all biased towards those kinds of details. It would be nice to see some more airtime for NSX's. BTW, I'm predicting that Walker will be a renegade cop/agent on the run in the next one. Otherwise, it wouldn't make any sense.

lol, yea, again ala 2F2F. Sounds played out. If they were smart they would just figure a way he could cover up his involvement.

Still how did that charger resurface after blowing to smitherines?:confused: Were we not suppose to notice?

Because in Universal Studio Car garage in Sun City California, they had over 10 of them sitting in there.:biggrin:

The original script call for a black R35 for Brian and a ZR1, but I guess they were concern with the cost of crashing those if decide to have a sequel starting from where it was left off.

Here is the the suppliment page to the story board from the script. I jacked it when I dropped off my car.

l_5a4e9aff839c58d2829f09fb430222a4.jpg

paul-walker-and-vin-diesel-on-the-set-of-fast-and-furious1.jpg

Last edited:
Vance did you get to meet any of the cast? Supposedly paul walker is a car guy.
I think vin diesel lost some street cred after driving a minivan in the pacifier lol.
Ill bet that was fun congrats on having your car in the movie and a movie that will
Play on cable network forever ;)

Bill

FF4 was trying way too hard to be something it wasn't. It was trying to be some serious drama about two guys revenging the murder of their friend when it should have just been about fun cars and fun races.

The only redeeming part of the movie was the last scene with the NSX, and of course, Jordana Brewster. I think she is looking a lot better this time around. Oh, and the other girl who works for the antagonist. She was pretty.

Yeah, if you haven't seen it yet, I would just wait for the DVD. Definitely not worth the ticket price. I went into it not expecting a damn thing, and I didn't even get that.

Last edited:
Movie was pretty crappy except for the white porsche, Vance's car popping up when Jordana pulls up to the house and the bus scene at the end.

Thought it was funny and embarrassing to see that yellow civic hatch up front at the funeral lol.

I went at matinee today. $7.25 and it's definitely not worth even that imo. I'm glad I hung around afterwards and hit up a double feature :) lol

There is an interesting article in this months HotRod magazine about the cars used in the movie...no mention of an NSX of course. They actually welded the body of one of the Grand Nationals backwards onto the chassis.:eek:

walker already said that next movie is in the works and should start filming soon, (hitflix or something like that posted it).. so it would be awsome to see a members car on the big scene for longer then 10sec. Vance, you should put a small vibrating seat where the diver (not you) would get a tingle once you turn it on via remote, that would be a great outtake scene if you can see her face with you turn the vibrator on lol..

I was a little let down with the plot and movie as a whole. Maybe it was just me but it seemed to have way too many scenes in the FBI headquarters while cars and gas trailers defy physics and roll for 20 seconds 50 times and still keep rolling... Yes i know it's a F&F movie but the computer generated 'tunnel' scenes were corny. The only cool scenes was the real slides and drifting they did. Maybe that's why I liked the 3rd movie a little more.

The most retarded part of the movie was the GPS/Ugly Import Models/Video game display during the street race. Other than that, it wouldn't be F&F without the bad acting, corny racing, and bad editing.

The movie did well. I think world wide box office is so far, over $200 million, and the movie cost $100 million.

The most retarded part of the movie was the GPS/Ugly Import Models/Video game display during the street race. Other than that, it wouldn't be F&F without the bad acting, corny racing, and bad editing.

The movie did well. I think world wide box office is so far, over $200 million, and the movie cost $100 million.
Haha, I agree, but for a minute there I thought I was watching NCIS, Law & Order, what-have-you. Too many scenes in the FBI headquarters. Although I did laugh when that whiny FBI guy got his ass kicked.

I say more real drifting scenes an no CGI tunnel scenes. Their's a reason why movies like Bullet were soo cool - real cars, real jumps, real slides, real stunts, they didn't have CGI. More please!

Back