• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Selling my NSX for a C6 Vette

NSXYZ-ZYXSN said:
Since we are telling C6 stories, let me tell you what happened yesterday. I came up to a red light beside a brand new C6. 30 day tags. I didn't think anything of it b/c he was in the turn lane and I was going straight. So we are both sitting there when all of a sudden I hear this girl screaming "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD." Scared that something is happening, I turn to my left and see this hot chick sitting in the passenger seat of the C6 screaming and pointing at my NSX. OMG OMG OMG that car is SOOOOO AWESOME she screams at me. I love it!

The poor guy in his new Vette just got got dissed by his girlfriend over a 13 year old car. I hope I don't get tired of the attention.

:biggrin:

That is great story. Does this happen a lot?

Unfortunately, i don't get the same "rock star" treatment in my NSX. Or maybe I just don't look over at other drivers to see if they are looking. However, I think I got more looks in my 996 turbo than the NSX. There is no doubt that the NSX is more rare and exotic looking than the turbo. Hmmm??

Why did the guy in the C6 get dissed because she liked your car?

Are you saying girlfriends and owners at that are only supposed to like ONE car? I give thumbs up and tell people they have nice cars all the time.

You must still be young.

Prior to the X, I owned a couple Vette convertibles, a '69, and a 2000.

There is a lot that I like about the new C6, but after only a couple months with an NSX, I know that I could never go back to a GM product. Not intended as a slam, just the way I feel.

I also agree that we should try as many different cars as possible...keeps things interesting. Enjoy your new Vette, and check out www.corvetteforum.com...some good people over there.

I don't know if he got dissed, but I certainly don't think a passenger in a NSX would be jumping up and down pointing at a C6..

It comes down to driving an exotic car or a production car. In 6 months there will be 15,000 vettes on the road and still only 9,000 NSX total.

Please have fun with your new car!! Please let us know how you like the car in the near future!

Nsxrock,

Good luck with your decision and I hope it works out for the best. Remember, this is an Nsx board so we are always going to stick up for it. However, I do believe the C6 is a very nice car for the money. I just wonder how the handling feel would be considering its a front-engine, rwd vehicle. I can't imagine a sportscar with the engine up front anymore. I guess the Nsx ruined me for that.

The C6 looks promising on Paper. However, I have to agree with Joel. I would wait atleast 1 year or maybe 2 before getting a C6. Nowadays, Even Hondas and Toyotas have 1st year quality issues

Well, I have had my C6 for about 3 weeks now.
My impressions are that its well built, handles just as well as the NSX, and has an unbeliveable amount of power and torque.

Trunk space is great, even with the roof stowed. You can put a large duffle in front of the roof and lots of stuff under it.

I had my 91 NSX for 2 yrs and drove it almost 20,000 miles. It had 130,000 miles on it when I sold it. Fun to drive, but not so much fun when the repair and replacement bills started to accumulate.
Although the NSX is a handbuilt limited edition car, it still seems to be stuck in the 90's as far as horsepower and engine size are concerned. I was looking at getting a later model NSX, but had a problem spending that much money on a car that has less power than some SUV's.

As far as the "wow" factor, I can tell you that both cars get their share of looks.
I would say that for now the C6 is so uncommon that I have had more looks than with the NSX. That will probably change as more of them are produced.

Both are great cars, both have their pros and cons.....
Let's just all go out and enjoy the one we have.... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

f66284a5.jpg

f6628384.jpg

You see about 10 vettes a day on average. they're everywhere. NSX's are a rare gem to see on the streets. And when you go to a meet or event, you'll always have people admiring it and telling how it's their favorite car. When the time comes for more power i'll be looking for a super charger. for now the NSX is enough to keep me satisfied.

nsxrocks,

Good luck with your new C6. There is no doubt it is a huge improvement over the C5. However, as a former owner of a 2003 supercharged ZO6 (600 rwhp), I told myself I would never buy another Vette due to poor quality and cheap fit and finish. However, the thought of a 7.0 liter, 500 hp C6 ZO6 has me thinking about buying another Vette again. The new ZO6 will make an excellent platform for a twin turbo project car.

By the way, I too was a fan of your website. If memory serves me right, you chronicled the various cars you owned over the years. You had quite a few nice cars. :)

Have fun with your new C6!

I've owned 1 Corvette and it will always be my last. The worst car I've ever owned. I think every area of the car was recalled, broke or replaced in 3 years. The NSX (or any quality car) is in a different class of construction, parts and technology. Gizmos are just that - fluff.

I was looking at getting a later model NSX, but had a problem spending that much money on a car that has less power than some SUV's.
This is one of the DUMBEST - most IGNORANT comments I have EVER heard from a previous NSX owner!!!!!!! WHO'S GIVES A CRAP if the factory HP is less than some STUPID GIANT TUB OF CRAP SUV!!!!!!!! You are comparing the NSX to a DUMB BOATY SUV!!!!!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!
Do you honestly think most - if any NSX owner, before he/she makes the purchase actually thinks - "Honey....should we buy this stupid big tub of crap SUV with 500000 HP and 1000000000 ftlbs" OR "should we buy an Exotic with a "measly" 290......."hmmmmmmm let's really consider this honey"...."we might be able to hit 100mph in our BOAT garbage SUV"......"what do you think honey"..........

COME ON!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

. I was looking at getting a later model NSX, but had a problem spending that much money on a car that has less power than some SUV's QUOTE].

And another thing - I hear these type / types of comments all the time from people who have NO CLUE! But to hear this from a previous owner.......... :rolleyes: enjoy your Corjunk..........

wagyshag said:
. I was looking at getting a later model NSX, but had a problem spending that much money on a car that has less power than some SUV's QUOTE].

And another thing - I hear these type / types of comments all the time from people who have NO CLUE! But to hear this from a previous owner.......... :rolleyes: enjoy your Corjunk..........

LOL.. tell us how you really feel. :biggrin:

wagyshag said:
I was looking at getting a later model NSX, but had a problem spending that much money on a car that has less power than some SUV's.
This is one of the DUMBEST - most IGNORANT comments I have EVER heard from a previous NSX owner!!!!!!! WHO'S GIVES A CRAP if the factory HP is less than some STUPID GIANT TUB OF CRAP SUV!!!!!!!! You are comparing the NSX to a DUMB BOATY SUV!!!!!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!
Do you honestly think most - if any NSX owner, before he/she makes the purchase actually thinks - "Honey....should we buy this stupid big tub of crap SUV with 500000 HP and 1000000000 ftlbs" OR "should we buy an Exotic with a "measly" 290......."hmmmmmmm let's really consider this honey"...."we might be able to hit 100mph in our BOAT garbage SUV"......"what do you think honey"..........

Now now....temper, temper....
Like I said, I wouldn't pay 80K for a 290HP car. And as the sales data show, neither would too many other people.
Say what you want about the C6, but you get a lot of bang for your buck.
All of these people, including me, who buy them can't be wrong.
And if it was such a bad car, then it wouldn't keep selling as well as it has.
Like I said, enjoy what you have...
It's just a car..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nsxrock said:
Jeol,

Thanks for the encouraging words! You have a nice heart and love to make people feel good about their purchases and decisions! Cheers.

:(

Eh, who cares what others think? Buy what you like. If you need reinforcement from others, then you're making the decision for the wrong reasons, IMO.

I've never bought a car based upon what other people - most of them complete strangers - think I should drive.

Good luck with the new ride.

wagyshag said:

wagyshag said:

willy_nilly.gif
willy_nilly.gif
willy_nilly.gif

JSMDMD said:
Like I said, I wouldn't pay 80K for a 290HP car.

I am amazed you EVER owned an NSX. If HP #'s was your only concern you should have gone with that Dumb BOATY SUV you were looking so forward to. :rolleyes:

The Saint said:
Eh, who cares what others think? Buy what you like. If you need reinforcement from others, then you're making the decision for the wrong reasons, IMO.

I've never bought a car based upon what other people - most of them complete strangers - think I should drive.

Good luck with the new ride.

What he said

Enjoy your car, the C6 is indeed impressive. I'd like to think that someone at American Honda could see what's happening. There's alot of us NSX fans that have felt the need to try something else lately. You want more power,
I wanted less weight and a more visceral sports car. Believe me, if Honda builds a serious successor to the NSX, I will be back.

Back