• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

serialNSXer selling his NSX-RR

Greetings!

After recently returning back to the US, I thought to reconnect with my fellow Primers. We've been living overseas for the last 5 years, on and off. This time, we decided not to move back to South Florida (sorry Armando), but found a small two-bedroom bungalow in downtown Palo Alto. I figured that with both my boys out of the house (NYC, Borneo), I have one last start-up left in me. But, this 4th venture is a big departure from my past IT experiences in hardware/software.

This time it's biotech. Pinch Bio develops a prescription pill for the reduction of belly-fat in middle-age men and women. Yeah, for real. I'm tackling "the plague of the 21st Century" — obesity. Silicon Valley is the perfect place to do this work.

Anyway, almost immediately after landing up here, I connected with Ben Lin and some great NSX/car folks here at the downtown Gordon Biersch brewpub. Norcal seems to be a more active place as compared to South Florida. Down there, it's more bling, even though we have some nice exotic cars running the streets of South Beach. Here in Northern California, it's much more about cars. I fully expect SoCal folks to tell me how much better it is, down there way.

As some of you may already know, I had previously shipped my NSX-RR from South Florida to be housed with Shad in Sacramento. Long Vu, another fellow NSXer, helped me bring the car down from Sacramento, and now it's parked at my place in Palo Alto. I've been running it for a few days, but...

…over the last few months, I've considered whether I want to keep the car, or possibly sell it.

Frankly, I'm looking for some serious track time, now that I'm close to Laguna Seca and Sears Point. Drive only 1.5h south of me to Monterey, and I get to drive on a world-class track. It would be a shame to turn this NSX-RR into a track rat.

Thus, I'm going to list the car for sale in the for-sale section of this forum. Those of you who also know ebay really well, can you please email me the best way to list there (I'm a newbie to ebay).

There is one car I would trade+cash as part of any deal—a Porsche 997 GT3 RS. Its one of the few dual-purpose road/track cars out there. I've had amazing experiences with both my modern 911 road car which had ROW suspension plus some tasty GT3 RSR bits installed. That setup really did make a very nice road car. I tracked it often. And, I also tracked my 996 GT3 Cup Car around most of the circuits on the eastern seaboard. I gotta tell you, even though I'll always be an NSX guy, Porsche doesn't disappoint (well, maybe the Panorama). Yes yes, we can argue about the pros and cons of 911 v. NSX, but let's not. However, you guys that actually own both a GT3 RS and an NSX, I'd welcome you talking me in or out of this sale.

For my near term track-oriented needs (i.e. wants) from life, I would rather not trash this NSX-RR on a track. It's more reasonable for the car to now move to its new owner, maybe a fellow Primer.

In my NSX-RR post, I share what was spent on the car (a tad over $163,000). Last time I spoke of a possible sale, I received a serious offer of $113,250 (73K GBP, 83K EU, 8.6M JPY, 882K HKD). YMMV.

I'm actually chasing a private GT3 RS as we speak, if it does come up for sale. I would easily buy it, even before monetizing the NSX-RR.

If you folks out there know of someone who'd be interested in my car, or a possible trade towards their GT3 RS, please keep me posted. Listen, thanks guys, really.

PM is a horrible way to reach me. Better if you e-mail or call me at:

anil DOT sethi AT xlipstream DOT com

+1 410.599.1529 (GMT-8) in Silicon Valley

If you're serious, so am I.

Oh Anil...man would I kill to have this car. Unfortunately other priorities take the mantle at the moment.

Good luck! You'll sell this no problem...

Why not keep it as a weekend driver if you like to avoid it tracked before you regret the sell?

Anyway, good luck on the sale? The new buyer would love it.

Anyone would be lucky to have your car. Wish I still lived in the bay so I could gaze in awe of this vehicle before it possibly goes away forever.

If I said GLWS, I think I'd be lying...unless I was the guy to buy it off of you :tongue:

I want to hear more about the "belly-fat" pill. There are 100's of those on the market (OTC)- not one works.

I would love to have on that did.

What a car! yeah, in South Florida there's a LOT of bling I agree, but there's a bunch of really cool enthusiasts .. perhaps you didn't get the right crowd, sorry to hear.

Good luck with the sale!

Oscar

If you received an offer for $113k for your car, I would take it and run. It is an amazing car, but not many people out there are willing to spend that much on an NSX. Take the money.

Wow. Probably the nicest NSX in the USA- a true NA2 NSX-R LHD. I wish I had $100k lying around...someone is going to get the buy of the decade.

Truly hope it goes to someone that can appreciate it as much as the OP. Hoping to hear, soon, that it's sold, that your start-up is going well, and that you're enjoying that 997 GT3 RS.

Coincidentally, I'm planning the same car purchase. :)

Why not keep it as a weekend driver if you like to avoid it tracked before you regret the sell? Anyway, good luck on the sale? The new buyer would love it.

Answer: I have a 1 car garage, as this is a smaller “bungalow,” compared to the McMansions we're used to in South Florida. My avatar shows one of our South Florida homes (Schumacher's Benetton F1 being delivered), with a 3 car garage. At one point in life I had 2 race cars, and 7 other cars in the driveway or garage. Although it was great having such bragging rights on Ferraris, Porsches, and M5s, all I did was move cars around like a parking attendant. With this 4th venture, it's smarter if I just have one dual-purpose car for both street and track, parked in my garage.

BTW, thanks(!) for all the private emails. Looks like the car has some prospective homes, here and overseas.

When I first read the OP's original post about the conversion I was like: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Then when it was done I was like: :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Also I want to be enrolled in your belly fat trial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PM ME!

Jeeze, are you that guy from the Dos Equis commercials?

Just a quick update. After my family returned from living overseas in 2007, we settled back into sunny South Florida. However, once you've lived overseas and traveled, you can never shake the itch. So mid last year, we sold the house, and are once again living overseas.

And, it's been all worth it. The family traveled over Christmas to Southeast Asia, specifically, Indochina. The four of us went around Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, and Vietnam. We took an overnight barge down the Mekong River, slept in a hut in the Laotian jungles, drank cobra infused local hooch direct from the still, ate dog in Vietnam (and I can tell you, dog doesn't taste like chicken!), had a sobering day at the Killing Fields... but ate the best local food you can imagine. You just can't do all this, from Florida. You got to get out there in the world when you get the chance.

While I was in the US between 2007 - 2009, I was driving the NSX-RR pretty regularly. But since living in New Delhi, it's in safe storage at a friends garage someplace undisclosed near Fort Lauderdale. Next year, when we return back to the US, it'll once again be my daily driver. But, it's got some real competition as the daily driver... against my new love, a 1993 Land Rover Camel Trophy Defender 110. Yes, I guess I'm gettin' long in the tooth when I can say (in public) that tooling around in a ratty old Land Rover is sometimes nicer than this NSX. If that proves to be the case, sigh, I won't let the NSX rot. I'll just sell it, so that someone else can enjoy it. Yes, I'll lose money on it, but no, it won't be inexpensive.

How does it go again? "...It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

My NSX-RR is sold.

I haven't really been without an NSX in 21 years, since the summer of 1990 when they were first released. I'm kinda at a loss, but I'm pleased to move into my new ride. Change is good, as long as its in the right direction. And this feels right, at least to me.

The NSX-RR sold in about 10 hours, at a healthy number, only $10K away from the car I bought today, an Aqua Blue 2011 GT3 RS.

The "RR" went to a dyed-in-the-wool Ferrari aficionado (Joe). He's a real car nut, and a great guy to deal with. You gotta respect the guy that has owned 2 Enzos, F40s, a couple of the new 458s, and is still impressed with the styling of the venerable NSX. He's back in South Florida, and a new member to NSXprime. I'm sure he'll post about his new car in short order.

I drove a Dove Gray 2010 GT3 RS today. I got a tell you, it's a strong, strong driver. That said, maybe my old RR could keep with it 0-40. What this Jon Martin 3.8L NSX motor trades away in peak horsepower, it picks up in low-end torque. Combined with the short gears, and a tall OS Giken LSD, it's a hoot, off the line. The throttle response on Joe's NSX is superior to my Porsche.

But ...you just can't match the overall package of this RS. It's my perfect street car + weekend weapon for track days.

There are 2 videos below, that I think you guys would enjoy watching:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pqI0WavbHJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LRvcobW-LN4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

419.jpg

147.jpg

327.jpg

515.jpg

Congrats Anil! I'm not surprised it sold so quickly...

That GT3 RS is amazing. Such a good choice in color and car. Its my firm belief that the 911 is the most pure sports car in relation to the feeling you get from a NSX. Most people who sell the NSX, including moi, go to a 911.

Enjoy in good health!

Such a good choice in color and car. Its my firm belief that the 911 is the most pure sports car in relation to the feeling you get from a NSX.

Thanks, I was happy about this blue, that reminded me of my Long Beach Blue NSX I once had. This RS is such a nice car to drive. But there is something special about sitting in those NSX-R seats, looking into a huge expanse of glass, onto the left and right fenders... you'd swear you were sitting in the tub of a Group-C racer. This feeling is completely lost inside the 911.

Jeez, I guess I'm getting old, when I start thinking about how much easier it is for me to get in and out of the Porsche, compared to those JDM R buckets.

I'll be sure to report more about my experience with this car, as compared to my experience with my past 7 NSX's over the last 20 years.

A bittersweet congrats on your sale, and wish safe driving in your new car. But I bet there will be an 8th NSX in your future. :smile:

Congrats on the new car Anil. I miss chatting with you and the wife at the luncheon's we used to have. I know you'll enjoy the Porsche even though your NSX-RR was indeed a special build. It's hard to let go of a breed of vehicle that you've owned for so long, that is the difficulty I'm with my NSX that I've owned for 12 years.

-Robert

Wow....I am speechless on so many levels. Congrats on what may be the fastest sale of an NSX here on Prime. You will love the GT3 RS. They are amazing cars.

Congrats on the new car and quick sale!

Now tell us more about that body fat pill!:biggrin:

Back