• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

serialNSXer selling his NSX-RR

Congrats on the new car and the sale of your NSX. Don't be a stranger and give Jon a call sometime.

Welcome Joe, you have picked up a rare and fantastic car.

Last edited:
So it's about 10PM on a Saturday night, and I just watched my NSX-RR drive away to be loaded onto a transporter truck for shipping. But let's rewind a bit…

The new owner (Joe) called me earlier today and he can't find a transporter to get his car back to him, ASAP. OK, it's been a hard week working on my new biotech venture—like I know what the hell am doing in biotech! So I decide to head up to see friends in Oakland for the day. Fast-forward a couple hours, and Joe calls me that he has suddenly arranged "special" transportation heading up from LA to Silicon Valley, who will be here later today. Yikes. The car isn't even clean or ready for transport. I leave Oakland a bit earlier than planned, to go home and atleast wash the car. From Oakland, I tried calling all sorts of mobile detailers, but they aren't as common in Palo Alto as they are in South Florida. So, I'm going to wash the baby myself.

Not quite the same as running your hand over a Playboy bunnys' Nubian body, but the NSX has curves not found in any other car. Compound curves, lots of undulations and shape shifting, that I haven't seen on my old Ferraris, and definitely not my incoming Porsche. Hey, that RS is a great car, but it's just a car. The NSX is, well, something pretty special. I really enjoyed cleaning the car myself.

So about 9:30PM I get the call from the driver that he can't pull down my narrow Palo Alto street, and he's parked at the Home Depot about 10 min away, and can I bring the car to him. No issues. It's dark, cold, I fire up the R. Back it out of the driveway (slanted, of course) and start heading down the street.

Then … it hits me, this will be the last time I own this NSX. “What the effing hell have I done?” I can't believe I sold my NSX, for what, for money? OMG. Really, guys, that's exactly how I was feeling.

So I get to the Home Depot parking lot, dry off my eyes (LOL), and the truck driver drives me back to my house, drops me home. He jumps into the driver's seat, waves a quick goodbye, and he's off. I'm in the kitchen, and I can still hear the damn car driving down University Blvd.

Made me smile.

The only solace is that this was a completely painless transaction, entirely due to the most reasonable buyer I've ever dealt with. He does things, well, like the way I would do them if I was the buyer. We arrive at a number, shake hands over the phone, wire funds, and the rest of the conversation is about life/kids/fun. I'm pleased to know that Joe will be driving his kids around in this most unique car. I'm sure his family is "bored" of having red Enzos, and red F40s around, and that a B&W car will be something they've never had.

clean.jpg

cover3.jpg

Wow Anil, what an unfolding event to endure.
I know you will get another NSX down the line. This time it will be that much harder to find an NSX that can top your NSX-RR.
Very nice to see 2 car enthusiasts completed a painless transaction.
Enjoy your new toy.

Regards,

Dan N.

I'm actually feeling quite sad reading your last post.... :frown:

The thing is I might go your route venture the world for a bit. For the family more then anything else. Not letting go of my NSX(that's the plan). I have plans for the powerplant conversion, but by no mean as unique as your ex NSX-RR.

... Congrats on you sale and your newly purchased Porsche.

Congrats on getting one of the baddest ass cars on the planet. After getting a ride in a GT3 RS on track I would let the NSX go in a second if I could afford one :biggrin:

Truly hope it goes to someone that can appreciate it as much as the OP. Hoping to hear, soon, that it's sold, that your start-up is going well, and that you're enjoying that 997 GT3 RS.

Coincidentally, I'm planning the same car purchase. :)

Got your money down on one of these Shawn ? :biggrin:

Last edited:
Wow, what a whirlwind!
I had just purchased a 2005 NSX (having never owned one) & while waiting for it's arrival, I spotted Anil's car here on NSX Prime.
My first thought was, "OK, I just found the perfect NSX & what am I going to do with the one that's inbound?"
Interesting story on that car...The transport driver (two car enclosed), jack-knifed in Amarilo, Texas. My car (luckily) only slid into the side of the interior wall. Clean up only took my detailer 20 minutes to solve. The car behind mine was a 60's Impalla originally owned by a 91 year old man, transporting it to Florida to give to his 70 year old son. From what I understand, it took a thrashing. :(
In either case...Dealing with Anil restored my belief that the world still has very cool people in it! Amazing how my love of cars has led me to meet like minded people...Be it Ferrari's, Porsches, or other.

I typically don't post much on forums, as I lurk around gathering knowledge, like a sponge. But, I wanted to share my appreciation for Anil & let the Primers know that the NSX-RR is going to a petrolhead who can appreciate the blood sweat & tears that went into making this car so unique.

Joe

Congrats on the purchase Joe and welcome to Prime! I got to see that car in person as I live up near Shad's shop. Very cool ride.

Bittersweet Congratulations!!

I could brag forever about how awesome a GT3/RS truly is but I will indulge another Time. Suffice it to say..Take the car to the track!!

P.s.-- u might want to stay in touch with Joe just in case you get the "opportunity" to reconsider ur decision:wink:

Wow, what a whirlwind!
I had just purchased a 2005 NSX (having never owned one) & while waiting for it's arrival, I spotted Anil's car here on NSX Prime.
My first thought was, "OK, I just found the perfect NSX & what am I going to do with the one that's inbound?"
Interesting story on that car...The transport driver (two car enclosed), jack-knifed in Amarilo, Texas. My car (luckily) only slid into the side of the interior wall. Clean up only took my detailer 20 minutes to solve. The car behind mine was a 60's Impalla originally owned by a 91 year old man, transporting it to Florida to give to his 70 year old son. From what I understand, it took a thrashing. :(
In either case...Dealing with Anil restored my belief that the world still has very cool people in it! Amazing how my love of cars has led me to meet like minded people...Be it Ferrari's, Porsches, or other.

Congrats! So did you buy and take delivery of TWO NSXs in the same week??

Wow, didn't check prime for the weekend and I miss an epic event. Congrats Joe, you got the verrry top of the cream of the crop in NSXs! Now just add the ITB's and it will roar like nothing else! :biggrin: Not sure it can top the other cars you've had or have, but it will be something different and special in it's own right so congrats on the new collector's item.

After drooling (congrats, Joe) I have one question for Steve: Did you ever consider or try to source and OEM Type-R hood?

I'm under the impression that none of the aftermarkets completely match the fit/finish or structural qualities of the OEM Type-R hood. I assumed nobody did the OEM Type-R hood because of cost, but as far as you went I have to think you at least looked into it.

Congratulations Anil and Joe!

Anil, please stick around. I love reading your stories, and I'd love to hear how your new venture turns out.

Joe, please start posting on NSX Prime. I'm sure we all want to see updates and pictures of your new car! Congratulations!

:)

Oh, I believe socal28 (Tom) has an OEM Honda NSX-R hood on his car. The hood is beautiful and ridiculously high quality!

--Conrad

Last edited:
Congrats! So did you buy and take delivery of TWO NSXs in the same week??

Almost....the 2005 NSX arrived last week and Anil's car got here Tuesday afternoon.
The 2005 is like mint, perfect beautiful...but stock. The NSX-RR is a whole different experience, as expected.
I'm going to sell the 2005 & will place an ad as soon (as I can get some nice pics) I hate to use the ones from SportHaus's ad... kinda cheesy to rip other's photos. I just ordered a ton of parts for the 2005, Weds (TC105N) wheels w/ Dunlop Direzza tires, carbon fiber hood, rear wing, engine vent garnish, license frame, etc.. Thankfully, I held off on the SC.

The learning curve on Anil's car is going to be fun....I've already asked him for tons of data. I want to ensure that the car gets properly treated. ;)

Joe

Joe, I've e-mailed you a list of resources that were involved in building of your NSX-RR.

As for your current 2005, e-mail me the text and I'll get it up online, with the photos that already exist on this car. I have to admit, now that I am missing my NSX, your 2005 is an exceptionally clean car.

Another VW owner………….. Welcome to the world on UN' NSX ownership. You chose the same care we are planning on running next year in the Gumball.:tongue:

Call us when you are in town.

Armando

Back