• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shop in Houston holding my NSX hostage

Short version is I sent my X to a shop in Houston to have the motor rebuilt and tuned. 2 owners of said business. One owner that I was dealing with resigns. There is hostility between owners. There is only a verbal contract betwwen me and the owner that left, nothing in writing. The owner that stayed will not give me possesion of my car. There is no balance due. Its already been paid by CC. Motor is out and at machine shop. There is also a box of parts in the shop that belongs to my car. What do I do to get my car back?????

I will be on my way to H-Town in the morning so if anyone can help plz text me at 318-792-5631 as I may not be able to check here.

Print out any bank records showing your payments and file a police report?

Greg, I'd give HPD a call to have a unit meet you there. Tell them they will not give you your car and you have no idea why. At least have an officer there for your protection in case current owner decides to file a false report of assault since I'm sure your gonna be pissed. Man that stinks, good luck.

Short version is I sent my X to a shop in Houston to have the motor rebuilt and tuned. 2 owners of said business. One owner that I was dealing with resigns. There is hostility between owners. There is only a verbal contract betwwen me and the owner that left, nothing in writing. The owner that stayed will not give me possesion of my car. There is no balance due. Its already been paid by CC. Motor is out and at machine shop. There is also a box of parts in the shop that belongs to my car. What do I do to get my car back?????

I will be on my way to H-Town in the morning so if anyone can help plz text me at 318-792-5631 as I may not be able to check here.

Greg,

I think the ideas already said are good. It may also help to call the owner with whom you had the agreement and see if he'd explain the situation, possibly in writing, to the police that you have fulfilled the arrangement and that you are entitled to your car.

If showing up with a cop doesn't work, I would be looking quickly for a lawyer to file a replevin action (or whatever TX may have renamed this English common law action) to get you your car back. The advantage of a replevin action is the court can order the return of your car and parts on a motion before any kind of trial. Once the car is gone, the other side may quickly lose interest. It should also be coupled with an action for damages to get your money back for the services you did not receive.

Good luck.

Yikes, apparently, they don't know Greg Muddafraction "Z"....

Good luck Greg, your car is a few blocks from my work, call me ..........if you need to get bailed out, cause the court house is a few blocks in the other direction. :biggrin:

Last edited:
if you have to file a suit make sure you get compensated for your pita, just to make a point to the a-hole.

Yikes, apparently, they don't know Greg Muddafraction "Z"....

Good luck Greg, your car is a few blocks from my work, call me ..........if you need to get bailed out, cause the court house is a few blocks in the other direction. :biggrin:

Just don't stab the guy. That happened in Oceanside when a couple of Marines ran into a similar problem, got upset with the owner, tuned him up, and then for good measure stabbed him to death. After 20+ years in the stockade, the impound fees will exceed a Bugatti Veyron.

Alright. Talked to the shop owner and he says he will release it to me personally, just not his ex-partner. Fair nuff to me. But I have to have a transport time meet me there as I have no where to store the car once its released. So I am working on that. Shooting for Friday at noon or so.

Short version is I sent my X to a shop in Houston to have the motor rebuilt and tuned...... What do I do to get my car back?????

What's the "long version" of this story because the short version makes no sense. Without the entire story any advice you get may end up being inapplicable.

And how do you expect to "take possession" of your car with the motor out and at the machine shop? Is he saying you owe more money? Do you have any receipts for monies paid to date?

My bet is there is a whole lot you left out.

Last edited:
i dont' know why it doesn't make sense. Motor out but work not getting done.... he wants the car back. makes perfect sense to me. He isn't expectng to drive it home. He'll have it towed out,then to another shop.

Greg, like I said previously, I'm not too far from the shop. If you need anything, give me a ring. You are also more than welcome to use my garage at my house, the only problem with that, it's on the out skirts of Houston.

Let me know,

i dont' know why it doesn't make sense. Motor out but work not getting done.... he wants the car back. makes perfect sense to me. He isn't expectng to drive it home. He'll have it towed out,then to another shop.

And where does it say in the OP that the work is not being done or that he wants to tow it to another shop?

All it says is that he prepaid and the motor is at the machine shop - - - nothing about whether work is not being performed at the machine shop.

Unless you know more than the limited info the OP posted you are making an assumption which may or not be accurate while my post simply stated there obviously is more to this story.

EDIT: I just noticed that the OP posted additional, albeit still limited, info at the exact same time as my earlier post at 3:46 est.

Oops, my bad - - - sorta.........

Last edited:
What's the "long version" of this story because the short version makes no sense. Without the entire story any advice you get may end up being inapplicable.

And how do you expect to "take possession" of your car with the motor out and at the machine shop? Is he saying you owe more money? Do you have any receipts for monies paid to date?

My bet is there is a whole lot you left out.

Did you even freaking read the OP? oh wait, my bad, maybe you just have a hard time comprehending. I know I know, I'm not suppose to pick on the challenged lol, I just can't help it.

Did you even freaking read the OP? oh wait, my bad, maybe you just have a hard time comprehending. I know I know, I'm not suppose to pick on the challenged lol, I just can't help it.

Forgive my ignorance, but weren't you the one asking for help? I sorta assumed it was common sense and courtesy to provide the needed details when asking for help.

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance, but weren't you the one asking for help? I sorta assumed it was common sense to provide details when asking for help:rolleyes:

You're right. and the answer to every single one of his questions in clearly stated in the OP.:rolleyes:

Answers for the disabled:

how do you take possession. A: uh a Wrecker LOL

is he saying you owe money? A: uh I clearly said " There is no balance due"

do you have any receipts? A: I stated I paid with CC

then the remark that I left a whole lot out....Thats where the sarcasism he threw out first opened the door for me to throw some back. Cuz anyone who knows me, knows I don't hold shit back. If I gotta something to say you better believe its gonna be said.

Before you start labeling everyone who questions your situation as being disabled, take a moment to understand what is being asked? For instance, whether the shop is currently performing/not performing the work on your vehicle, which is clearly NOT listed in your OP.

On another note, as the genius, I'm sure you're aware that you should really start getting things in writing to avoid situations like this.

Last edited:
I know I know, I'm not suppose to pick on the challenged lol, I just can't help it.

What a douche
dunno.gif

Back