• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Should I paint roof black or Sebring Silver?

Paint roof what color?

• Berlina Black

Votes: 45 75.0%
  • Sebring Silver

Votes: 15 25.0%

• Total voters
LOL... man I didn't know you had a time machine. But can you tint them too? and lower the car a little. :D

Lowered, blackened side mirror, front license plate delete, fresh timing belt/water pump, 2004 shift knob, and F-15 doing a flyover coming later in the week. (Sorry for the temporary thread jack)

Don't worry about the thread jack it was decided earlier today. Please alert me when you do this I want to save the photo.

I've done a few cosmetic mods to my Sebring in last 2 years, but none were as cost-effective as putting on black mirrors. See my avatar vs. below for a quick comparison.
Oh, and keep the roof black, the way it is supposed to be! :)

DSC_0808_zpsup1w9l27.jpg

Last edited:
Hey I did suggest doing the mirrors I think it looks great. He said no before I finished my sentence LOL

What is the cost for prep and paint for a black roof? Does it matter what type of paint?
I had my top re-sprayed on my last Sebring for like $400 back in like '06...it had the same issues as the OP.

Black, definitely black. I've never found the NSX-T as pleasant to the eye (unless the targa is off) as coupes with the original black roof. I repainted my (bought used blue) S2000 hard top Berlina black and it looks awesome on my Silverstone. A Silverstone hard top would be too much silver, IMHO. I love the contrast.

Up to you man. My car is sebring with a black roof black wing, oem 02 all around, chrome/gunmetal 2 PC wheels. Looks amazing I wouldn't change a thing pm me your email I'll send you pics.

Several combinations, of which you hafta chose one...

My 2¢...

I think the NSX is one of the best-looking cars EVER, at any price. I like the car in every factory color I've ever seen (although --of course-- I have my favorites). Your car's not 100% stock so I wouldn't worry too much about sticking to that, just do what YOU like best. But --having said that-- I think sticking with the black roof is the way to go. It's an iconic look and... IT'S AN NSX!!! I could go either way with the mirrors but I DO think they look pretty hot in black. And the wheels? My tastes run toward the stock wheels or some classic silver BBS style, but the set you have are fine. Basically... Stay away from plastic body kits and you'll be all right. :wink:

All the best to you!

I'm just bringing this thread back because I'm wondering what to do since my roof is looking a little faded.
The rest of the car is original and I cannot decide if it is better to paint the roof or wrap it.

I don't know what the difference is in price and how each will look 4-5 years from now. Any advice would be helpful.

I painted the roof on my first NSX, no brainer if you like the look. I thought the black roof made it look so dated but I respect originality as well.

For me, if the car color is anything other than black, I say color match it. To me the black top seems to cut the car in half and make it look unbalanced. I really dig the silver or red nsx's with color matched roofs. But I own a black nsx with a jalopie sunroof cut into it, so anything looks better then that!

For me, if the car color is anything other than black, I say color match it. To me the black top seems to cut the car in half and make it look unbalanced. I really dig the silver or red nsx's with color matched roofs. But I own a black nsx with a jalopie sunroof cut into it, so anything looks better then that!

Wouldn't you be able to remove the sunroof, remove what's left of the original roof panel and weld a new roof panel to the roof frame?
The frame runs around the outside of the roof itself so it's likely not modified.
Shawn might have a suitable roof panel.
If you're going to paint the top anyway why not restore it to OEM first?
That would be worth a lot more in value than say buying new wheels.

Stay with black. As said previously, it looks more like the F16 look that originally inspired it. I love mine with the black roof and like that it looks different than what's on sale today. I've had 3 people stop and ask me to take pix in the last 3 days - crazy!

+1 for black top and there is nothing dated about it, as there are a few new super cars that are sporting this look lately.

Last edited:
Wouldn't you be able to remove the sunroof, remove what's left of the original roof panel and weld a new roof panel to the roof frame?
The frame runs around the outside of the roof itself so it's likely not modified.
Shawn might have a suitable roof panel.
If you're going to paint the top anyway why not restore it to OEM first?
That would be worth a lot more in value than say buying new wheels.

I imagine at some point I will do something with it. I was thinking of just covering it with a seibon roof cap. The problem is the frame support in the middle is gone. Acura also sells the roof cap for 1000 dollars I think. So there are a few options out there. Or I could just go convertable. KIDDING...

I imagine at some point I will do something with it. I was thinking of just covering it with a seibon roof cap. The problem is the frame support in the middle is gone. Acura also sells the roof cap for 1000 dollars I think. So there are a few options out there. Or I could just go convertable. KIDDING...

I wasn't aware there was a center roof support member.
It doesn't show in this cutaway.
On page 20-2 in the shop manual there is no center support shown there either.

acura_nsx_art.jpg

Last edited:
It's YOUR car, do what YOU want.

Think for yourself.

Only insecure people care what others think.

Attachments

• F16 canopy lol 4 copy.jpg
    F16 canopy lol 4 copy.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Back