• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

side-window tint & no front license plate legal in your state?

I just was at the California Highway Police station helping my friend get a release form for his impounded MR2. The desk officer gave me a warning for my no front plate and light tint on the side windows. I'm happy that he didn't give me a fix-it ticket... its still just annoying that you aren't allowed to tint your door windows.

California is really pissing me off lately, I'm seriously considering moving to another state... work, social environment, police, traffic, overall high cost of living, makes me think that the actual quality of life here is really crappy...

Originally posted by kenjiMR:
California is really pissing me off lately, I'm seriously considering moving to another state... work, social environment, police, traffic, overall high cost of living, makes me think that the actual quality of life here is really crappy...

Yea, but the babes...

Missouri just passed laws intended to allow limited tint on front side windows, but at the same time set specific % blockage for rears as well and now a lot of existing cars suddenly fail the state inspection. Their scrambling to find a way to tack on a grandfathering clause but of course that takes time. I haven't heard what the people who can't pass now are doing.

Front plate is required, but I haven't been harassed about it since I got the NSX even when I've been stopped. Funny, they hit me with several warnings in my ratty old 150.
smile.gif

I'm in Oregon and they require a front plate. I have tinted windows and didn't have any problems getting registered.

sjs ....babes... hmmm I'd try Phoenix over No. Cal. 9 months out of the year and if I couldn't get there I'd be in FL sleepin on Todd's floor during spring break!
biggrin.gif

babes.... Northern California (Silicon Valley) is terrible.
When I go out, I'm always dissappointed. I'm 23 and I can't get a single
date out here... I don't think I'm that ugly!... I have a freakin NSX for
cryin out loud!
smile.gif
Not that I drive the NSX out for that... stinking cops
out here make me too paranoid anyways. I went down to San Louis Obispo
several months ago... thats when I realized how bad it was in San Jose...
I think this is like one of the worst places... unfortunately, I work here
with computers too... no dateable women if you work in high tech....

this is maybe the main reason why I wanna move.

True that.

But keep in mind, we have some of the most scenic freeways out there. I get into work with a grin every morning, no matter how bad my job happens to be. Something about going 80-90 for 30+ miles in an NSX daily will do that for you.

My ticket-less days are numbered (I'm 26). Sigh.

When I go out, I'm always dissappointed. I'm 23 and I can't get a single
date out here... I don't think I'm that ugly!... I have a freakin NSX for
cryin out loud!

I feel your pain as a single 24 year old male in Silicon Valley...Tho I'm amazed at the attention I've gotten since getting my NSX. The GUY at the tire store, the two GUYs I live with, the GUY walking by Stevens Creek Acura when I took it there for a PPI, a 60-year old GUY in a cadillac... note a trend here...This car is a GUY magnet
smile.gif

What I expected tho, a boxster or an SLK are probably much better babe magnet choices. I think I would drop dead from shock if I ever met a girl who drives an NSX.

Originally posted by sjs:
OK, I didn't notice what part of CA kenjiMR was in, but I spent a little time in SoCal and it ain't just the movies.

Guys you're making me feel old remembering the good old days. I went to school in So. Cal and lived in Orange near Newport Beach. I use to drop by OCC every now and then. This school had more playboy bunnies come from it then any other I think. This was before Irvine really existed, the airport was John Wayne, JW lived out off on Balboa Island. I use to surf the wedge and race motocross at Saddleback. That's was a great beach 20+ years ago and some good times.

Originally posted by sjs:
doing.

Front plate is required, but I haven't been harassed about it since I got the NSX even when I've been stopped. Funny, they hit me with several warnings in my ratty old 150.
smile.gif

Too busy admiring the car to notice. They don't wanna be the reason to interupt the gorgeous lines of the car. =)

I think I would drop dead from shock if I ever met a girl who drives an NSX.

Your region's member of the board of the NSX Club of America is of the female persuasion. In fact, she lives not too far away, in San Jose.

kenjinr,your nsx will just scare babes away.they think you must be mr. slick.i'd suggest you get you a new vw beetle and a puppy,then hand out at the park and just see what happens!

you south bay guys are in the wrong part of CA. everytime I go into SJ for work I cant wait to get out. Sacramento is nice... Plenty of babes (I'm married now but it doesnt hur to window shop), lakes and rivers to waterski (and check out babes), and am still part of technology working in comm silicon.

oh yea, did I mention all the mtn. roads?
smile.gif

... I've been looking at houses on Yahoo classifieds in Phoenix... that looks tempting. I live in a condo here, but in Phoenix I could have a real house!

That's where I'm heading next spring. I already have my place picked out. Too bad it's going to take 9 months to build. If you go down check out Grayhawk, http://www.grayhawk.com/, that's the area I'll be located.

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 16 October 2001).]

Originally posted by byang:
I think I would drop dead from shock if I ever met a girl who drives an NSX.

Then you better not come to Dallas for NSXPO2002. My wife drives an NSX. Gee... so does Bill Pierce's wife. Must be a Texas thing.

Someone made a comment about getting a VW and a dog and going to the park to meet women. Very good thing to do. Or, you can just attend track events in big college towns and give hot-lap rides to sorority girls. Ask me how I know. :)

EDR

After reading all that I almost forgot what the topic was... Oh yeah, here in Illinois tint on the side windows and no front plate are both illegal. I got pulled over for no front plate once.

Kenric

Can I come visit you SoCal people?

Certainly.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

here in Illinois tint on the side windows and no front plate are both illegal. I got pulled over for no front plate once.

Me too, exactly once in 17 years of driving four cars with no front plates. And that was when the NSX first came out; I think he just wanted to check it out. No ticket or warning issued.

Lucky you! I live in North Fl. were chicks think Chevy trucks are the bomb. If I wanted a chick magnet I could have saved a lot of money! Also, almost every time I have been complemented by a women on my cars great appearance she is 65 or older. Fantasy and reality are 2 amazing concepts....

I got burned by not having my a front plate a couple of months ago. I received two tickets for speeding and no front plate.

When I went to court, I asked the judge on why my tickets stated I must appear in court.(I had to travel 150+ miles downstate). He said it was because I received TWO tickets. If the Ill. State Tropper just issued the speeding ticket, I could of resolved everything by mail.

Back