• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Southern Indiana Drive - August 13th

I'm planning to be there at 10:00 and am looking forward to a fun day. As I recall there's a one hour time difference between us this time of year.

Took a test drive of the route last night with djdrock. WOW! Some pretty neat roads. We may alter it just a little to include some other roads that I'm hearing of from the locals. All in all, it will be a great drive. :cool:

Of course, Mitch. There should be some other s2k guys there as well. I'll send you directions and a map on how to get there. I'll have a map of the drive for everyone on Saturday morning. See you @ Millrace Park!

Joe

Meeyatch1 said:
I may be there in my S2000 if that is cool....that cool??

jonas1jp said:
Of course, Mitch. There should be some other s2k guys there as well. I'll send you directions and a map on how to get there. I'll have a map of the drive for everyone on Saturday morning. See you @ Millrace Park!

Joe

Cool.....I do not have time to run back to Fort Wayne and get an NSX.....by the way, what is Millrace Park???

It's just a convenient park to meet where I know we can find each other, and it's right off of 46. Shoot me an email @ [email protected], I'll reply with the attachments for directions and the map.

Thanks,
Joe

Stay posted here Friday, August 12th. I will make a call whether to have the drive or not by Friday evening. Weather is looking pretty bad at this point. We'll reschedule for at least one month in advance if I do happen to cancel it. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Joe

:frown: :frown: Due to the forecast for bad weather (it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow), and some people driving a ways to get here, I've decided to cancel the drive. I'd hate to see every one arrive, only for it to rain. I will reschedule another one very soon. :frown: :frown:
:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Thanks for the update Joe. It was the right choice. Hang in there ... a cool fall day sounds ssssssssooooooooo much better than these blisteringly hot summer days anyway!

Thanks for posting the information regarding tomorrow's cancellation. I know we had all been looking forward to a great day, but if the forecast is for rain, your decision is the correct one.

Just let us know when the event is rescheduled.

Here's an idea, last year when we planned a drive we chose two weekends back to back; just in case the weather didn't permit. Can we try this? Maybe two or three weekends back to back. The weather has to be good on one the ones we pick :wink: . Anyone wants to put some weekends out there?

Keep us updated. If it is alright I may come by with my Supra. I don't have an NSX yet, but plan on getting one in a few years, once my wife graduates college that is.

Steve K.

Supra? Who makes that? :biggrin:

Yes, that would be fine. I will check with Joe about a couple of reschedule dates in September.

Okay...Joe has asked me to take over the scheduling of the meet. So, as requested, I will pick 2 dates...and we will shoot for the first, but if we have bad weather, we will go for the 2nd.

How about Sept 23rd and October 1st?

djdrock said:
Okay...Joe has asked me to take over the scheduling of the meet. So, as requested, I will pick 2 dates...and we will shoot for the first, but if we have bad weather, we will go for the 2nd.

How about Sept 23rd and October 1st?

David,

The 23rd is a Friday. Was that your intention?

I'm in.

whealy said:
David,

The 23rd is a Friday. Was that your intention?

I'm in.

Bill...I was thinking of ditching work. :biggrin:

My mistake...lets make that the 24th. :smile:

Let me get some directions so I can guage how far the drive is. Thanks.

SilverStone05 said:
Let me get some directions so I can guage how far the drive is. Thanks.

Type in Columbus, IN in mapquest. That should give you a rough idea. I'm about 1.5 hours from the west side of Cincy. Email me @ [email protected], and I'll reply with specific directions. Hope to see you here.

Joe

Back