• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Spoon aero mirrors Limited group buy for NSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it.. why don't even the Spoon NSXs have these on?

Do you really think I drive a Buick?

64fe34c2f53b791258f946e4a9fed0c6_zpsc0da3735.jpg

Spoon makes them for the S2000 and the Civic, but they discontinued those mirrors about a year ago.

Several people have modified the mirrors to fit other applications, anything from NSX's to Mitsubishi's; based on the OP I assume Spoon is willing to make an NSX specific application if an MOQ is reached.

I want them for the simple fact I have kraft square and hate them. Don't want oem and didn't want to spend 2k plus on Jeff's sets. These look good. Not worried about CF or Power mirrors. I'm sure there are cheaper options but from what I found the spoon's are a good product for the money. I had a set 3-4 years ago and wish I never sold them.

I want them for the simple fact I have kraft square and hate them. Don't want oem and didn't want to spend 2k plus on Jeff's sets. These look good. Not worried about CF or Power mirrors. I'm sure there are cheaper options but from what I found the spoon's are a good product for the money. I had a set 3-4 years ago and wish I never sold them.

3-4 sets for the nsx?

It's a nice looking design. And you are right there aren't many options sadly. I personally won't take off my OEM heated and powered AND pay $900 more. If these were heated, powered, even if not carbon, or at least not $900, I'd think about it. Don't mean to discourage anyone else that likes them.

I want them for the simple fact I have kraft square and hate them.

Hahaha! I believe we talked about this the last time you were in Chicago. For this price, the Spoon mirrors are the way to go. I am curious about the base though; are they TRUELY for the NSX? If so, this is a great opportunity for this community.

Hahaha! I believe we talked about this the last time you were in Chicago. For this price, the Spoon mirrors are the way to go. I am curious about the base though; are they TRUELY for the NSX? If so, this is a great opportunity for this community.

Yes we did!

I just finished having a set customized to fit NSX, we made them taller to provide a better vantage point out of the NSX cockpit, and fabricated a new base to fit the NSX door. When Dan installed his he made a slim CNC machined adapter plate; you can see the 5Zigen car uses a rather large adapter piece, to make their mirrors fit.

Now my nightmare is having someone tear by in a parking lot and clip one of them off, after all of the fab work. Probably worthwhile to get a spare set :rolleyes:

I'd assume Spoon is going to create an NSX-specific base, interested in more details.

It's a nice looking design. And you are right there aren't many options sadly. I personally won't take off my OEM heated and powered AND pay $900 more. If these were heated, powered, even if not carbon, or at least not $900, I'd think about it. Don't mean to discourage anyone else that likes them.

OEM's are heated??? How do I turn this on?

Spoon makes them for the S2000 and the Civic, but they discontinued those mirrors about a year ago.

Several people have modified the mirrors to fit other applications, anything from NSX's to Mitsubishi's; based on the OP I assume Spoon is willing to make an NSX specific application if an MOQ is reached.

Yes. These are NOT civic or s2000 mirrors, these are specifically for the NSX. Spoon did make the NSX side mirrors years ago before they were discontinued.

Last edited:
If these aren't electric how do you adjust them? when i say adjust i don't mean fold in, how do you actually change the angle of the mirror?

^ Precisely. However, you will likely adjust them one time and be done with it. I haven't touched my mirror settings in a very long time...so going manual doesn't bother me one bit. It's not like you adjust them every day.

So these are direct Nsx fitment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back