• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Spoon aero mirrors Limited group buy for NSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you calling me stupid? haha.

There might have been a cable you pull through the window you could pull to adjust haha.

Well you have to adjust the mirror through the Wiki noted, "how to" ie: valve cover oil battery maintenance filler timing cover.

Well you have to adjust the mirror through the Wiki noted, "how to" ie: valve cover oil battery maintenance filler timing cover.

You missed the gearbox in the sequence.

it goes valve cover oil battery GEARBOX maintenance filler timing cover (mirror adjustment)

Are these Nsx fitment 100% 0r naw

To be clear, mine are Spoon S2000 aero mirrors with custom fabricated bases; I'm not sure why my car made this thread, and I was going to let it slide, but it seems a little misleading.

Personally, I've never heard of this mirror being made by Spoon for the NSX, in fact, when I contacted them nearly a year ago they said outright that it was never made in an NSX application - not discontinued, but never produced.

The first evidence to the contrary are the damaged NSX-RGT pics posted at the end of the last page, which appear to show a slightly different shape of mirror base than the one made for the Civic / S2000. It's possible this was a 1-off set, since the car belongs to the owner of Spoon, and was a bit of a play thing - in other outings it sports factory NSX mirrors.

In any case, my understanding of the thread is that arrangements are being made with Spoon to produce a new product, which should fit the NSX directly. Personally, I'd like some kind of confirmation from Spoon that this is the situation, since there are several companies producing poor quality replicas of this mirror.

If Spoon is willing to go out of their way to make an NSX product again, after their brief RGT foray a few years ago, we should seize on that as a community.

Scorp, your car made the pics because it looks great on your car. The difference in the base between your s2000 mirrors and the NSX mirror is not much just the angle of the base itself.

As per my email, these will be NSX SPECIFIC side mirrors, not S2000 or something else. You are more than welcome to disbelief this thread if you like, however, in a few months when all of the participants have pics of their new Spoon mirrors and you missed this opportunity, it may not come around again. I do not sell any replica Spoon mirrors that I claim to be legitimate, nor would I.

Last edited:
Add me to the list please

Will these be Pre painted in black or what is the finish? Sorry if I missed it.

Since this will be custom NSX specific Spoon mirrors, will the dimensions end up being bigger than the Spoon S2k mirrors?

See the spoon NSX video. They HAVE the exact mirrors on their race car

as I stated before, not many sets exist in the world so this is a rare opportunity!

- - - Updated - - -

You may like this one too then:
http://youtu.be/0YM_OQHvmso

Its interesting at the Macau race, the spoon NSX has the aero mirrors on for qualifying, then wrecks the car damaging one side (so they swap the passenger mirror back to stock) to finish the race. In the introduction start, they show clips of both before & after the wreck racing (but you don't catch the time lapse) unless you watch the entire video. That is one bad ass NA2!

Screenshot2013-02-27at85216AM_zpsf3485c47.png

Last edited:
I really don't want to spend the money right now but I absolutely need these, it isn't a matter of want. Put me down for a set please

So... are these being made by Spoon or an aftermarket company?

Also, will these come in bare plastic or painted black?

thanks

So... are these being made by Spoon or an aftermarket company?

Also, will these come in bare plastic or painted black?

thanks

Why do people keep asking variations of this question? This is a special one-time deal that I am putting together.

IT IS MADE BY SPOON SPORTS IN JAPAN - 100% AUTHENTIC SPOON (NOT REPLICA, NOT COPY, NOT FAKE, NOT STYLED COPY, NOT EBAY, NOT CHINESE, NOT TIAWAN, NOT MY GARAGE / BASEMENT etc)

The finish is exactly as posted in the first post, same as ALL Genuine Spoon mirrors.

And PLEASE, to keep the list clear and concise, IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO PURCHASE, DO NOT ADD YOURSELF TO THE LIST. IF you will not have the minimum deposit by the group buy END DATE, DO NOT ADD YOURSELF TO THE LIST.

Thankyou

Last edited:
is there a cap of how many people on the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back