• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steering Wheel Shakes/Rattles When Driving Over 60 MPH. Do I Need Wheel Balancing?

I noticed that my steering wheel rattles and shakes at certain freeways around LA and when going past 60 mph. It all started when my front rim got bent and after I got it fixed from Marco @ Performance Wheels. He assured the rim was properly fixed.

Wondering if I need wheel balancing and that would solve the problem. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Can anyone recommend a reliable and affordable wheel balancing place around LA?

Thanks friends!

You either need to get your wheels rebalanced or you might have looseness in your front end ie: loose tie rods or ball joints.

I hope that whoever remounted your tire after the wheel repair balanced the wheel. If he didn't, never go back there again.

If you bent a wheel to the point that it needed repair, perhaps you also damaged the tire.

I hope that whoever remounted your tire after the wheel repair balanced the wheel. If he didn't, never go back there again.

If you bent a wheel to the point that it needed repair, perhaps you also damaged the tire.
yeah... that is what i'm afraid of... and yeah, i don't think i'll go back to that place... they didnt balance the wheel...

If you are concerned about the wheel being bent or out of balance, you can always throw on ONE of your factory wheels and see if that eliminates the issue. If so, the one wheel removed is likely the culprit.

If you are concerned about the wheel being bent or out of balance, you can always throw on ONE of your factory wheels and see if that eliminates the issue. If so, the one wheel removed is likely the culprit.
would love to, but sold my extra set... =/

Hi in response to your question I also bent my front rim & had it repaired .after installation I had a Road force tire balancing machine check my wheels &they read normal on the machine but around the same speed I would continue to get that same shaking in the wheel as well.I had a mechanic check all the bushings 7 they said it all looked good .I already replace Brakes,tein coilovers ,momo steering wheel .But still does the same thing Its the last issue with my car to be just about perfect let me know if the tie rods or the front bearings are the culprit if you gt this done before I do.

Back