• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

***STICKY*** Gen1 NSX Current Market Analysis

As a person who has been actively searching and recently bought a NA2, I do feel BAT prices are a little bit bloated. Outside of auctions you have list price and selling price. There has been a consistent $5-15k deviation in favor of the buyer. BAT is more advantageous to sellers because of the lower posting fees, and you get a better chance of the final price being driven up by buyers in the last 2 minutes going at each other. Not to mention the burden of the 5% is on them.

As a person who has been actively searching and recently bought a NA2, I do feel BAT prices are a little bit bloated. Outside of auctions you have list price and selling price. There has been a consistent $5-15k deviation in favor of the buyer. BAT is more advantageous to sellers because of the lower posting fees, and you get a better chance of the final price being driven up by buyers in the last 2 minutes going at each other. Not to mention the burden of the 5% is on them.

I think when you're looking for a rare car, you've gotta look everywhere. I bid on a couple six-figure cars on BaT in my spec (low mile, silver, black interior, never damaged), but ended up finding my car by putting a simple post on prime. A member with a great car messaged me the next day, and we had a deal the same day.

I have both bought and sold on BaT, and there's no question in my mind that it is MUCH better than a conventional auction, where the auction house usually gets 18% of the actual price the buyer pays.

I think when you're looking for a rare car, you've gotta look everywhere. I bid on a couple six-figure cars on BaT in my spec (low mile, silver, black interior, never damaged), but ended up finding my car by putting a simple post on prime. A member with a great car messaged me the next day, and we had a deal the same day.

I have both bought and sold on BaT, and there's no question in my mind that it is MUCH better than a conventional auction, where the auction house usually gets 18% of the actual price the buyer pays.

No doubt. I’ve been watching all the auctions, including that 2005 yellow/yellow with 11k miles that sold for $133k on the Porsche auction site. I too finally picked up a good car through a private seller. It’s sad to see that a lot of the BAT cars went to dealers who are trying to flip because the same car shows up less than. Year later.

Very nice car, with a very strong selling price.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-acura-nsx-18/

$147K for a one-owner low mileage 1997?!?!?. I'm not complaining, but that is quite a purchase price. I do think 97's are a great year for the NSX (although all years are pretty great). :wink:

With 2 recent BaT auctions for one-owner NSX's going for top dollar, it got me thinking about one-owner cars and what that feature would bring to the total value. My conflicting thought is: If one-owner is so valuable, does that mean the car is devalued when the 2nd owner purchases the car? If so, that just seems a little counter-productive to the car's value / buying experience. I have never cared that much about whether a car was a one-owner, but the condition of the car and lower miles certainly meant a lot to me when purchasing a used car.

Regardless, I do enjoy seeing cars come up on BaT and sell. The manner in which the auctions play out, and how the details of the cars are presented are great IMO.

Bee one owner..... price^^^^..........bee mods.....vvvvvv.......

The presentation on BAT has really improved over the years. It creates a narrative that seems to get people bidding. After that auction, I was thinking about how I would "market" my car. I think it would be worth investing in a professional photographer with the right setting. Cell phone pictures in the garage just wont cut it on BAT anymore!

lol a new industry of auto glamour photography.....

I bought a 1992 off market back in June that might need to be added (not sure how this all works), it was in good condition using kbb ratings as a reference and I paid $37,000 to a private party.

haha yes ..I'm somebodies favorite film critic!!!

What are you guys thoughts on where values are headed? Continued steady increase? Just when I think they can't go up more, they jump a significant amount. Mine is higher mileage, but it's still worth 3x the amount I paid for it 10 years ago.

I certainly dont have a crystal ball but I think inflation has to be a factor in the value. As the dollar gets weaker, prices of everything increase.....including used cars. As for the NSX, I cant think of a better car to keep for the long haul. Even if the value stabilizes or drops, you can still drive it!!

you have to look at bid/ask spread....at least the data inputs are hammer prices.I think the near term higher prices are for the A quality specimens...

you have to look at bid/ask spread....at least the data inputs are hammer prices.I think the near term higher prices are for the A quality specimens...

I thought that as well, but I've seen probably 2-3 cars come up on facebook groups at 50k that I thought was a bit much, and they get a bunch of thumbs up and "Good price" comments. Multiple posts for wtb, with no care for mileage, color, trans, salvage, etc. Really makes me wonder if it's inflation or this is just the new normal/values going up.

interestingly enough ( having no hard data) I am seeing a no fear attitude with lower quality drivers. How I interpret this is either handy DIYers are not afraid of a fixer...or we have resellers looking for a flip. Either way the strong prices on the high end lift all boats

interestingly enough ( having no hard data) I am seeing a no fear attitude with lower quality drivers. How I interpret this is either handy DIYers are not afraid of a fixer...or we have resellers looking for a flip. Either way the strong prices on the high end lift all boats

Agreed. It seems extremely recent though, I would've thought we'd see the higher jump with that zanardi that went for what was it, 288k early last year? Does the end of the 2nd gen have any bearing on 1st gen pricing somehow?

Back