• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stolen Nsx JH4NA1156PT000076

yea, I'm really not seeing the correlation here either...

As the price of the NSX's come down there are more people that can just barely afford to buy them, but not repair them. Lots of incomplete or damaged cars around that need parts, they go to the ultimate shopping mall and take what they need.

This particular NSX seems rather clean, so I suspect that this NSX will show up driving around with different, but salvaged, VIN numbers.

If you are up for it: call and try to determine your local "regional autotheft task force". Tell them that you had an exceptionally clean NSX stolen and you think it is a good candidate for a "vin switch". Give them some "personal points of id" and they should appreciate your efforts. And the pool of eligible VINs is so small that it would be an excellent case to follow up on.

They can put a watch out for any new salvaged NSX's that become re-registered. They will go out and authenticate the car and arrest the perps.

The insurance company will have paid out long before this, so you don't have to worry about getting the car back....but at least you have done some justice to some morons.

Drew

hook up coil springed spike to the battery. have it in the seat....

when you dont push off the off switch and try to start the car, it shoots the probes in your but and a relay makes the connection to the 12 volt battery cable..... or even better, hook that baby uip to a capasitor for more juice. use like 4 gauge wire for some real fun.

its time for me to get that kill switch going.:biggrin:

This one if funny enough to invest time in. Please figure out a way to mass produce such a device and put me down for 1. I would love to see the look on his face when the cops came to pull him out. Although..........I wouldn't want to be driving if a electrical short happened...ouch!!!:eek: Maybe my wife could drive from now on....:wink:

Its sad, but here's the senerio. A thug that buy's a salvaged nsx sits on it and can't afford to buy his repair parts. He goes to a couple of nsx meets and seems very interested in your car. A simple question of "where do you live" (which is asked more often than you think) a city is all they need to narrow down their search. He gives some distance between the time you met and the time your car is stolen. He strips what he needs, maybe sells some parts. All because he was able to buy a $13,000 salvaged car. Had the value of the salvaged car been higher, he wouldn't have had a starting point. I kind of put the supra/viper/nsx in the same catagorie, I wonder if they're also starting to see an increase in theft?

Last edited:
I was able to find my nsx! thanks to Nat (Carmar) our very own Prime member who told me the where abouts of the car.

for more information please refer to the following link: CLICK HERE

Also, I would like to thank everyone for keeping an eye out for me and all the warm regards everyone has given me. THANKS!!!

Jimbonuttz I'm glad to hear u got your car back.. I think u should look into this
www.ravelco.com I'm going to get it for my X as extra security..

Good luck

I got followed home once by a loonie that thought I had cut him off. He was chasing me around and he "chased" right into the parking lot of the New York State Police barracks. He parked his car got out to confront me and then noticed about 50 state police cars and decided he would be better off if he left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another time I was certain that someone was following me in my then new Acura GSR Integra (one of the most stolen cars in the USA). Instead of going home, I stopped and parked on a stranger's driveway and rang the bell. Luckily no one was at home and the guy slowed and then drove off. After I was certain that he was gone, I got in my car and continued on home.
I did not want him to know where the car slept at night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a friend with a Harley and he HATES his neighbor. So on nice sunny days in his somewhat rotten neighborhood spends a couple of hours polishing his bike right in front of that neighbor's house. That evening with amazing regularity, his neighbor's garage gets broken into.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad you got your car back. Nailing the bastard that took it would be nice too.

it wasn't badily damaged but the interior was stripped, im meeting up with the insurance company to go look at the car later this week, ill post pics and update everyone once i find out what's going on.

Jimmy

it wasn't badily damaged but the interior was stripped, im meeting up with the insurance company to go look at the car later this week, ill post pics and update everyone once i find out what's going on.

Jimmy
Good luck Jimmy,

I hope everything works out for you.

Right on Jimmy, glad you got your car back. This site & the members just get better and better...=)

Levi

Right on Jimmy, glad you got your car back. This site & the members just get better and better...=)

Levi

So true...Prime Members are very supportive. I just can't wait to officially buy and really join the group.

Goodluck Jimbo.

:biggrin:

Back