• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stolen!!!

You know...I drove a car once with vise grips clamped to the steering column, or at least what was left of it.

I looked for my past post about the incident but can't find it.

Back when I was 19 I was seeing this girl and we were kind of living together. Well she was becoming a PITA so I started to pack my crap and told her I was leaving. While I was packing she disappeared. I threw my crap in the Datsun B210 and noticed my steering wheel was missing. The biotch had cut it off the column. I clamped a pair of vise grips on it and drove away. I love them crazy bitches. They make life interesting.

Bob! un f'n real. I met you this summer when you came to Appleton. I have the black one next to Jeff with the widebody. Heck here in Appleton, I have on occasion left my car in the driveway overnight, windows down, keys in the ignition!!!!! Thats what a few too many beers at the neighbors fire pit will do to the logic! :eek: Yeah, crime is pretty low here. Thank God. I am sure Wausau is even less!!!!!

Wish you the best.

She didn't offer you $50 for your underwear did she? :biggrin: :tongue:

This girl was straight out of the asylum. I avoided her for quite a while after that but she tracked me down at a friends wedding and threw a big scene outside when they wouldn't let her in. What a nut job.

BOB,
really sorry to hear about what happened...SUX! I know you now feel really violated, been there before. Hope all will be reinbursted and replaced soon.

Sorry to hear about that. A thief is a coward! What is worst is that they were in your home, that would piss me off more than the car being gone.

After a recent neighborhood scare I beefed up the security around our house. Among several security adds and upgrades the best purchase we had was a 3.0 cu ft. fire safe. We bolted it to our floor and at 300 lbs. it would be tough to move anyway. We got it to store our keys, jewlery, cameras, and valuable paper work in and to wart off thiefs and in case of a fire. It has been money well spent. I know that if a pro car thief wanted our cars, keys would not stop them , but the safe would at least slow them down if they were looking to make it easier on themselves.

The security systems are good if you activate them and the false alarms are pretty commom. They are sort of like how we treat car alarms now, people barely turn their heads when they go off.

This occurance should make us all think again about our set ups and how we can protect ourselves and our families better. :mad:

LOL. I have a safe in my shop, but I keep it (locked) empty. I figure the crooks will spend all their time trying to open/steal it, all the while I'm driving over there to perforate their spleens. I live 3 mins. away and my alarm system calls me, not the alarm co. They've got 3 mins. to get in/get out.

You must live in a rural or low-population area. Here (SoFLA) or in Calif., home alarms are low priority and the average response time is measured in HOURS, not minutes.

I am on an island on the east coast, I can even pull up every angle of my house on my 65 incher.

Last edited:
I am on an island on the east coast, I can even pull up every angle of my house on my 65 incher, its kinda funny at times watchin the neighborhood cats out there at night, let alone if i want to see one of my cars i push a button on the remote :)

Wow. Can it zoom in on the Tein Flex System?

sorry to hear they stole your benz.... thank god for insurance.
at least they didnt steal the NSX.

what's up with this season... every one is stealing something.
my best friend got his truck stolen but i dont see what they want a stock 06' toyota tacoma trd edition with an whole in the side of the door.

people these days.

BOB, after they catch the thief and punished them, a Cohiba cigar on me!!!:smile:

Sorry to hear your loss.
Someone got a nice X'mas present.:mad: :mad: There is so much more crimes just before the holidays.
At least you got your insurance money worth.

I remember when my little brother bought his first car, a 1980 RX7, with his own hard earned money from working in a supermarket. They stole the car in broad daylight right in front of my house. We found it later completely stripped in Brooklyn. It was a sad sight.

WOW -I am really sorry for your loss. Luckily you and your family are safe.

I missed this thread due to all the recent traffic on the board.:wink:

That really sucks about your car. Very nice car.

Having your "comfort zone" broken into is a horrible, violating feeling. While I'd be concerned about getting the car back, I would be more concerned with making sure all of the doors are locked, checking with people around the neighborhood to see if anyone else's homes were broken into, etc. Maybe your house was just another case of "luck of the draw."

There have been a few vandalisms in my neighborhood, and my car has been targeted multiple times, but then I found out that a guy down the street has experienced the same issues.

I just hope the police catch these morons and make them pay dearly for their crimes.

hey shifty sorry to hear about the lost, but where in corona do you stay?? :mad: The house i might be purchasing is in the 98220 area...:smile:

Sorry to hear Bob.
This sounds like some one knows your every move and what you have.
Hope these punks will pay soon.

Jeez Bob sorry to hear but glad you and the wife were not hurt!

Back