• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Supra TT vs. NSX??

As an aside, Mark Tozer is the biggest moron in the Supra community and he was disowned hence i-supra.com. So you can understand him better: (He's best dipicted in the 2nd photo)

http://www.boostaholic.com/tmp/suprastore1.jpg

http://www.boostaholic.com/tmp/suprastore2.jpg

If anyone cares I can email you the entire Supra community drama as I've seen it all being a Supra owner for a while. It's good enough for daytime TV.

------------------
Mike
'91 NSX

[This message has been edited by burnmacs (edited 09 October 2002).]

I won't even bother...
rolleyes.gif

Ohh, really, me and him had a few words, but now i guess it's not even worth it.

I wouldn't worry about what they say. I could have easily bought a Supra or maybe a C5 now but I decided to go for the NSX.

There are many reasons why we go for the NSX and not just based on numbers alone. I also noticed NSX owners tend to be more open minded when we talk about cars. Try visiting a Civic, Mustang, or Camaro forum and you'll see what I mean by closed minded!

Originally posted by 8000RPM:
Yawn...

Hey 8000RPM, did you call? ;-)

lol, good one

I just read that thread... wow ! I wouldn't have believed that someone could be that self centered! In my experience guys that have an answer for everything , have already tried everything and who must discount other peoples experiences are massively compensating for something! Geez this guy doesn't get a date till he is 38 and we all have to suffer!

Tim

Tim,
Which thread did you read, the first or the second one. Either way, this guy is nut, one of the MODERATER even has a job as Troll Patrol. Ohh, my lord, they fit together.
Best Regard
De

two lines that craked me up:

yeah, but a Supra is better....(it) looks better and feels better. and the 2jz engine...plainly amazing and strong as hell.

I realize that, but it's built to Acura quality specs Below Lexus standards (highest in the world for a production car).

BELOW LEXUS!?!?! does hand build in a special factory by the top honda techs mean anything?
confused.gif
Actually, you cant teach a pet rock to roll over..you can only smack it
biggrin.gif

What a stupid post.. IMHO the nsx and supra are not even in the same class. My friend has a 91 nsx and from driving it, I can say it handles much better than my supra. Is it faster than my supra? no Would that make me not want to buy one? hell no If you just want to go fast, and do it for the least amount of money possible then the supra is the way to go, but not everyone wants that. The nsx can be made fast, but so can a geo metro. The nsx will get looks from people that the supra will never get.

------------------
picture.JPG

94 Supra TT bpu+++

I still can't believe he's trying to trademark "BPU"
biggrin.gif

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

[This message has been edited by O-Ace (edited 10 October 2002).]

I shut him up real good when I confronted him with that question about BPU.

Why would they act like the Supra is the God of all cars? I mean these days Supras are so cheap to buy. You can pick up a nice one for under $30K. Then why act like it's a godsend and only select people can buy them? I know a lot of high school kids driving Supras these days
rolleyes.gif

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

I betcha your Vette can give a few of those moron for their money. Like I said, they deserve each other.

a run for their money. My bad

Originally posted by O-Ace:
Why would they act like the Supra is the God of all cars? I mean these days Supras are so cheap to buy. You can pick up a nice one for under $30K. Then why act like it's a godsend and only select people can buy them? I know a lot of high school kids driving Supras these days
rolleyes.gif

Most people have a pretty good sense of where cars stand. You've got the top of the heap, with the 911TT and the 360 and a few lower-production cars (McLaren, Lambo, etc). A small step down you've got the Z06 and Viper. Another small step down you've got the NSX, the 911 NA, and the Lotus Esprit. Another small step down you've got the E46 M3 and the regular Corvette and, when it wasn't in the shop, the last-gen RX-7. The Supra belongs maybe three or four steps below that, with other, similar muscle cars like the high-performance versions of the Z28 and Mustang.

Maybe you can argue about any particular car and where it stands, but this is roughly where most knowledgeable folks would rank these cars.

If you owned a Supra, wouldn't you want to claim that it belonged with cars several steps up from where most folks would put it?
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
If you owned a Supra, wouldn't you want to claim that it belonged with cars several steps up from where most folks would put it?
biggrin.gif

The stairway to heaven. Pun intended.

What, no ENZO?
Joe

I had an argument too about he nsx. the topic was the nsx sucks. I'm like what the hell they are talking about it is like one of the best cars you can get looking at the work and achievements it does with not that powerful engine.
They stated that the supra was better and i argued and argued. They didn't change thier mind. I decided to look up the info. I compared the stock 91 nsx to the single turbo supra. Out of numbers the nsx was faster. I compared the Supra MKIV to the new NSX-R. NSX was faster again. Then i notice that they started to talk about how the nsx was overpriced. They just like walked away at what i just posted. They were like trying to lean away from my proof. I tryed to stop arguing but i had to go back and defend.

They didn't change thier mind about how the nsx is worth the price tag so I stop writing back and the topic is an old thing now.

I would like to state that the nsx is slightly overprice but not alot i say about 5K overprice. But i still would get it since i'm like a nsx freak.

Please don't get mad at me for saying that.

Why bother with any forum that has a "KILL" section. I don't need to trounce on others to feel good about myself or my car.

Back