• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Supra TT vs. NSX??

I take it back i think the nsx is worth everypenny. I did some more thinking and it is worth it definitly.
wink.gif

i knew what kind of post this would be b4 i even went into it...for anyones thats been on this forum for any length of time they know just to ignore them.

Everytime I see a "Supercar" articles about performance in car enthusiast magazines, it pitts the likes of Ferrari and Porsche with NSX. And Supra with Mustang and Camero...why is that; if the Supra is so superior to NSX?

Originally posted by tewills:
Everytime I see a "Supercar" articles about performance in car enthusiast magazines, it pitts the likes of Ferrari and Porsche with NSX. And Supra with Mustang and Camero...why is that; if the Supra is so superior to NSX?

Because Supra isn't so superior. And has a lot more in common (price, ease of modification, HEAVY weight, young punk demographics) with the Mustang and Camaro than it does with the other three cars.

...in essence, the Supra earns its name as the "Japanese muscle car"......
That's not really all that bad now is it? It is still a fine car, IMO. But it's sad to see a fine car such as this to be owned mostly by a bunch of imbecile who thinks they're all that plus a bag of Doritos just because their Supra's motors can make amazing power with just some basic upgrades.

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 05 November 2002).]

When a TRUE enthusiast buys a car for "ultimate performance" (to me, the term "performance" isn't just about how much power an engine makes), he/she wants the ENTIRE PACKAGE, right? To a true enthusiast that actually knows something, the engine doe NOT make the car. I feel that, at the very least, it's just as difficult of a task, if not MORE difficult and CHALLENGING, to engineer/design/build a chasis that has the optimal suspension geometry/rigidity/overall balance than making a powerful engine without a decent chasis, esp. when the entire NSX's is made out of ALUMINUM. Without a well-designed chasis and proper suspension geometry, a car cannot achieve optimal "dynamic" performance (ie, in the curves as well as the straights), regardless of the engine's power output....

.....The Honda engineers who designed the NSX's chasis and suspension geometry had achieved the ultimate goal to extract every performance potential out of its somewhat "modest" C30A and C32B motor to the ground through the turns as well as on the straights. I believe such is the quality that makes the dynamic performance potential of the NSX above that of the Supra,(or the Camaro vs. the Z06, for you Domestic fans out there
wink.gif
) not just because the NSX carries the higher price tag justified by the materials used, hand-made nature, limited production, and other exotic factor. Even though I don't have the mechanical engineering know-how in combustion engines, it doesn't take an Einstein to know that the engineering involved in designing NSX motor is complex and very high-tech, and thus explains the reason why cheap low tech engines like the Mustangs, SUPRAS, Camaros and even Z06's (sorry fellas-it's my favorite car too) are so much easier to mod.

Back